'Ramblin, baby!!!!!

Thread: 'Ramblin, baby!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

'Ramblin, baby!!!!!

Last Wednesday, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 750T Searambler. I have been wanting one since the summer, but never got around to ordering. Every time I was about to place the order, something always came up which prevented it. I always felt better by telling myself, "Don't worry there's plenty. Just get one later on". Well, the day had come and "later on" had to be now. I knew with only a few remaining, if I didn't move quickly, my window of opportunity would be closed forever.

Today was the much anticipated day of arrival. The FedEx guy knocked on the door about an hour ago, and I flew down the stairs to answer it. Since this was my first Sub purchased directly from DOXA, I decided to grab the camera and document the unveiling.

For those of you who have never ordered directly from DOXA....here's what you're in for.

Just a box, plain and simple but we all know...this is where "plain and simple" come to an end......

Now, let's see what's inside. With a bit of brown paper packing removed, this is starting to look more like it......

Ah, now to see if they sent the correct watch. Yes!! Yes they did!!......

Since I only wear one DOXA at a time, I thought it wise to move my already sized and scuffed Caribbean bracelet, over to the 'Rambler. This way it gives me a pristine bracelet to keep in reserve and also removes a lot of that "new watch" anxiety. You know, where you walk around for the first couple of weeks being super careful not to get the slightest little scuff.

So here goes, off with the new......

And, on with the old......

Now, everything is complete and ready to go. Man, am I stoked!!!

"The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: 'Ramblin, baby!!!!!

Very Nice!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

--Keith

Ty, keep us updated on what you think over the next couple days.............

BTW, who is that pretty lady in the wedding gown behind the box?? I know it can't be anyone in your family.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LOLZ at using one of the RR's as a beater!

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Ty, keep us updated on what you think over the next couple days.............

BTW, who is that pretty lady in the wedding gown behind the box?? I know it can't be anyone in your family.
    I'll keep you guys posted, but I know I'm going to love it. I just wish I could put it through it's paces on a dive, but I won't be back in the water 'till at least sometime in January. That is unless someone decides to take a one-way swim in a mud hole around here.

I know it's going to be great there too. The red and black hands contrast nicely against the sunburst-silver dial. Legibility will be awesome. Plus there's just something cool about a dive watch with the word "sea" in it's name.

Who's the pretty lady you ask? Why, it's Mrs. Subkrawler. That was 14 years ago at the tender age of 20. Not much has changed though.
    Last edited by subkrawler; December 10th, 2007 at 20:36.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I want a searambler so bad. I'm trying to convince myself that it will be an investment because of their rarity, right? And at the returning customer's price? Come on guys. Talk me into it. Even if they make a 1000T version it will not be as rare, with 5000 being made of each of the models. They would probably never get to 5000 mark for the 1000T searambler.
    What is it about rarity that makes me want to get it? I guess I like to know that I'll probably never see anyone else with it on. I guess that is one of the reasons I love Doxa. I said 'one' of the reasons...
    I can't wait to get the stats on how many of each of the 750T model were made. This info should be coming soon.

very sweet. I just sold my NIB Rambler. Maybe I made a mistake?

Enjoy that one. I like your idea of keeping the bracelet pristine.

Way to go! Welcome to the 750 Searambler club. At this point its pretty exclusive. I hope you enjoy your Rambler as much as I enjoy mine.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Subkrawler,
    Congrats on the Searambler, I do love that sunburst effect on the dial.
    I was expecting to hear that you had ordered a 750 COSC DS. You seemed to be crazy about them when we were in Cayman.
    As for the pretty lady in the picture, how did you ever snag a looker like that, and one that lets you go galavanting all over scuba diving with perfect strangers, and doesn't tear you apart for buying watches.

I only have one question does she have a sister that likes fat old men?

Take care Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Quote Originally Posted by diverj007 View Post
    I want a searambler so bad. I'm trying to convince myself that it will be an investment because of their rarity, right? And at the returning customer's price? Come on guys. Talk me into it. Even if they make a 1000T version it will not be as rare, with 5000 being made of each of the models. They would probably never get to 5000 mark for the 1000T searambler.
    What is it about rarity that makes me want to get it? I guess I like to know that I'll probably never see anyone else with it on. I guess that is one of the reasons I love Doxa. I said 'one' of the reasons...
    I can't wait to get the stats on how many of each of the 750T model were made. This info should be coming soon.
    Diverj, if you want one, you better pull the trigger soon. Imagine how sick you'll be when DOXA makes that announcement "The Searambler is sold out" and you were so close to placing the order.

That's how I felt when I read the same thing about the Milshark. I was wanting one of those too, screwed around and missed the boat. I wasn't about to let that happen with the 'Rambler.

Another thing....if you're a lume freak, the lume is awesome on this watch. Makes my Caribbean look pale and dim in comparison.

Oh, and about rarity. I'd be surprised if they made more than 100. My guess is somewhere around 75.
    Last edited by subkrawler; December 11th, 2007 at 03:24.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information