Pro PVD, what would it look like?

Thread: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Posts
    117

    Confused Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    While it kind of kills the stealth aspect
    If anyone can photoshop this
    I would love to see what the pro face would look like on a pvd
    Merry Xmas
    Ticketgeorge

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    If you have Dr. Pete's book, Image 319 on page 253 is an actual watch done up that way.

    If you don't have Dr. Pete's book, I recommend spending some Christmas cash on a copy!

    --Keith

  3. #3
    Member T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)
    Posts
    11,832

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    I WISH I could remember who...... a bit over a year ago, I almost bought the byproduct (a Sharkhunter) from a forum member who had a Pro and a Milshark, and switched the innards. So he had a Pro in the PVD case, and put the Sharkhunter dial/hands/movement into a stainless case. He made me a VERY good offer, and I was so close! But I bought a used Sharkhunter on eBay the day after we'd looked at the possibility.

    Somehow, I have forgotten which forum member it was! I had saved the PM's we'd exchanged, but eventually cleared them accidentally when I needed space. He posted pics on the forum here, and they look terrific. But I've been unable to find the pics or the posts (there have been others, including a COSC if I recall). But if the member who did this reads this, PLEASE let me know it was you, I've racked my brain trying to remember! (This occurred aproximately Oct. '06).
    Regards, T Bone.

    ______________________
    "A decent man must have a decent watch." Albert Falco



    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,726

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I WISH I could remember who...... a bit over a year ago, I almost bought the byproduct (a Sharkhunter) from a forum member who had a Pro and a Milshark, and switched the innards. So he had a Pro in the PVD case, and put the Sharkhunter dial/hands/movement into a stainless case. He made me a VERY good offer, and I was so close! But I bought a used Sharkhunter on eBay the day after we'd looked at the possibility.

    Somehow, I have forgotten which forum member it was! I had saved the PM's we'd exchanged, but eventually cleared them accidentally when I needed space. He posted pics on the forum here, and they look terrific. But I've been unable to find the pics or the posts (there have been others, including a COSC if I recall). But if the member who did this reads this, PLEASE let me know it was you, I've racked my brain trying to remember! (This occurred aproximately Oct. '06).
    Here it is:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...=doxa+marriage
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

  6. #5
    Member T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)
    Posts
    11,832

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    Well, that's the COSC I mentioned. But not the one I almost bought the byproduct from (even mentioned David Woo in response to this post, as at one point I had it in my head he was the one.... but apparently that was incorrect too!).

    There were more pics, and they were on the PVD bracelet. So there've been more of these (at least two or three more I think) over time. Again, I bought my 750T Sharkhunter in aprox. Oct. '06, and the one I refer to was posted within days of that).
    Regards, T Bone.

    ______________________
    "A decent man must have a decent watch." Albert Falco



    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

  7. #6
    Member Ocala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    23

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticketgeorge View Post
    While it kind of kills the stealth aspect
    If anyone can photoshop this
    I would love to see what the pro face would look like on a pvd
    Merry Xmas
    Ticketgeorge
    I'd like to see that with PVD on the BEZEL ONLY! The one thing most striking to ME about the Milshark is how easy the numbers on the PVD bezel are to see against a PVD background.

    I understand that the steel bezel is sort of a signature to Doxa, and this would really change the look of the watch, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't look GOOD!

    I guess if the PVD is durable enough for the entire case, then the bezel should hold up well over time...

    I'd also like to see a 750 Sharkhunter with a PVD bezel.

    5000T while we're at it?

    I hope, as always, not to offend any purists with this post!


    Tony
    Experience is the thing you get just after you needed it!

  8. #7
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,726

    Re: Pro PVD, what would it look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocala View Post
    I'd like to see that with PVD on the BEZEL ONLY! The one thing most striking to ME about the Milshark is how easy the numbers on the PVD bezel are to see against a PVD background.

    I understand that the steel bezel is sort of a signature to Doxa, and this would really change the look of the watch, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't look GOOD!

    I guess if the PVD is durable enough for the entire case, then the bezel should hold up well over time...

    I'd also like to see a 750 Sharkhunter with a PVD bezel.

    5000T while we're at it?

    I hope, as always, not to offend any purists with this post!


    Tony
    Tony, I see that we're thinking alike. I proposed something similar and here's an excerpt from my original thread.

    Myself, I'd start with a 750T w/ a fully brushed case and a PVD bezel. I'd have installed a Sharkhunter dial w/ a black hour hand, white minute hand, and orange seconds hand. I'd keep the bracelet stock, except I'd request that the bracelet sides be brushed. Maybe not the prettiest, but this would be the ultimate underwater time keeping tool.

    Here's the link to the entire thread:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=98663

    As far as I know, all of the 750T cases have been used to build watches. There aren't anymore around for DOXA to do another limited series with. It sure would have been cool to have seen some built, and named something like the "Sharkhunter Specialist Edition"(Specshark).

    Maybe we can hope to see something more utilitarian built on the 5KT platform. The 750Ts are all but gone, so you'd think that something would be coming along to replace it.

    One other thing, don't ever worry about offending anyone by throwing out new ideas. That's what makes this forum strong, are the ideas and opinions that we all seem to have.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •