Pulling the trigger on a new 1000 Pro

Thread: Pulling the trigger on a new 1000 Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pulling the trigger on a new 1000 Pro

Well I know I should have done it some time ago, I was thinking of getting the 1000 Sharkie but the pro just seems sooo vintage looking and I love it, but I see that they are *Temporarily Unavailable* :( Does anyone know how long of a backorder they have I sent Doxa an e-mail but I know they are on vacation. I was also wondering if I order now do I still get that 1,490.00 price it still shows it on the site. Thanks Ed

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Pulling the trigger on a new 1000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ed66 View Post
    Well I know I should have done it some time ago, I was thinking of getting the 1000 Sharkie but the pro just seems sooo vintage looking and I love it, but I see that they are *Temporarily Unavailable* :( Does anyone know how long of a backorder they have I sent Doxa an e-mail but I know they are on vacation. I was also wondering if I order now do I still get that 1,490.00 price it still shows it on the site. Thanks Ed
    Ed,

According to this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=273311 They were back ordered until late June/early July.

I do know that sometimes it takes a while for them to update the website because they are so busy, so I'd try the "live chat" feature. You're likely to get Jim or Andy here in the US, and they'll be able to tell you everything.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thanks I did the live chat but it only went to email so I posted here. I will try in the am if not I guess I will pull the trigger. Thanks Ed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Thanks I did the live chat but it only went to email so I posted here. I will try in the am if not I guess I will pull the trigger. Thanks Ed
    Sometimes I've been able to get them late, but I guess it just depends on whether or not one of them feels like being on after-hours.

If you want one, I'd go ahead and pull the trigger. Ordering now will get you one faster than ordering later. Plus the longer you wait, the more chance you take of the sale ending and missing out on the deal.

If I weren't knee deep in necessary restoration/uprades to my boat, I'd be all over this Summer Sale. I'd have a 1000T in every color.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Ok I pulled the trigger I hope the wife don't catch this one :)

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Ok I pulled the trigger I hope the wife don't catch this one :)
    Good job, you're gonna love it! Now as to the wife catching it, hmm... bright orange, shiny steel... I'm thinkin' she might notice. You could always try the "this old thing? Had it for years. Just pulled it out of a drawer, I'd forgotten how much I liked it" bit.

And if you want to get word on how long it'll be before it ships, you could try the live chat during the day, or call Doxa USA on the phone.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I ordered a 5000 pro two weeks ago. I was going to get the 1000 but seems like I read on the website that it wouldn't be available till late this year. The 5000 didn't say *Temporarily Unavailable*. The more I looked at it the more I liked it, so I went for it. I read somewhere in this forum that DOXA was on vacation, so I called the toll free number. I didn't get his name, but the fella I talked to said DOXA is on a 5 week vacation (national holiday). They apparently make a guess at how many watches they will need, and have them shipped to Austria. With the sale they underestimated. He said DOXA will be back to work Aug. 11. I'm hoping to receive mine about Aug. 14. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Banned

Hello Mr. T-Bone, it's been awhile since I peaked in here & was wondering

what kind of availability there is on the sub1000 & 5000T models?

I'm not a doxa owner yet but sure would like to be, as I remember my grandfather & uncles and the crew of there marine salvage company wearing the original sub 300's many years ago and never got them out of my mind.

They were from france, and came to the south coast of NC to start there business here in 1930 I believe. One of the oldest salvage companies still in existence today.

I sure would appreciate any advice or help you may be able to afford to me-

Cheers,
    Jim

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

With the sale ongoing, and the Swiss Watchmaker holiday, I think some are temporarily back ordered, while some are available,. If you'll contact Doxa sales via phone, live chat or email, they can answer specifics on the models you may be interested in (see the sticky thread "How to reach DOXA's customer service" at the top of the Forum, or click here).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Re: Hello Mr. T-Bone, it's been awhile since I peaked in here & was wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon-Jim View Post
    what kind of availability there is on the sub1000 & 5000T models?

Cheers,
    Jim
    Hey, I placed my order for the 1000T at around the Mid-June time frame, and they were backordered at that point, and didn't recieve my watch till roughly mid-July. So that might kind of give you an idea of about how long it might take. It could take longer, as the vacation and people constantly ordering, it might take another week or two.

~Anthony
    Last edited by Jason71; August 1st, 2009 at 20:20. Reason: spelling ;-)
    DOXA Sub 1200T DWL Professional 46/99
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50
    Vintage DOXA Sub 300T Divingstar (Synchron 2nd Gen Push-in crown)

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information