Real Doxa?

Thread: Real Doxa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real Doxa?

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me if this is a real Doxa?
    I can't find this model on the web with the red tip 2nd and, and the black date wheel.
    Thank you! any info would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Real Doxa?

Everything about the watch looks right except, as you noted, the red tip on the 2nd hand. Perhaps a former had a mod made to the watch. From my Google search I could not find one with a red tip on the 2nd hand. Cheers, Bill P.

Thanks bill what about the black date wheel?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markwade View Post
    Thanks bill what about the black date wheel?
    That looks like a mod too, probably done at the same time the seconds tip was painted red. The prior owner likely didn't like the BOR bracelet either, so they put it on that Watchadoo looking bracelet. If you like it, I would use the mods as a point to beat them down on the price, then I'd send it to DOXA, and have them rebuild it back to original spec.
    Last edited by subkrawler; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:03.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

What also is cool is that it comes with container and card. Thanks whats a good price for it !? How much do you think DOXA will charge to rebuild it?
    Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    That looks like a mod too, probably done at the same time the seconds tip was painted red. The prior owner likely didn't like the BOR bracelet either, so they put it on that Watchadoo looking bracelet. If you like it, I would use the mods as a point to beat them down on the price, then I'd send it to DOXA, and have them rebuild it back to original spec.

I want some more pictures before I am convinced it is authentic. Buy the seller. What is the story that the seller is giving you for these mods??
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by markwade View Post
    What also is cool is that it comes with container and card. Thanks whats a good price for it !? How much do you think DOXA will charge to rebuild it?
    Thanks for your input!
    I don't know exactly what it's worth, but I personally wouldn't pay more than $900 for it. By the time you buy a new bracelet, have the date wheel and seconds hand replaced, plus a service...you're probably looking at spending $400-$500. Now those $$ are purely guesstimates, but if I'm right, and you get it for $900, that puts you between $1300 and $1400 total. That's about what you'd pay for one if it was all original, the last time I checked 600T prices.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    I want some more pictures before I am convinced it is authentic. Buy the seller. What is the story that the seller is giving you for these mods??
    If it's fake, which I just have a feeling it isn't, it would be the first confirmed fake of a reissue Sub. Let's pray it isn't, because that would mean there are more out there like it.

Mark, what does the case-back look like? Does the number on the case-back, match the number on the card?

Personally I like it the way it is, if it is original and just modded. I would keep it like that until will be time for a service at what time I will take a decision if I would get the watch back to the original or not. However I'd like to see some more pictures: of the back and sides especially the lugs. They look
    a bit shorter, at least from the angle of the picture.
    As Ty said if you can get it for under a grand you'll have a bargain. ( providing that the watch is original )

Just my 2 cents!!

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    Personally I like it the way it is, if it is original and just modded. I would keep it like that until will be time for a service at what time I will take a decision if I would get the watch back to the original or not. However I'd like to see some more pictures: of the back and sides especially the lugs. They look
    a bit shorter, at least from the angle of the picture.
    As Ty said if you can get it for under a grand you'll have a bargain. ( providing that the watch is original )

Just my 2 cents!!

Michael
    One other thing I noticed, it looks like they tried to black-out the orange bezel numerals, further leading me to believe it's a modified original. I think a look at the case-back will really tell us what we need to know. And Michael, since this watch was likely produced around 2004, it's well overdue for a service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information