Patended 5000t

Thread: Patended 5000t

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Patended 5000t

Does any one know how many 5000ts were made with word patended on the back ? Ray

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Re: Patended 5000t

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Does any one know how many 5000ts were made with word patended on the back ? Ray

Hi Ray,

We have had a few customers that have reported that, but I don't know a firm number. We could put it in the same catagory as the "RR" Caribbeans

You can contact us at DOXA any time toll free at 877-255-5017.

This topic has already been addressed a fair bit. We are re-opening this thread, but treat it in the manner that we are re-opening for discussion about collections and value - i.e. the rr Caribbean - thanks!

James

Cheers,
    Andy

DOXA, the inventors of Orange!
    Last edited by DOXA Forum Administrator 1; October 29th, 2008 at 04:08. Reason: clarification

Thanks James for reopening this

I find it interesting that a few early 5000T watches had the minor spelling error, makes them kinda special, perhaps not in financial terms but adds a little something.

Reason i wanted to contribute is i have an early Caribbean - #16 - which has the "D", and i wouldn't change it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would agree with david on this one. I think that small errors in spelling make the watch a bit more special. I doubt they will ever command big bucks over a normal spelling but they make that watch a little bit more unique and who knows maybe in 40 years they might be much more sought after.

Pete

To me, It just shows that Doxa is a company "of the people", for the people. Not some huge behemoth that has become so big that they no longer listen to their customers. Humans make mistakes, that is just a fact of life. Good to see that Doxa is made up of humans that care what the customers think.

I feel quite certain that Doxa will not put "Carribbean" on a dial, or "Patended" on a caseback again. Glad that I have 1 of each though.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I like mine so much, I actually wear it upside down

PS: I would buy an extra rectified back from Doxa if I could

I just checked my 5000T Pro and it also has the Patended. That's fine with me as well. I am assuming that it has been corrected in the newer case backs? It does make one wonder how special my watch is with this.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an "RR" sometime ....

John
    John M.

Both mine say Patended, but I believe this has been rectified in new 5000T's. Can anyone verify this?
    Lots of dive watches.

Personally--and no offense meant--these spelling errors shouldn't happen again. My DS GMT is my favorite watch. I'm a big fan of Doxa. You guys think "patended" is going to increase the value of your watch? More than anything it shows your allegiance to Doxa, which I share. Happens again how bout we all chip in and send the Doxa elves to summer school?

Can't understand how some people think simple errors or mistakes increase value of these watches. If it did then all watch brands, car manufacturers etc would throw them in every now and again. To me it reflects on quality control in manufacturing and prior to shipping. As Sean779 says it probably reflects a degree of loyalty to the brand more than anything. I like Doxa watches and I hope simple typos don't happen again...like how many words are actually on a watch!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information