Praise for the 600s

Thread: Praise for the 600s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kev

Praise for the 600s

I’ve owned a bunch of different Doxas and I’ve found my ‘tastes’ have changes a lot over the last few years. Recently, I rediscovered the old 600 line and become a huge fan. The Divingstar, in particular, has become my ‘current’ favorite Doxa. I love the color, the clean dial, the logo, the thinner bezel, and domed crystal. It sits perfectly on my wrist. To that point, I am 6 ft, 210 lbs, and have 7.5 wrists and the 600 wears like it was made for my wrist. I cut a Sharkhunter 600 loose once and now am seriously considering picking one back up.

I’m really not sure how I got here. I once thought the 750 was a bit small. I think having owned a couple of vintage 300Ts my perspective changed. Perhaps I’ll change my mind again, but for now. . . nothing beats a 600.

Here is a photo of my new favorite Doxa - the Divingstar 600 as well as the rest of my Doxa line up.

Kev.

Re: Praise for the 600s

Kev

The 600T is the most sublime combination of design proportions ever put together in a modern Doxa...just my opinion..... For me, in many ways it's just a perfect watch: the slightly bent handset, the markers on the dial, the shallower caseback, the elegant domed crystal which is much more optically correct and intersting than the one on the 1000T....it is a nearly perfect design, I agree....Never been lucky enough with timing or $$ to own a Divingstar, but that is the prize. Lucky you....

Now go get that Sharkie back

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Kev

"Get the Sharkie back"

I might just do that Liz! Thanks for the photos.

I've been chanting "the 750 is the perfect Doxa" for 3 years now. I feel a bit scitzo, but I'm a 600 convert. "Sublime" is an excellent description of the 600.

Kev.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    "Get the Sharkie back"

I might just do that Liz! Thanks for the photos.

I've been chanting "the 750 is the perfect Doxa" for 3 years now. I feel a bit scitzo, but I'm a 600 convert. "Sublime" is an excellent description of the 600.

Kev.
    I also like the robust 60-click bezel of the 600Ts. It is a great watch. I shouldn't have sold my 600T DS
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I finally broke down and got a 1000T Mil to go with my 600T DP (I just love that Dirk Pitt on the dial). The 600 is one of my most comfortable watches, and I was surprised to see how much the 1000 looks and feels like it.

I'm trying to get used to the shiny black look. For some reason, I have this urge to blast it to see what happens.
    DW

the most comfortable of all reeditions, perfect in design & size, very balanced

Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Beautiful shots, all!

The 600T is my favorite modern edition, too. I do have some vintage SUBs, but I personally prefer not to put them at risk on a dive ... I prefer to use the modern SUBs for diving with the easy availability of seals/rings as well as newer lume and any potential flooding/loss being less traumatic.

The size and weight are a better fit for me than the 750T, and I find the shallower/flatter caseback is more comfortable on my bony wrist than the caseback of the 1000T.

--Keith

I also love my 600ts My favorite being the pro followed by the divingstar then the shark. I have a 600tgraph pro and love it, but it is a little heavy. Anyone out there have an opinion of how you feel about the 5000t compared to the 600t

Seems a bit of a common thread here with the smallish size of the 600 series being more acceptable to most. I had the 600T Pro and the 750 Mil Sharkie and the one i miss the most is the 600. No one does orange like Doxa. Traded the 600T for a UTS 500m which I really like but i will get another 600! It just felt right on my wrist.

paul

ps: I kept my autographed copy of Dr Pete's book just in case! lol
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by rer1745v View Post
    I also love my 600ts My favorite being the pro followed by the divingstar then the shark. I have a 600tgraph pro and love it, but it is a little heavy. Anyone out there have an opinion of how you feel about the 5000t compared to the 600t

Sounds like someone's been lurking here awhile? Maybe not, but you've got quite a collection going there.

Either way, Welcome to the Doxa Forum!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information