Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

Thread: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    I saw a post recently about prices going down on secondary market Doxas. I don't think this is the case after seeing what I believe to be the HIGHEST SELLING SEAHUNTER DS YET!!

    click HERE

    Although it does seem that the secondary market is a little flooded at the moment. What does a person expect? Doxa has just announced the release of the Ultimate Doxa
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central FL, USA
    Posts
    1,285

    Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Hey Jason .... the winner of that DS is one of own own ... I'll shut up now ....

    Of course prices are on the rise .... with the move to retail, and the quality of the watches themselves, that was bound to happen. Get 'em now folks, before they move to the stratosphere ........

    Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.


    A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

  3. #3
    Member JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    I think prices going down on pre-owned Doxas is wishful thinking!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    1,366

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Wow strong price - i sold that exact watch to the USA 2 years ago for $1800 which at the time was very good, i paid $1225 for it from the USA about 6 months before that!!!

    Congrats to the buyer

    David.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    655

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Cheers to the buyer. As I said b4 I only paid about $1200 for mine about 2 years ago. If the prices remain high it's a good return on the investment.
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

  7. #6
    Member Arthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Natchez, MS USA
    Posts
    2,182

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    All I can say guys is everything that goes up at some time will come back down. look at the Stock market, the US housing market and any group of collectibles over a period of time. the main thing is the trend. as long as prices are trending up, there WILL be times when they drop.

    I can just about guarantee that over the next couple of years, prices of lots of "non-essentials" are going to come under considerable pressure. When you have all the negative news, the ability to use your appreciating home as an ATM is pretty much a thing of the past, The US stock market is down today almost 1000 points from it's high of just a few months ago. Businesses are laying off employees right and left, and HORRORS, the wall Street firms are predicting reduced bonuses almost across the board.

    The only bright spot in this scenario, is a US seller, selling to someone in the UK or EU. the buyer in the EU who buys a 2200.00 USD Divingstar is essenially paying about the same in US dollars today as for the same watch for 1800.00 USD a year or two ago.

    My feelings are the really scarce, collectible watches, such as this Divingstar xx/100, Editions of 250 or less,etc. will be more prone to at least hold their value. The watches that are basically open stock (which I consider an edition of 5000 to be) may very well experience some softness. There are always going to be buyers for really high quality collectibles, of course the selling price may not be as high as the seller expects, but over time, the piece will sell. the only caveat to this would be a situation where we get into a really deep recession worldwide. No matter where you live or where you work, your first priorities are going to be shelter, food and the necessities of life. Should we enter a really deep recession, then all bets are off. Look back in history to the 1927 Crash, the 1987 Crash and the Dot com bubble in 2000. I would bet that for a time after each of these events, expensive "non-essentials" were a really hard sell.

    Just my Dos Centavos
    Arthur
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

    Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

  8. #7
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    Hey Jason .... the winner of that DS is one of own own ... I'll shut up now ....

    Of course prices are on the rise .... with the move to retail, and the quality of the watches themselves, that was bound to happen. Get 'em now folks, before they move to the stratosphere ........

    Cheers!
    Bill
    Bill, I think you said that the buyer was "one of our own", but I am not sure. Do not misunderstand me, I am not knocking ANYONE for paying premium dollar for that watch. There were only 100 made, and if you want one it is commanding a higher price than almost anything out there. Scottie had one and I have to say, it was a masterpiece. Great Lume, kinda liked the dome, yellow looked good, and I LOVE any type of LOGO. (DOXA, IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER LOGO WATCH)

    My point has been brought out by GraniteQuarry and several other posters........These Doxas are getting top dollar compared to a couple years ago, OR EVEN 6 MONTHS AGO
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  9. #8
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    All I can say guys is everything that goes up at some time will come back down. look at the Stock market, the US housing market and any group of collectibles over a period of time. the main thing is the trend. as long as prices are trending up, there WILL be times when they drop.

    I can just about guarantee that over the next couple of years, prices of lots of "non-essentials" are going to come under considerable pressure. When you have all the negative news, the ability to use your appreciating home as an ATM is pretty much a thing of the past, The US stock market is down today almost 1000 points from it's high of just a few months ago. Businesses are laying off employees right and left, and HORRORS, the wall Street firms are predicting reduced bonuses almost across the board.

    The only bright spot in this scenario, is a US seller, selling to someone in the UK or EU. the buyer in the EU who buys a 2200.00 USD Divingstar is essenially paying about the same in US dollars today as for the same watch for 1800.00 USD a year or two ago.

    My feelings are the really scarce, collectible watches, such as this Divingstar xx/100, Editions of 250 or less,etc. will be more prone to at least hold their value. The watches that are basically open stock (which I consider an edition of 5000 to be) may very well experience some softness. There are always going to be buyers for really high quality collectibles, of course the selling price may not be as high as the seller expects, but over time, the piece will sell. the only caveat to this would be a situation where we get into a really deep recession worldwide. No matter where you live or where you work, your first priorities are going to be shelter, food and the necessities of life. Should we enter a really deep recession, then all bets are off. Look back in history to the 1927 Crash, the 1987 Crash and the Dot com bubble in 2000. I would bet that for a time after each of these events, expensive "non-essentials" were a really hard sell.

    Just my Dos Centavos
    Arthur
    Good analysis Arthur, and THANKS for reminding me what a hit I have taken in the stock market over the last week

    (A little off-topic.......BUT.....) One of the Gynecologists I work with (I know, I know.....Why would I listen to a mechanic that does an engine overhaul through the tailpipe) talked me into buying some WiMax stock about 3 weeks ago. He had me convinced we would be RICH beyond our wildest dreams by 2009. I put a considerable sum of money into it (although it would not break the bank for some of you) and have lost my a$$ this week.........

    Oh well, easy come.......easy go..........

    The watches are looking like a pretty sound investment to me right now:oops::oops::oops:

    SORRY..........
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  10. #9
    Member Frogman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    364

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    (A little off-topic.......BUT.....) One of the Gynecologists I work with (I know, I know.....Why would I listen to a mechanic that does an engine overhaul through the tailpipe)
    Tailpipe? Jason - aren't you describing a Proctologist?

    Cheers,

    Avi


    "Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

  11. #10
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Prices Going Down??!!! A NEW RECORD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    Tailpipe? Jason - aren't you describing a Proctologist?

    Cheers,

    Avi
    I can't take credit. Common joke in the medical field (at least I have heard it several times.........)
    Best Regards,
    Jason





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •