The Project AWARE DOXA SUB - 3 more days to Pre-Order

Thread: The Project AWARE DOXA SUB - 3 more days to Pre-Order

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Smile The Project AWARE DOXA SUB - 3 more days to Pre-Order

FYI -
    Pre-order period ends Sunday October 19th

Dear Forum members, DOXAHOLICS and friends,

We have been working on something very special here at DOXA for quite some time and now we are finally ready to tell everyone about it. DOXA and Project AWARE will be cooperating to produce a limited series release of 92 Project AWARE DOXA SUBs.

Yes, this will be a highly limited watch, will increase in value, will be much sought after, etc... But that really isn't the story here - although it doesn't hurt

No, the story here is Project AWARE Foundation and the important work that they are doing.

Project AWARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving underwater environments through education, advocacy and action. With headquarters in the United States and offices in Australia, Japan, Switzerland and United Kingdom, Project AWARE combats challenges facing aquatic resources in 175 countries and territories with direct support from divers and water enthusiasts worldwide.

Project AWARE and dedicated volunteers are committed to conservation initiatives including:

Underwater Cleanups and Marine Debris Prevention

Coral Reef Conservation, Monitoring and Data Collection

Shark Education, Reporting and Conservation

Improved Management Policies and Marine Protection Efforts

Environmental Training for Divers and Education Programs for Kids

For more information on Project AWARE, please visit them at:
    http://www.projectaware.org/english/..._americas.aspx

The Power of an Idea

Back in 1989, the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) hit upon the very heart of what would come to drive Project AWARE - know to many as "the AWARE philosophy" - Aquatic World Awareness, Responsibility and Education - to stress divers' roles in conserving these environments and create a group of effective environmental advocates.

John J. Cronin, the Founder of PADI was at the forefront of this movement, and the power of that idea lives on today.

A Watch that Gives Something Back

In recognition of the fantastic work that Project AWARE continues to do DOXA is proud to produce this special SUB. And to say thank you in our own small way, DOXA will be donating a percentage of every Project AWARE DOXA SUB sold to Project AWARE Foundation. 92 of these special watches will be made available for sale - in recognition of 1992, the year Project AWARE got rolling as a Non-Profit organization.

This is one of those rare opportunities as a watch collector where you can not only get a rare and limited watch, but you can also do something good!

The Project AWARE DOXA SUB will retail for $2,390.00 and we expect it to ship in November of this year, although this is an estimated delivery date and owing to any unforeseen production delays delivery might be up to 4 weeks beyond that estimated date. PLEASE - stay tuned to the DOXA Forum as we will be posting updates about this very special watch regularly.

RETURNING DOXA DIRECT CUSTOMERS may pre-order. If you are a RETURNING DOXA DIRECT CUSTOMER and you did NOT receive the newsletter, please give us a call at (877) 255 - 5017
    Again, to avoid ANY misunderstanding, initial pre-orders will only be accepted from returning DOXA Direct customers. If you are not sure whether or not you qualify as a Returning DOXA Direct customer, please contact us BEFORE you attempt to order.

Contact us via live chat:
    http://livechat.boldchat.com/aid/460...vi=&ve=&vp=&iq=

or the help desk at:

help (at) doxawatches.com

Project AWARE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit environmental organization working in partnership with divers and water enthusiasts to conserve underwater environments through education, advocacy and action

The Inventors of ORANGE -

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA Forum Administrator 1; November 13th, 2008 at 18:15. Reason: updating

Re: The Project AWARE DOXA SUB - a special watch for an important cause!

The DOXA timepiece speaks for itself.

Project AWARE is a worthy cause championing the sustainability of the aquatic environment.

I'm sure this will be a winner!

-luke

This is awesome. I think I can safely say that on behalf of the entire PADI Membership, thank you DOXA! You make way cool watches, and putting that together with the growing need to preserve the environment is a win-win.

BTW, I'd point out that self-wind watches don't have batteries that require special recycling to avoid putting heavy metals into the groundwater.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
    This is awesome. I think I can safely say that on behalf of the entire PADI Membership, thank you DOXA! You make way cool watches, and putting that together with the growing need to preserve the environment is a win-win.

<snip>
    Well said! As a PADI member, I agree completely!

--Keith

Any chance of a case-back photo ?

Kon-bahn-wah Tokyotokei-san - or as you read this - perhaps Ohayo!

Gohmenasai! Not yet! It uses the DOXA SUB 1000T Case back as this is the model that this special release is based upon.

Arigato Gozaimasu!

Now you've got me thinking, 750T pre-owned or the LE? Let me sleep on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyotokei View Post
    Any chance of a case-back photo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    <snip> It uses the DOXA SUB 1000T Case back as this is the model that this special release is based upon.

Arigato Gozaimasu!
    There is an excellent photo of a SUB 1000T caseback in Dr. Pete's excellent SUB 1000T review on his website: http://www.doxa300t.com/1000t/sub1000t.htm

Personally, I'm still hoping for a shallower/flatter caseback for the 1000T series as an option, since I agree with Dr. Pete that my beloved 600T's sit a little better on my boney wrist.

However, the difference in the casebacks did not deter me from adding yet another 1000T to my collection, this one speaks to me.

--Keith

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Dear Forum members, DOXAHOLICS and friends,

We have been working on something very special here at DOXA for quite some time and now we are finally ready to tell everyone about it. DOXA and Project AWARE will be cooperating to produce a limited series release of 92 Project AWARE DOXA SUBs.

To PRE-ORDER the Project AWARE DOXA SUB please use this link:

https://www.doxasub.com/Order/order.aspx?ID=138

IMPORTANT - Pre-orders are NON-REFUNDABLE

Yes, this will be a highly limited watch, will increase in value, will be much sought after, etc... But that really isn't the story here - although it doesn't hurt

No, the story here is Project AWARE Foundation and the important work that they are doing.

Project AWARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving underwater environments through education, advocacy and action. With headquarters in the United States and offices in Australia, Japan, Switzerland and United Kingdom, Project AWARE combats challenges facing aquatic resources in 175 countries and territories with direct support from divers and water enthusiasts worldwide.

Project AWARE and dedicated volunteers are committed to conservation initiatives including:

Underwater Cleanups and Marine Debris Prevention

Coral Reef Conservation, Monitoring and Data Collection

Shark Education, Reporting and Conservation

Improved Management Policies and Marine Protection Efforts

Environmental Training for Divers and Education Programs for Kids

For more information on Project AWARE, please visit them at:
    http://www.projectaware.org/english/..._americas.aspx

The Power of an Idea

Back in 1989, the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) hit upon the very heart of what would come to drive Project AWARE - know to many as "the AWARE philosophy" - Aquatic World Awareness, Responsibility and Education - to stress divers' roles in conserving these environments and create a group of effective environmental advocates.

John J. Cronin, the Founder of PADI was at the forefront of this movement, and the power of that idea lives on today.

A Watch that Gives Something Back

In recognition of the fantastic work that Project AWARE continues to do DOXA is proud to produce this special SUB. And to say thank you in our own small way, DOXA will be donating a percentage of every Project AWARE DOXA SUB sold to Project AWARE Foundation. 92 of these special watches will be made available for sale - in recognition of 1992, the year Project AWARE got rolling as a Non-Profit organization.

This is one of those rare opportunities as a watch collector where you can not only get a rare and limited watch, but you can also do something good!

The Project AWARE DOXA SUB will retail for $2,390.00 and we expect it to ship in November of this year, although this is an estimated delivery date and owing to any unforeseen production delays delivery might be up to 4 weeks beyond that estimated date. PLEASE - stay tuned to the DOXA Forum as we will be posting updates about this very special watch regularly.

RETURNING DOXA DIRECT CUSTOMERS may pre-order. If you are a RETURNING DOXA DIRECT CUSTOMER and you did NOT receive the newsletter, please give us a call at (877) 255 - 5017
    Again, to avoid ANY misunderstanding, initial pre-orders will only be accepted from returning DOXA Direct customers. If you are not sure whether or not you qualify as a Returning DOXA Direct customer, please contact us BEFORE you attempt to order.

Contact us via live chat:
    http://livechat.boldchat.com/aid/460...vi=&ve=&vp=&iq=

or the help desk at:

help (at) doxawatches.com

Project AWARE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit environmental organization working in partnership with divers and water enthusiasts to conserve underwater environments through education, advocacy and action

The Inventors of ORANGE -

DOXA
    Pre sale ends soon!

Thread Information