I found this Pro at an NAWCC event in Del Mar last October. It looked pretty rough. The second hand was missing and there was a pretty bad gouge on the crown side. The crystal was original, but had some deep scratches that had me thinking twice. In the end, I just felt sorry for this little orange guy. I really was on the hunt for another Sharkhunter, they are my favs, but I couldn't say no to an affordable project piece.
Sorry...lost the battle with flipping and uploading.
I mentioned earlier that the crystal was an item of contention. I remember someone mentioning cerium oxide to polish glass crystals sometime back, so I figured I'd give it a try. It was messy business. A dremel/rotary tool spinning at 15,000 rpm while you drip a pink milky substance on the crystal was an experience to say the least. It worked, though.
I cleaned and relumed the dial and hands. I had a spare second hand from the set I bought from Squale to fix my Aubry 600T. The repair guy said he could make the hand fit even if it was too big. It's white, but I thought to leave it as such as a reminder of what was added/replaced.
The bezel was tough to clean up. It was pretty rough. I did the best I could without polishing the No-Deco stamping to oblivion. I relumed the bezel too.
I filed down some 750T endlinks to 20mm. They mate the spare bracelet to the case, but they don't stay against the case as well as I hoped. They swing to and fro too much. So I'm on the hunt for 600T endlinks. The bracelet is the older non-individual rice bead that came on the 600Ts a decade or so ago. This combo worked nicely with my Synchron Sharkhunter. For now, I've got it on a tropic strap.
This old orange dog is keeping wonderful time. It was a more difficult process than I thought it would be. For example, the crown was a royal pain to find. I didn't think finding one to fit the tube was going to be such a quest. It's a good thing I'm patient.