Poseidon 300T - Disappointment with fit
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Poseidon 300T - Disappointment with fit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    GDI

Poseidon 300T - Disappointment with fit

I really love the looks of this watch, the yellow dial is spectacular, as is the bracelet and the dial logo. I thought it would be the perfect addition to my Doxa set with my 800ti and 1500t PA II. But I keep thinking it is a little too small for my 8.5 " wrist. I ran into this with my 50th Anniversary Sub 300, and sold it soon after buying it.

Any other big wristed guys pulling it off with this watch? If so please show a wrist shot if you have one. In the mean time I may see if I can work a trade for a old 750T, though I guess they are hard to come by!

thanks

Re: Poseidon 300T - Disappointment with fit

I tend not to pull it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Des2471 and nepatriot like this.
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

GDI

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Day View Post
    I tend not to pull it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ok - I guess I asked for that!
    Des2471 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    I really love the looks of this watch, the yellow dial is spectacular, as is the bracelet and the dial logo. I thought it would be the perfect addition to my Doxa set with my 800ti and 1500t PA II. But I keep thinking it is a little too small for my 8.5 " wrist. I ran into this with my 50th Anniversary Sub 300, and sold it soon after buying it.

Any other big wristed guys pulling it off with this watch? If so please show a wrist shot if you have one. In the mean time I may see if I can work a trade for a old 750T, though I guess they are hard to come by!

thanks
    That one uses the same case as the 1200, right? If so, that's the same size (lug to lug) as the 300 Anniversary. So if the 50th was too small for you, the Poseidon would also be too small.

Nice watch, would fit me, but I didn't go for it. Figure a Shark and Orange in that style are enough.

No comment on the "pulling off" thing.... I had an Australian boss once, learned some of the slang, but not that one ;)

Quote Originally Posted by nepatriot View Post
    That one uses the same case as the 1200, right? If so, that's the same size (lug to lug) as the 300 Anniversary. So if the 50th was too small for you, the Poseidon would also be too small.
    FWIW, I found that the 1200 fit much larger than the 300 anniversary. Combination of being a taller case and the flat crystal perhaps. 1200 was never comfortable, too big for me, 300 is perfect. Maybe 1200 would work for you.

I have both a 300 Pro BL and 1200 turquoise NUMA and feel the 1200 gives the impression of being larger due to its bigger dial size and flat crystal.

In the end if you perceive the watch to be too small then it's probably too small for you.

GDI

Quote Originally Posted by nepatriot View Post

Nice watch, would fit me, but I didn't go for it. Figure a Shark and Orange in that style are enough.

No comment on the "pulling off" thing.... I had an Australian boss once, learned some of the slang, but not that one ;)

I think the Poseidon is the same size as the 1200T, and both are a bit bigger in case diameter, dial and height. i found the tiny dial on the Sub 300 to be the most problematic.

GDI

It definitely feels larger than the 300 Pro, and just on the edge of acceptable. I think I would have been good with it prior to the 1500T or 800TI, after all I still wear my 40mm Submariner without much problem....

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    ...In the mean time I may see if I can work a trade for a old 750T...
    The 750s hit the sweet spot when it comes to size IMO. I wish that case size would be reintroduced. I do like the 1500 cases too, but only for the times when one wants to wear a big, heavy, chunky diver.
    Current Lineup: Breitling Galactic Unitime Sleek T
    Breitling Avenger II Chronograph Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph
    Ball Engineer II Chronometer Red Label 43mm Ball Engineer III CarboLIGHT 43mm
    Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E
    LUM-TEC Super Combat B4 LUM-TEC M25 Tungsten
    Deep Blue Master 2000 Casio G-Shock Full Metal GMW-B 5000 D-1

Unless you have the wrist size of Andre the Giant, I don't see why it won't work for you. Why don't you post a picture of the watch on your wrist?
    What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information