picked this vintage off of ebay...

Thread: picked this vintage off of ebay...

picked this vintage off of ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOXA-SUB300T-SHA...a58af0636#shId

looks pretty good except for the missing end piece. Dial looks great, bezel is pretty scratched but I bet Jack can work his magic on it. I have another vintage professional from the same era late 60's. I like these better than the thicker case synchron ones. I know I am in the minority on this but these thinner model hug the wrist more IMHO and this one has a screwdown crown. Any thoughts on this one from the vintage experts?
    regards
    patrick

Re: picked this vintage off of ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DOXA-SUB300T-SHARKHUNTER-DIVE-WATCH-W-BLACK-FACE_W0QQitemZ250595968566QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWrist watches?hash=item3a58af0636#shId

looks pretty good except for the missing end piece. Dial looks great, bezel is pretty scratched but I bet Jack can work his magic on it. I have another vintage professional from the same era late 60's. I like these better than the thicker case synchron ones. I know I am in the minority on this but these thinner model hug the wrist more IMHO and this one has a screwdown crown. Any thoughts on this one from the vintage experts?
    regards
    patrick
    Hello Patrick,

from the pictures in the auction it looks that it is a first series 300 "T" Sailingship Case with the big crown tube but to be 100% sure I would need some detail pics of the crown unscrewed.

This case was used also on the Conquistador and on the DOXA ARMY.
    The Conquistador was produced side by side with this model, but the ARMY was produced during the Synchrone era where the SUB´s already had the thicker case with non-screwdown crown and Synchrone logo on the casebaack. This makes me believe that the Army was a product using NOS cases which where still in Stock.

Your watch looks really nice, keep the dial and handset the way it is as it is really nicely aged. If it would be mine I only would paint the bezel, have the movement serviced and keep the rest the way it is with all this nice wabi.

Regards Bernie

thanks bernie for the info..

i will try and post some more pics when it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE View Post
    Hello Patrick,

from the pictures in the auction it looks that it is a first series 300 "T" Sailingship Case with the big crown tube but to be 100% sure I would need some detail pics of the crown unscrewed.

This case was used also on the Conquistador and on the DOXA ARMY.
    The Conquistador was produced side by side with this model, but the ARMY was produced during the Synchrone era where the SUB´s already had the thicker case with non-screwdown crown and Synchrone logo on the casebaack. This makes me believe that the Army was a product using NOS cases which where still in Stock.

Your watch looks really nice, keep the dial and handset the way it is as it is really nicely aged. If it would be mine I only would paint the bezel, have the movement serviced and keep the rest the way it is with all this nice wabi.

Regards Bernie

Thread Information