Question: Indices have discolored...

Thread: Question: Indices have discolored...

Question: Indices have discolored...

Hi Folks:

I have a 2000 vintage Pro, which has discolored indices; The case was compromised by moisture at some point. The movement is sound and the watch keeps time well, but the discolored dial isnt attractive looking.

My question: Would you send the watch back to the manafacturer for general service and have the dial replaced, or simply have the dial refinished?

Thanks,
    Tom

Re: Question: Indices have discolored...

If there was enough water intrusion to cause dial damage, imagine what the movement looks like. You may need a complete overhaul or movement replacement to go with the cosmetic work.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I agree with BO, but for my comments sake, let's say the movement is OK. If you're not concerned about resale and you're going to keep it forever, I'd just have the dial re-lumed. If you're concerned with resale value, then send it back to DOXA and have them replace the dial. That is if they have any available.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    Hi Folks:

I have a 2000 vintage Pro, which has discolored indices; The case was compromised by moisture at some point. The movement is sound and the watch keeps time well, but the discolored dial isnt attractive looking.

My question: Would you send the watch back to the manafacturer for general service and have the dial replaced, or simply have the dial refinished?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Hi, what do you mean by a 2000 vintage pro?

1. a 2002 SUB300T Professional Re-edition, or
    2. a seventies SUB300T pro

Please contact customers service, as in both cases we can help. The re-edition dial is in stock and can be replaced. The movement has to be cleaned, lubricated and services before it is too late

DOXA

Thread Information