price range for used sub?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: price range for used sub?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

price range for used sub?

Hello everyone,
    I am sure this has been asked many times on here but since the prices of Doxa's seem to have gone up in the last years, I wanted to see how much was a fair price for a sub these days? I am on watchrecon everyday checking those out and they are all in the $1300-1500 range. Given the 1200t brand new is about $1800, used prices seem to be higher than most other brands (sinn, hamilton, omega etc).
    Cheers!
    Last edited by watchuseektom; February 22nd, 2016 at 19:54.

Re: price range for used sub?

Back in 08-12 you could get the 1000's and rough 750's for under 1k. I have had 3 at or under 1k

Not many of used reissued Doxas out there (that I've seen) for less that $1k, unless they're REALLY used. Maybe without the original bracelet/tube, etc. And just because a watch is listed at a price doesn't mean it's actually sold or will sell. This is where ebay comes in as a reference of what has actually been sold with a selling price and photos.

Vintage Doxa SUBs can sometimes be found in that price range, but again, probably without the BOR bracelet or other parts or are in rough to non-working condition. Those, to me, are not desirable. Kind of a "you-get-what-you-paid-for-it" situation. Sometimes saving a couple of hundred bucks doesn't pay off, and a watch at a bit higher price point should give you something ready to wear and enjoy. Good ol' Mario1985 has been picking up some really nice vintage Doxas lately, but I'll bet he's given a good price to the seller in return for a nice watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is there a renewed interest in Doxa, both newer and vintage? Are factory prices up?Whatís driving the price increase?

Itís been a while since Iíve had one, but Iím beginning to look around again and think it would be nice to pick up a vintage one, which I think would always do better value-wise in the long run

Orange face is correct, when he says you get what you pay for! The one I got a good deal on needed a relume and crystal replacement, yes I saved upfront, but still had to put money I to it...the cheapest deal I've gotten came on my most recent purchase and looks to need only a relume.

Orange face is correct, when he says you get what you pay for! The one I got a good deal on needed a relume and crystal replacement, yes I saved upfront, but still had to put money I to it...the cheapest deal I've gotten came on my most recent purchase and looks to need only a relume.

Monkeynuts likes this.

If you use the info in the "sticky" on the Doxa forum, factory prices are discounted on current inventory. Very good pricing on really nice watches. Doubt it will last much longer.

And I doubt vintage prices will go down on good examples. Just ain't makin' them no more!
    Michael
    Doxa SUB 750T Searambler #110/5000 ∑ Doxa SUB 1200T Caribbean #23/1200 ∑ Aqua Lung for U.S. Divers Quartz by Doxa: 1 ea Orange and Silver/Gold
    Rolex GMT Master II M Series/Stick/3186/16710BLRO Pepsi
    Rolex S/S Submariner 1 ea U-series "Swiss Only" Date + No Date
    Seiko Black Dial Pepsi Diver
    + various others buried in the depths of the watch box

RECENTLY SOLD:
    Doxa SUB 300T Pro, Searamber & Sharkhunter ∑ 50th Anniversary Doxa SUB 300 Sharkhunter #53/300
    Doxa SUB 600T Sharkhunter #55/3000v∑ Doxa SUB 1000T Professional #551/5000
    Doxa SUB 1200T NUMA Turquoise #37/50

Quote Originally Posted by Mario1985 View Post

wouldnt touch the lume looks perfect as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    wouldnt touch the lume looks perfect as it is
    It might look good the way it is but maybe doesn't light up the way it suppose to be?

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

to me this thread is inappropriate to this open forum. we all have access to the new price list from DOXA, and a deal for a used watch is a private matter between the buyer and seller. not a knock on anyone here, but i think it's in poor taste to discuss such things as one's salary or how much they bought their used luxury item out in the open. it can lead to discontent and unease among the rest of the natives on the island; in my opinion. i say be informed about what the market for used items looks like and keep negotiations between parties behind closed doors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information