Removing Scuffs

Thread: Removing Scuffs

Removing Scuffs

Hey all--

I just sent payment on a Sub 750T! I can't wait till it gets here next week. (Pics will follow shortly there-after.) Anyway, the only flaw with this watch is a minor scuff on the clasp of the bracelet. I was wondering what is the easiest, safest, and best way to remove scuffs from a Doxa.

Ryan

Re: Removing Scuffs

Most people here use a Cape Cod polish or Cape Cod Cloth for polishing superficial scuffs. Deeper stuff needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. My advice, get some Cape Cod Polish and find a $5 beater from wal-mart and practice. Once you feel like you know what you are doing, try the Pro........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Trying to stay ahead of scuffs on a bracelet clasp is pretty tough if you plan to wear the watch. If it's a minor scuff, I'd leave it and forget about it - there will be plenty more where that came from! This is a watch to be worn. Save the Cape Cod for those unavoidable bezel hairlines.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drhoop View Post
    Trying to stay ahead of scuffs on a bracelet clasp is pretty tough if you plan to wear the watch. If it's a minor scuff, I'd leave it and forget about it - there will be plenty more where that came from! This is a watch to be worn. Save the Cape Cod for those unavoidable bezel hairlines.
    I agree, I plan to polish mine up in about 15-20 years. Until then, the scuffs and scratches give it character...............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I agree with the guys. Keeping up with the scratches sounds great but if you wear the watch it's very hard. These watches are great but if you look at them wrong they scratch. Mine has a few but it really does give it a lived in look. I'll never sell mine so it's not a big deal to me.

Chris

Thread Information