The Rarest Doxa(s) Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Rarest Doxa(s) Thread

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Rarest Doxa(s) Thread

With the recent post hinting at the possibility of something new I thought it would be cool to start a thread on the rarest Doxas'. Relatively speaking of course, it could be argued that every Doxa is rare...but let's see the rarest of the rare. The one-offs, the errors, the limited editions, etc...let's see them all!

I wish I had something to start this post but I have a very "common" (one of 300) Sharkhunter 750Ts'.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Re: The Rarest Doxa(s) Thread

One of 150 T-Graph 2005 edition Proffesional

One of 100 2005 T-Graph Sharkhunter

One of one 40th Anniversary T-Graph Sharkhunter w/orange hour hand

One of 20 COSC Divingstar 750T

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I have not been around much lately but this looked like it might be fun. Here are some of the ones I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dan

SUB 200 Coralline
    SUB 200 Coraliine Re-Issue
    SUB 250 Sharkhunter
    SUB 300 Pro. Black Lung
    SUB 600 Divingstar
    SUB 600 Pro.
    SUB 600 T-Graph Pro
    SUB 750 Caribbean
    SUB 750 Divingstar COCS
    SUB 750 Pro. COCS
    SUB 750 White Shark
    SUB 1000 TUSA
    Doxa Coppa Milano Sanremo

I will throw out a few with the description of the circumstances of my acquisition of the pieces.

300T Reissue Sharky. Still in the plastic after all these years, never worn. I bought this one from the original owner several years ago. He had a pro, and just never decided to wear the Sharky.

This is my Aubry bezel Synchron 300T. I found this one on Ebay, EARLY one morning and it had been listed in Switzerland. It had only been listed for less than 2 hours. It had a Buy it now price that was probably ~ 1/3 of its value. I snatched it up for a prayer, and was pleasantly surprised that it was NOS when it arrived. It doesn't have a mark on the clasp, and has never been polished.

This one is nearly as good. I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner had it for less than 6 months. The original owner wore it for a couple years, and then put it in the safe. It has never been polished.

This is my RR Caribbean. I bought it directly from Grand Cayman when the story came out that the dials had been misspelled. It has never been worn.

This is my 250T Sharkhunter. I bought it off a friend for several hundred dollars more than he paid. There are these around, but they aren't terribly prevalent.

This is my Poseidon 300T Divingstar. It is one of the few Poseidons that did not have the logo added. I bought it directly from a guy in Sweden. I was new to this game at the time. I paid him via paypal, and he mailed this watch to me in an envelope---uninsured. Now, I shudder at the thought of how fool-hardy this was.

This is not a Doxa, but it is a Jenny, and is pretty darn rare. I bought it from a guy in Germany, and have never seen another one like it really. (except in an old advertisement)

This is my Orange-dialed Divingstar. It is Automatic and I have only seen maybe one or two others, and they are not in this nice shape. I bought this off the gentleman that is pictured in Pete's orange Doxa book with it. It is the exact watch in this picture.

300 "no T" Sharkhunter. I honestly can't remember where I got this one.:oops: (EDIT: after a bit more thought, I am pretty sure that I bought it from the same Gentleman in Germany that sold me the SeaLab)

Again, not a Doxa but a Jenny and these really don't surface too often. Simon (aka "the flipper") sold this watch to me at a very fair price. I really like the color of it.

I guess that I have a few more that aren't as rare, but might qualify for this thread. I think I have wasted enough of your time with the pictures.
    Last edited by Jason71; March 26th, 2010 at 04:45.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Wow, Jason those are stunners! What a GREAT collection!

A little birdy told me that the SUB 300 Sharkie came with orange paint in the inner bezel ring, on some odd models. I can't remember where I read that, but it sounded cool to me, so that's the way I painted mine.

This is my rarest Doxa, the Black Lung. It's never been polished, and it's triple signed and all original.

Last edited by nanuq; March 26th, 2010 at 04:41.

Half dozen 300t's. Might be a rare one in the bunch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mordaunt View Post
    Half dozen 300t's. Might be a rare one in the bunch?
    That Searambler is 1/1, there was only a Prototype made. And it was raffled off by DOXA for Sunami relief.

Cheers,
    Andy
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!" ---Buckaroo Banzai

these are my rarest Doxas:

300 (no T) from 1967, European version w. meter-bezel

Sub.200 T.Graph from ca. 1970, US-version w. ft-bezel

Pre-Sub so called Skindiver from around 1960

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

WOW...Great posting guys...this is just what I was hoping for, a collection of the rarest of the rare in one thread.

Keep 'em coming all!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information