Please convince me about Doxa Customer Service?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please convince me about Doxa Customer Service?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help!

Unfortunately I recently had a poor customer experience with the 50th Anniversary Doxa Sub which really turned me off the brand and led me to flip the watch at a loss with seals intact. This came after 8 months waiting for the watch on pre-order

After waiting this long for my first Doxa part of me still regrets doing this but I was concerned about happens if there was a problem with the watch under Warranty and when the watch needs a service.

I appreciate that it can be harder for a brand without AD's or international service network to manage customer service. However, Christopher Ward, Timefactors and even an eBay only brand like Kemmner have all performed extremely well in my experience and at a far lower price point.

Please could I ask long-term Doxa customers / fans for their positive experiences with Doxa customer service as I still really like the look and history of the Doxa Sub?

I guess that what I'm actually looking for is an excuse to buy another as the look and finish of the 50th Anniversary Sub Pro was excellent whilst the size would make it a great daily wearer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Please convince me about Doxa Customer Service?

If you are asking, then I think you already know your answer... Speaking frankly, don't be ruled by your fears. If this watch is calling to you, and pursuing it doesn't put you or loved ones in peril, then go for it. I LOVE mine, and if for some reason things turn to the negtive then I'll handle it at the time. I've had good and bad responsiveness from their customer service. In the end, I'm glad it worked out for me to still get the watch I, like you, waited a long time for.

This was a pretty big deal for this small company. I'd cut them some slack and give them another chance. If they fail you twice, then in my book, you'd be justified in however you feel or act. If it is a one off, it would be a shame to hold on to that.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

S
    Last edited by sstarbuck68; January 15th, 2017 at 21:49.

Yeah I wouldn't sweat it personally
    I own a 1200t and love it never had any dealings with doxa and because it's a eta movement I'd just get it serviced locally if needed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by sstarbuck68 View Post
    If you are asking, then I think you already know your answer... Speaking frankly, don't be ruled by your fears. If this watch is calling to you, and pursuing it doesn't put you or loved ones in peril, then go for it. I LOVE mine, and if for some reason things turn to the negtive then I'll handle it at the time. I've had good and bad responsiveness from their customer service. In the end, I'm glad it worked out for me to still get the watch I, like you, waited a long time for.

This was a pretty big deal for this small company. I'd cut them some slack and give them another chance. If they fail you twice, then in my book, you'd be justified in however you feel or act. If it is a one off, it would be a shame to hold on to that.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

S
    I agree with this. I've only had great experiences with Doxa Customer Service. But, that was some years ago and things can change. They are great watches, and if you like them you should buy one. Customer service is a tricky thing. I've had horrible customer service from companies I really like before, too - I try not to let it dissuade me from buying something. The joy of owning it will likely offset any temporary frustration.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

I have owned and loved a 1500 for over a year now. New releases, like a friend's 6000 do take some time to ship.
    I really don't know what your ISSUE was?
    The time it took to get your watch?
    These are solid watches, and the warrantee is for two years.
    To flip it at a loss, without wearing it doesn't make sense to me, but I have the one I truely wanted, and you couldn't buy mine from me for a friggin Rolex!

Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

You mentioned a few brands in your post as if they were void of customer service issues. I can assure you this is not the case.
    Doug507 likes this.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

I just recently submitted a post regarding DOXA's excellent customer service on this forum

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/tha...t35865586.html
    Last edited by kgtardiff; January 16th, 2017 at 18:17.
    adg31 likes this.
    Cartier Pasha de Cartier XL GMT | 18k Franck Muller Cintree Curvex 2852 Chronometro | IWC Aquatimer Automatic 2000 Ref. 3568-06, Big Pilot Ref. IW500912, & Ingenieur Climate Action Ref. IW323402 | Panerai PAM00372

Quote Originally Posted by kgtardiff View Post
    I just recently submitted a post regarding DOXA's excellent customer service on this forum

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/tha...t35865586.html
    Thanks for this, it's great to hear positive feedback for the Doxa service team
    Im glad that it worked out so well for you with your Doxa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought loads (and I mean dozens of Doxa's)...used and new. Andy at Doxa has always taken care of me and I wouldn't hesitate to buy (yet) another.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    I have owned and loved a 1500 for over a year now. New releases, like a friend's 6000 do take some time to ship.
    I really don't know what your ISSUE was?
    The time it took to get your watch?
    These are solid watches, and the warrantee is for two years.
    To flip it at a loss, without wearing it doesn't make sense to me, but I have the one I truely wanted, and you couldn't buy mine from me for a friggin Rolex!
    Hi Diogenes, unfortunately it was more a collection of issues with their customer service team rather than any one incident that did it for me. Certainly the time taken to receive the watch was never an issue as that was made clear up front.
    My concern was more along the lines of if this is how Doxa customer service is managed I may as well flip now whilst it's going to get the best price rather than lose even more later - which I agree is something of a choice between bad and worse!
    I'm genuinely pleased that you like your Doxa and hope you wear it in good health for many years.
    PS: Don't worry, I won't be offering you a swap against any of my friggin Rolex any time soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; January 16th, 2017 at 22:41.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information