Question for everyone

Thread: Question for everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question for everyone

Hey Guys,

For those of you with more than one Doxa, do you put the watches you are not wearing on a winder? Pros/cons?

Re: Question for everyone

Mostly I wear 2-3 of my automatic watches in a rotation (old and new). The rest of them are staying safely in a box. Every 2 months every of watches will be put for a weekend on a winder.
    Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

I have a two-watch winder, and also two single watch winders. They are all Wolf Winders. IMHO, if you are going to buy a winder............You should buy a very good one. Wolf are up there with the best

BTW, I can't keep all of my watches on the 4 winders. Some are in storage.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I've got around 15 automatic watches. A winder would be pointless in my case, unless I bought several, as I never know which watch I'll decide to wear next. I do try to get them all running once a month or so at least (on the first of the month, I've been known to wind every watch in the box- well, not the G Shock, or the non winding Seiko's ).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I don't use a winder. Like TBone, I never know which one I'm going to wear. They all get worn eventually, so I just wind them when it's time. If one has been sitting for a while, I may wind it for good measure even though it's in the box, but I can't say I have any sort of structured schedule for it.
    // Rob

I have 2, 8 watch winders (dual quads). I have my watches on them at all times and available with the correct time. I choose which one i want to wear that day and put it on. I wear all my watches and rotate daily depending on what I am wearing.

John
    John M.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    I have 2, 8 watch winders (dual quads). I have my watches on them at all times and available with the correct time. I choose which one i want to wear that day and put it on. I wear all my watches and rotate daily depending on what I am wearing.

John
    Thanks for the info. Any recommendations on watch winders? Also, I was wondering how you like your 5000 pro compared to your other Doxas

Quote Originally Posted by buiedog View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any recommendations on watch winders?
    I also would recommend Wolf. Hop on over to www.hodinkee.com and scroll through a few pages to find their special discount code on Wolf products. They are cleaning out their inventory to make room for incoming '10 models, so they are offering 50% off...plus an ADDITIONAL 60% if you use the hodinkee code.

I just picked up a triple 2.0 winder which originally retailed for $1500...for 1/5th of that! And lots of other goodies, too.

Rock on.
    DOXA Sub 1000T Caribbean, Seiko 6105, Omega Speedmaster .861, Seiko 6139, Marathon GSAR 06 Contract, Heuer "Siffert" Autavia, Rolex Submariner 16800, Rolex GMT Master 1675, Heuer "Viceroy" Autavia, Omega Speedmaster Mk II, Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox, Rolex Explorer I, Heuer Bundeswehr....and more.

^^ Thanks for the link. That is a pretty dang good deal on wolf winders.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Tip much appreciated. Just picked up a triple.
    Last edited by bmwbruce; October 1st, 2009 at 15:59. Reason: edit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information