Prefered form of shipping for Doxa Service?

Thread: Prefered form of shipping for Doxa Service?

Prefered form of shipping for Doxa Service?

I have to send my watch back to doxa for some repair. They've sent me their shipping account number. I've read on the forum that they do not wan't you to ship the watch inside the tube. Is there a prefered form of packaging the watch for shipping to doxa for service?

should I put it in an old watch box and ship that? I'm just hesitant to wrap it in bubble wrap and send it in a little box, since shippers have a bad habit of crushing boxes.

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Prefered form of shipping for Doxa Service?

I'd bubble wrap it and send it via Global Express Mail (EMS). I've always had good luck using that service and it will be delivered in 3-5 days from the US. You can also use an old hardshell glass case or buy one cheap at Wal-Mart, etc for added protection.
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Tried to post this last night, just as the web server started having problems, but here goes.

I would not use the tube. Ship in a hard case, eyeglass case, or if just the watch head, a small jewelry box i.e. Earring or bracelet box. Make sure its secured inside. bubble wrap it with one layer, then inside the box, tape the box closed, then pack it in a cardboard box with bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Although some folks do it, I never ever send a watch inside a pouch or mailer envelope

From the USA, Global Express or Global Priority depending on how fast you want it to get to Switzerland. Registered, will be sealed in a taped box, Global Express will be in a sealed tamper proof bag. Insure for full value. Insurance above 50.00 USD will include tracking. The "delivery confirmation" option will not track, only tell you when it is signed for on Delivery.

I send watches to a watchmaker in Canada for repair frequently. He told me to prevent customs hassles, always print on the customs form. "Broken watch for repair and return to sender" Never had a problem and Canadian customs scrutinize every watch coming into Canada very closely. Also when he returns the watch, he encloses a copy of the original customs form in the package as well as declaring it as "Broken watch, repaired, returning to owner" Also, you cannot insure for less than declared value with USPS. So you cannot insure your Doxa for 1500.00 USD and declare it as a 100 dollar watch. Declerations must match or exceed insured value.

Ship Smart, lots less headaches down the road.

Hope this helps.
    Arthur
    Last edited by Arthur; February 22nd, 2006 at 15:51.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a great post. I'm sending my 300T Sharkhunter Reissue in for service and will be packing it up today.

I'll pack it in an old eyeglass case, then pack it in bubble wrap, inside a small box. I'll mail it USPS... I'm still not sure how much to insure it for. I think I'll put $599.00 unless someone else suggests something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B
    This is a great post. I'm sending my 300T Sharkhunter Reissue in for service and will be packing it up today.

I'll pack it in an old eyeglass case, then pack it in bubble wrap, inside a small box. I'll mail it USPS... I'm still not sure how much to insure it for. I think I'll put $599.00 unless someone else suggests something else.
    How much is it worth to you if it is lost ,pilfered or destroyed in transit? If you are the type of person who has enough disposable income to make up the difference, you could insure for a smaller amount, but if your's is that one in a Blue moon scenario, and the watch gets lost, you are only going to get the amount that you insured it for. What's your comfort zone?

I just saw on the news a day or two ago that the airlines lose and aastonishing 10,000 bags per day!! If that is the case, how many packages/letters does USPS lose?
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

I hear ya. I'll insure it for exactly what I paid for it.

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

I always insure for the full value, but be aware that you must show proof of the value to collect (a receipt, etc) if you make a claim.

bubble wrap

and a little bit of luv..That will get your Doxa back in time...

Thread Information