Question about bracelets

Thread: Question about bracelets

Question about bracelets

I was just reading a post and a comment there was about the comfort of Doxa watches in regards to the cushion case style and the rice beads. Now with that said I'm about to pull the trigger on the new 800. So to all the members out there that are in a typing mood, and have the rice bead style bracelet and also the new style would you say the new style has the same comfort as the rice beads. I am really taken by the 800 and am especially fond of tubes, but the milshark 1000 is also a looker. I am leaning heavily toward the new 800, but it's no easy decision. So as I contemplate which should be my first of probably of many doxas, which bracelet do the experienced guys prefer. All of your opinions are valued and appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Kenny:thanks

Re: Question about bracelets

The 5000T type is MUCH better IMO - stronger overall, and the clasp is beautiful with the micro adjustment. Wears the same as the ricer too, super comfy

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there Kenny -

I have worn both types - the 5000T is a great bracelet, as is the beads of rice type that you will find on the 750T GMTs, and the 1000Ts.

I would go back to what we always say - the watch is more than the sum of its individual features. If you like the titanium and the tubes, and the overall look of the 800Ti, then that may be the best way to go.

HOWEVER - if you are more drawn to the vintage look and feel of the 1000T then this might be a better choice.

Both bracelets are good, and there are pros and cons on both sides of the fence.

Point of information - I presently wear a 1000T and LOVE it!

But why don't you give either me or Andy a call tomorrow and we can answer any specific questions you might have?

(877) 255 - 5017 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST.

James

On behalf of the Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    I was just reading a post and a comment there was about the comfort of Doxa watches in regards to the cushion case style and the rice beads. Now with that said I'm about to pull the trigger on the new 800. So to all the members out there that are in a typing mood, and have the rice bead style bracelet and also the new style would you say the new style has the same comfort as the rice beads. I am really taken by the 800 and am especially fond of tubes, but the milshark 1000 is also a looker. I am leaning heavily toward the new 800, but it's no easy decision. So as I contemplate which should be my first of probably of many doxas, which bracelet do the experienced guys prefer. All of your opinions are valued and appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Kenny:thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for your help guys, i appreciate it.

The 5000 abd GMT bracelet are the best of the bunch.
    USA/USN Retired
    PADI MSDT and IDC Staff Instr

Doxa 1200T NUMA TQ #7 of 50

Both are among the better bracelets I've owned. The links on the 5000T bracelet are thicker and heavier, and it has a very good clasp with ratcheting divers extension. However, there are no half links, so you'll have to use the extension for proper sizing. In this regard, the conventional microadjust on the beads-of-rice clasp gives a better fit with less hassle. You won't go wrong with either, so choose by case style rather than bracelet.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information