The reason coffee tables were invented....

Thread: The reason coffee tables were invented....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The reason coffee tables were invented....

...and it certainly wasn't for setting your coffee down. It was for the display of "coffee table" books like Pete Millar's phenomenal two books!

My hardcover edition of Diving With Legends arrived today. It is a work of art as well as a work of heart. Many thanks go out to Doxa for their help in getting everything accomplished that went together for this book. The DWL 1200T watches, the presentation in Chicago to the divers, and the support for Pete.

Pete, you have outdone yourself!

For anyone interested in scuba diving or in Doxa watches or in dive watches, this Diving With Legends book is a MUST HAVE!

Re: The reason coffee tables were invented....

Steve,

thank you for the kind words. Man those two look great. I've never even had a chance to put my 2 books together yet. Woooooo, really brought a lump to my throat seeing them together.

Usual story, if someone had of said to me 20 years ago when I first saw a Doxa or 8 years ago when I bought a reissue that those 2 books and that watch would have been written and inspired by me, I'd have wanted to know how much they had to drink.

Maybe I'm not such a talentless Irish hack that I keep claiming to be.

Thanks Steve, those pictures really, really brightened up my day. After all the hassle and worry about the delay of the books it is good to see that they are finding their way home.

Just so people know, 3 of the special signed hardbacks went missing during transit. One to Jacques Piccard's son, one for Rick and one for Romeo Jenny. Pretty much gutted by it as they are irreplaceable. I thought I had 3 more, one of which I was going to auction, but the bloody printers lost 3 of the special signed sheets so there will only ever be 27 of those books and not 30.

So as I said above, the pictures above really are a tonic.

Thanks Steve

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Tracy View Post

My hardcover edition of Diving With Legends arrived today. It is a work of art as well as a work of heart. Many thanks go out to Doxa for their help in getting everything accomplished that went together for this book. The DWL 1200T watches, the presentation in Chicago to the divers, and the support for Pete.

Pete, you have outdone yourself!

For anyone interested in scuba diving or in Doxa watches or in dive watches, this Diving With Legends book is a MUST HAVE!

What he said plus two! My DWL book also arrived today and its a very cool all a round project. The individual shipping of the books themselves must have continued to have been, a job unto itself. So again Doc Pete many,many well "done's and congratulations". Lastly, thank you for not using "packing peanuts" I hate those things.
    woo-hoo
    cheers
    Geoffrey
    Last edited by Jason71; March 26th, 2010 at 21:42. Reason: quote fix. ;-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would definitely say you weren't talentless. I have your 40th anniversary book and in fact I just read through it again a couple of days ago and even now it's still a good read and enjoyable. Of all the books that I have on my bookshelf, yours is the one I am apt to bring out first and show off because it really shows of DOXA in its true beauty that you've been able to capture.

That's unfortunate that they lost 3 copies of those =/.

Do the hardbacks that just got mailed out still have a photocopied version of the signed sheets?

~Tony
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by CityMorgue View Post
    Do the hardbacks that just got mailed out still have a photocopied version of the signed sheets?

~Tony
    Tony, yes they do.

for anyone near NJ this weekend. The Beneath The Sea show is on and Stan, Martha and Zale will be there. They would be very happy to sign your book if it arrives on time.

Pete

oops, double post.
    Last edited by Steve Tracy; March 27th, 2010 at 01:56. Reason: oops, double post

A Doxa Caribbean GMT and a Chicago Bears football jersey would look really good with your two books too!

I got mine as well...... Gonna pour a few fingers of Laphroaig and read, relax and enjoy my new book. (Is it okay if I call it a Scotch Table Book?) I'll be going to Beneath the Sea in NJ most likely on Sunday....I'll be wearing the DWL and Representin'.
    Red
    "The Best Dives Start With A Giant Stride"
    Doxa Army
    Doxa Sub 250T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 U.S. Divers “Blacklung”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S. Divers Conquistador
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Sharkhunter “Silver Shark”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Searambler
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers/Syncron Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Professional
    Doxa Sub 600T Spirotechnique Professional
    Etc.

Just got home for lunch. There was a box on the table and I asked myself what it could be !
    Great pleasure to find the DWL book with all the signatures on the first page !
    Got to go and read it now.
    Again and again, thanks Pete.

just got home and my book was with the doorman. great job pete, i am so happy i ordered the dwl book and watch.
    i was just at the king cole bar having a few drinks with a friend and even though it seemed everyone else was wearing rolexes, i noticed eyes wandering down to my
    dwl 1200. too pretty to ignore.
    Kobold Phantom Tactical
    Kobold Large Soarway Diver
    Kobold SS Seal
    DOXA SUB 750T GMT Professional
    DOXA SUB 600T T-Graph searambler
    DOXA SUB 1200T HRV Searambler
    DOXA SUB 1200T HRV Diving With Legends
    DOXA SUB 200T Seamaid (wife)
    DOXA SUB 4000T Sapphire Sharkhunter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information