Polish the "Beads"? ..or leave em alone!

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new BOR bracelet?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Polish the Beads

23 54.76%
  • Leave em Alone

19 45.24%

Thread: Polish the "Beads"? ..or leave em alone!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish the "Beads"? ..or leave em alone!

Okay.. this is not one of those "what should I do?" posts. This is probably gonna happen as soon as I can bear to have this thing off my wrist for few hours.

But, I am curious about the concensus on the forum.

If carefully done, do you view polished "beads" on the new BOR bracelet as an improvement... or a desecration!

?

Banned

Re: Polish the "Beads"? ..or leave em alone!

IMO, any polished stuff detracts from a dive watch. I've been known to brush finish polished surfaces on my watches because I think it looks more rugged. The only one I haven't done it to was my Tissot because it's just a big hunk of gleaming metal and I think it would change the feel of the watch too much.

You can't appreciate how good the Polished beads look until you have seen them. Scottie's 600T DS that he just sold looked GREAT with the Polished beads. I plan to Polish my 750T Pro's beads when I get a Roundtuit. The subtle difference between polished or unpolished is in no way a desecration

I SAY POLISH!!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Polish...........

Looks far better.

Pete

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

If carefully done, do you view polished "beads" on the new BOR bracelet as an improvement... or a desecration!
    Neither. Simply a choice! Hey, it's your watch, you want to do it, so go for it! I do think it looks good, but so far have avoided doing mine, as I feel a dive watch shouldn't nec. be shiny/flashy (don't want those barracuda thinking my hand is dinner!). And the 600T that came that way also had a more rounded, more recessed profile, making them look more like real rice beads (what I'd really like!).

That said, those I've seen done here look great, and do in fact take on more of a "real" rice bead appearance.

Side note: Jason, a Doxa was sold within spitting distance of you, and you didn't buy it?
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Side note: Jason, a Doxa was sold within spitting distance of you, and you didn't buy it?
    I know, I know.......Honestly, with the exception of the vintage pieces, I am just not too keen on the smaller size of the 600T or the 1000T. With that said.........

One thing that I really did like about Scottie's DS besides the polished beads--I liked the 20mm Bracelet on the 42mm Case. For the 750T case, it is 2mm wider (case width 44.7mm), but the bracelet only increased by 1mm (21mm Bracelet). So......The bracelet is wider in relation to the case for the 600T vs the 750T. Does that make sense?? I guess what I am trying to say is that the case width of the 750T might do better with a 22mm bracelet. Maybe I am just splitting hairs.........And I am not saying that I do not love my Doxas with the GMT bracelets. Just wondering if they are going to come out with something new in the 750T size.........

Sorry...............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I've never seen a 600T in person, so I absolutely can't say whether I like or dislike the polished beads. From what I've seen in pictures, they look pretty good.

My only bracelet reference is for a 750T, and I really like the satin beads. It's cool to have brushed, polished and satin...all on the same watch.

For me (as far as bracelets go), I'll just keep things the way they came from DOXA. If I were to get a 600T, I'll leave 'em polished...750T or 1000T, I'll leave 'em satin.

Now if it comes to changing hands, I'll customize one in a second. I'd love to have a 750T Divingstar w/ an orange hand and a 750T Searambler w/ all black hands. Hmmmm...blacked out Searambler on a gray NATO strap.

Maybe I should buy both and do a little swapping around.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

For me polished is the way to go. My wife hates the polished look.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...polished+beads

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post

Interesting how your "poll" turned out. I would have thought that it might have been more one-sided with polished winning the poll........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post

Well DURN Mark! I shoulda done a little looking around before I posted. Didn't mean to rehash an old issue!

Wouldn't even consider polishing if I was actually going to get this one wet. Not gonna go fins up wearing a barracuda lure! Got plenty of nice beaters to ding up on boat rails & sand.

Wouldn't consider it if vintage Doxa's didn't have polished "beads". But they did.. and it looks good on a "Dressy Diver". JMHO!

Surprised to see opinion split so cleanly. Actually expected to get flamed by the "purists". (especially since I'm such a hard-line purist with old cars, old Fender guitars & amps, old weapons, etc.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information