Pete's Book is a STEAL at $79

Thread: Pete's Book is a STEAL at $79

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pete's Book is a STEAL at $79

I remember a few people complaining a bit that the Doxa Book was too expensive. I always thought it was very reasonably priced, so I bought 2. I thought this might put it into perspective

Competitor's Book--Click HERE
    Last edited by Jason71; November 21st, 2007 at 23:49.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Pete's Book is a STEAL at $79

You couldn't be more right J, Pete's book would be a steal at twice the price!

Had the chance to look over the prepublication copy, still need to buy the real thing. (..maybe a Christmas gift to myself?)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny S View Post
    You couldn't be more right J, Pete's book would be a steal at twice the price!

Had the chance to look over the prepublication copy, still need to buy the real thing. (..maybe a Christmas gift to myself?)

I say go for it. But don't get rid of that prepublication copy as you call it. I would say that those may be rather neat to look at in a number of years.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am a watch collector for 25 years. This year I was converted to Doxa as one of the top collectable watches. The reasons are well known :
    History, Clive Cussler, design, icon of diving watches, incredably interaction between Doxa and collectors etc.
    But what collectors of all fine pieces of art should have in common is proper documentation. Without Dr. P. Millars book, I would not have bought any Doxa, simply because the right information and documentation were not known to me. So, as Jason did, I bought two books, one for using daily, one for keeping pristine. Compared to other watch collectors books, the orange one is cheap, of high quality and a reference standard work for Doxa.
    Well done Doc. Millar, your work is on my desk.
    Regards,
    Adrian.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Since we're talking about Pete's book.....Pete, are you still signing books that are sold here in N. America?

I'm planning on getting one signed for my son. He's only three now, but there will come a day. Perhaps the day that he receives his first scuba certification.

How great would it be, to one day say "Hey son, congratulations on your certification. Your Mom and I have a little something that we put back just for this special day"

He opens a box and finds inside one of Pete's books personally signed to him, congratulating him on his accomplishment. He then digs a little deeper, and finds a silver aluminum tube. In that tube, a DOXA Pro perfectly NOS and just for him.

I know if my dad had done something like that when I was a newly certified diver, my spirits would have been flying so high that they'd still be circling the clouds.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Guys thanks for the kind words on the book. Yep I'll still sign and or personalize any books for North America.

Did anyone who visited the new ADs see a book on the counter near the watches. There should be a display copy to leaf through.

Pete

Yep only can second that, Pete did a pretty good Job with the help and knowledge of a lot of the longtime Forumers, the Collectors and the infos from Doxa.

He also fighted for the full Version to be released, for all the "Newcommers" to the brand which haven´t had the luck to be part of the project and thus wouldn´t be able to get one of the review copy´s.

Without his strong will a lot of pictures and text passages would have been cut out, due to copyright issues.

I also have always one of the review copys in a reachable distance at my officedesk.

The Layout of the finished Version is much more professional, so Danny go and get you a copy or maybe two, it´s really worth it and there are some more chapters included which are not in the first review copy.

A great work of art at a fair price

Regards Bernie

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Guys thanks for the kind words on the book. Yep I'll still sign and or personalize any books for North America.

Did anyone who visited the new ADs see a book on the counter near the watches. There should be a display copy to leaf through.

Pete
    Landmark doesn't have one, but they do have two preview copies to check out.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Not at Back In Time (yet!) but then, their Doxa display hasn't arrived yet. For now, their Doxa's are in a case with their pre-owned collection (Omegas, Rolex's and Breitling's- in other words, the best watches in the store! ). I'm sure it'll be up when the display arrives (wonder where they'll put the display? Somewhere prominent I'll bet. They do seem happy to have the line!).

If it isn't when it does (does that sound coherent? ) I'll take mine to show them. Won't be able to keep them away from it once they've seen it!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I'm not a big fan of signed book. For me, this book itself is his signature.

Great work!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information