Planet Ocean or Super-shark?

Thread: Planet Ocean or Super-shark?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Planet Ocean or Super-shark?

I know Dr Millar has looked into comparisons between the 750T and the Seamaster pro....but here's an interesting one...anyone any views on whether one should buy the Planet Ocrean or the 5000T Sharkhunter? Do Doxa see the PO as it's direct competitor or is it aimed at a different market?
    Just seeking opinions here.....no right or wrong answer.

Re: Planet Ocean or Super-shark?

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): Get the one that speaks to your heart, not your mind. If that's not how you roll, then...

Stylewise and Construction: both are winners in my book.

Movement: It depends if you want the latest technology (and COSC certification) or tried and true (can I say bombproof?) components.

Opinion - Omega has a history of releasing movements before the bugs have been worked out (the Piquet designed 3303 Broadarrow Speedy comes to mind) and the Daniels designed Co-Axial module may fall into that category. My German watchmaker is Omega and Breitling trained/certified (and works for an Omega/Breitling AD) and he doesn't care for Co-Axial modified ETA movements in sport watches. He says they're not particlarly robust and require servicing more often than the Omega advertised 10 year interval.

After the sale: I've had warranty work done by both companies and have never had a problem with either.

In the same class? Without handling both, it's hard to say but my gut says no. Omega (I was a diehard Omegan years ago) is a long way from their Ploprof days and I feel Doxa has remained true to their roots with their reissues. The Seaconqueror looks to be a logical evolutional leap forward.

The 5000 has a better movement and I think the twist off HRV is kind of silly. JMHO. Like Bo, I'm not too impressed with the co-ax 2424 for robustness. I feel the 1000 is even a better tool watch. Don't get me wrong Omega's are beautiful watches and well made, just not my cuppa.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am not looking to decide between these two myself....
    I thought it would be fun to consider what watches we would consider as the direct competitor to the supersub, taking into account the new more up market design and pricing, and how it fares against this competition.
    Last edited by sunster; November 13th, 2007 at 00:31.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I think they're legitimate competetors (as evidenced by the fact that if I weren't buying a Supershark, I'd probably seriously consider a PO- it's a great looking watch, similar price range, I think they are indeed competing for the same dollars~mine at least!).

But I guess the proof is in the pudding. I have 5 Doxa's, soon to be 6, and NO Omega's (the two that interest me most are the PO and the Speedmaster Pro Moon watch, which I would almost certainly buy before the PO). The winner? Seaconqueror SUB 5000T... the Supershark!

Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Cool
    I wonder if Dr Millar plans to do a comparison review...

Rolling eyes Re: Planet Ocean or Super-shark?

I would buy the Doxa...i think that,would be a direct competitor and isn´t at a different market... although I believe that the omega is more expensiveplanet ocean is a beautifull watch,robust and is the James bod watchBut,i don´t see the coaxial movement better than Doxa movement.:oops:
    Yes!,is a COSC movement,but this precision will be last a few years, then you will have to lead it to fitting, simply to gain 3 or 4 seconds less than Doxa...

personally I think that the doxa is more exclusive, because it is more difficult to see, and is a watch that does´t have many people ... omegas there are many .... but also you must choose according to your pleasures...

regards.
    Last edited by cestommek; November 13th, 2007 at 00:21. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by jstawasz View Post
    The 5000 has a better movement
    You'r kidding?

Get the Super Shark. I did.

I have owned the Plant Ocean (yawn). In my opinion, it's boring and it's just another submariner wanta be. Not to mention over priced but they have to pay those golfer's, swimmers and race car drivers somehow right?

The Super Shark is thee watch!

The Doxa has a better movement? Ok, this IS the Doxa forum afterall but let's get real here. I will post pics, I've got a PO and also a 5000T Shark coming. I like them both but for entirely different reasons. My Doxa Pro is worn at very different times than the PO which, unlike my doxas, has never seen water and never will. And I have to admit, I've had many comments on the PO - it is a very nice looking watch on both the bracelet and the rubber. If I could only have one....that's a tough one, at this point I'd say the PO. But I haven't seen the 5000T in the flesh yet, so we'll see. But better movement...c'mon now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information