Request: Comparison pics (1000T & 1200T Pro)

Thread: Request: Comparison pics (1000T & 1200T Pro)

Request: Comparison pics (1000T & 1200T Pro)

Hi.

First of all I want to say I've searched and I've seen both these threads;

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=379007

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=381799

however, fickle as I am, I'm not quite satisfied. (no pun intended, photos are great, it's just that after seeing all the pictures, I still have some questions)

To further elaborate, I have a 1000T caribbean and I really love it. However, the more I think about it, the more I "need" a orange faced DOXA. I had my heart set on a 1000T Pro, since I find my caribbean perfect in every possible way (case, size, bracelet), it's just that with my financial situation at the moment I can't afford to order the 1000T Pro, and assume it will be gone by the time I'm able to raise the cash. I like being the first owner of everything I buy (except cars and houses), so pre-owned is not an option. Therefor I'm considering the 1200T instead.

To cut to the chase; I would like to see some side-by-side pictures of a 1000T Pro and 1200T Pro. I find it hard to figure out the color on the 1000T, since it seems to change depending on light-conditions. How is the 1200T compared to the 1000T? Are the colors of the dials identical? If anybody happens to have alot of orange-faced DOXA's, I would love to see the 750T, 1000T, 1200T and 600T-Graph together. :)

I would also like to see some sideshots of the 1000T case and the 1200T case straight-on (Rambam's fourth, fifth and sixth picture here https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=381799 almost do the job, however I would like to see the cases straight on, similar to the eighth picture here (1200T on top of 300T):

http://www.doxa300t.com/dwlsub/dwl.htm (I've also compared the 1000T to the 1200T on this site, however I would love to see them in the same picture.)

The last request I have is the 750T, 1000T and GMT bracelet comparison.

I think these images would be valuable for DOXA enthusiasts in the future when trying to figure out which model to go for.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Michael
    Last edited by i3rfnp3; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:05.

Re: Request: Comparison pics (1000T & 1200T Pro)

How's it going to answer your question on the color, from what I can tell and believe, the color of both the 1200 and the 1000 is the same exact color.

Here are some pictures, which I hope can satisfy your request for some comparison pictures.

Here is a picture of the color comparison. In the sunlight the dials still appear to be pretty much the same.

Here is the top on top of watch. As you can see the 1200 case itself is a wee bit thicker, however the case bottom is the same size as the 1000.

Here is what the bottom of the watches look like. The 1200 on the right because of the thicker case feels like it sits lower on the wrist and doesn't have as much 'wabbly effect' as the 1000. You can see that the bottom screw case is the same exact for both watches.

Here is the bracelet comparison. The top is the one that comes standard on the 1000. The bottom is the 'GMT' bracelet which comes standard on the 1200, 600, and 750.

The thicker bracelet helps to offset some of the weight and distribute it better allowing for a feeling that the watch isn't going to move around as much and it helps to make the watch sit better if that makes any sense.

I hope these pictures help you out. And if not, I'm sure other people on here will submit their pictures to help you out the best way that we can.

~Tony
    DOXA Sub 1200T DWL Professional 46/99
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50
    Vintage DOXA Sub 300T Divingstar (Synchron 2nd Gen Push-in crown)

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

great pics City.
    Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks a million! That was exactly what I wanted!

I've read most of the posts on how the 1200T compares to the 1000T; it's just that if I order a 1200T in the future and it's way heavier and the bracelet is much thicker than the 1000T, I'm afraid I'll think the 1000T is too skimpy and not end up wearing it anymore. But as I initially thought there really isnt much difference in the bracelets, and the fact that the 1200T has a thicker and slightly heavier case just evens it out and I assume they will wear pretty much the same.

Just one more thing to get this right; if I understand correctly, the 1000T and the 1200T are the same thickness, and the only difference in the case is that the 1200T has a slightly thicker side, and this "covers up" the caseback a little more than on the 1000T? So if you would put both cases flat on the table on their casebacks next to eachother, they would be identical except for the caseback on the 1000T would be more visible? The bezels will be at the same height and the curvature of the cases will be as well? Was that easy enough to understand? (If you take your first picture, and lay the camera flat on the counter, or on the third picture flip the watches over on their casebacks, and lay the camera flat on the counter)

I apologize if I'm being a pain in the a**, but pictures really tell more than a thousand words.

Michael

Alright here are some thickness comparison pictures that you have requested. From what I could tell with a fairly crude method, it appears that both the 1000 and 1200 are the same exact thickness, and the 1200 makes up some of the thickness by using up the extra space at the bottom of the watch that is shown on 3rd and 4th picture shown above. Here's a couple of pics to show what I mean.

That should be what you were asking for :). And here's a final pic of both my 1200's and my 1000 :)

Hope you enjoy, and I hope this helps your decision in the future.

My final thoughts and opinion between the 1000 and the 1200. In my opinion I find the 1200 to be a lot more comfortable to wear than the 1000. That's not to say the 1000 wasn't nice, however between it riding lower and the thicker bracelet, it feels to me that watch just wears better. Of course YMMV.

Again enjoy this. I love every one of my watches, and I would never get rid of any of them :).

~Tony

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to take these pictures for me! Hopefully this will come in handy for others out there as well. Now all my questions have been answered! That means I can let the 1000T go and start saving up for the 1200T.

Best regards

Michael

Tony, kudos to you for your superb comparison shots.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by i3rfnp3 View Post
    Again, thank you very much for taking the time to take these pictures for me! Hopefully this will come in handy for others out there as well. Now all my questions have been answered! That means I can let the 1000T go and start saving up for the 1200T.

Best regards

Michael
    No problem Michael, it was a pleasure to be able to help you out and clarify some questions that you had :). Wear your watch in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Tony, kudos to you for your superb comparison shots.
    Thanks for the compliment ^_^. I'm just glad to be able to throw my 2 cents in and all that good stuff haha.

Thread Information