Prices going up??

Thread: Prices going up??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prices going up??

Has anyone noticed the prices of the used Doxas going up? Look at this one......

Click HERE

While that is a fine Doxa, just a couple months ago it would have sold for ~$1000. And how about Arthur's T-Graph? (For sale on Fleabay right now) Just about 6 weeks ago to 2 months ago there were about 4-5 T-Graphs for sale all for about $1800. Plus, Arthur's has a ding right in the side of the case. I am not trying to put down any of the Doxas for sale right now. In fact, I am very pleased (As the rest of you should be) that Doxas are really starting to keep their value

Anyone who doesn't believe this move to retail will work is witnessing the first step happening right before their eyes...........................

just my
    Last edited by Jason71; August 8th, 2007 at 05:53.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Prices going up??

Maybe so- looks like a couple hundred per piece, from the ones I have seen.
    But this morning found a Caribbean on TZ for $1550. That
    seemed reasonable. Described as 95%, no pics.
    Mike (aka Sleeper)
    Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand
    Doxa SUB750T Professional GMT 0309/1000
    Doxa SUB750T SeaRambler 1158/5000

I've noticed there seems to be at least $200 on top of most models now. Even more on rare ones.
    Alasdair

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have noticed that for sure. I guess it's great fro us unless you want to buy another one or a used one.....I guess that includes most of us.

I've noticed an increase in prices as well which I think may also be attributeable to Dr. Millar's comprehensive Doxa book. Definately a required purchase if not already done so!! Personally, when I found Doxa last year I liked their modest anonymity when compared to larger watch producers. The watch for the money was unparalleled. Now, some DOXAS are becoming close to being as expensive as many other dive watches. I don't get the price increase for vintage models and am sure it will taper off eventually. Google some vintage models and they sold for half of what they are selling for now just a few years ago.
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottoLaw View Post
    I've noticed an increase in prices as well which I think may also be attributeable to Dr. Millar's comprehensive Doxa book. Definately a required purchase if not already done so!! Personally, when I found Doxa last year I liked their modest anonymity when compared to larger watch producers. The watch for the money was unparalleled. Now, some DOXAS are becoming close to being as expensive as many other dive watches. I don't get the price increase for vintage models and am sure it will taper off eventually. Google some vintage models and they sold for half of what they are selling for now just a few years ago.
    It is true about the vintage prices. I wonder though if prices for those might keep increasing They aren't making any more of them and while Doxa gains popularity I think all the prices of the difficult-to-obtain will increase. Heck, I coulda bought a Seahunter like the one Alasdair just got for around $1500 just 4 months ago. Now, you don't even see them for sale. If you do see one, they are asking $1800+ for a scratched up one.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Even the lowly T-Graph Pro is creeping up there.
    Remember that Doxa is keeping prices down for the previous buyers for quite a while.
    You can't get any more reasonable than that.
    It does seem like the Doxa "family" is growing.
    Starting to see new members and, hopefully, Doxa is realizing an increase in sales.
    I imagine it is a slow process to go into the retail market.
    I remember saying that I would never pay $3.00 for a gallon of gas.
    Sorry if I tick off any of the nay-sayers but the T-Graph, IMO, is worth every bit of $3,500.

Here's another one: a new 1000 Pro. Do you think this is one of the new authorized dealers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget

Bill

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weldon View Post
    Here's another one: a new 1000 Pro. Do you think this is one of the new authorized dealers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget

Bill
    Bill...I really doubt it. When I last communicated w/ DOXA, they were very firm on the position that ADs would not be allowed to sell on line.
    Last edited by subkrawler; August 9th, 2007 at 04:04. Reason: typing on an iphone
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

1st sign that someone is a true Doxaholic....

" Last edited by subkrawler : 42 Minutes Ago at 03:04. Reason: typing on an iphone"

Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information