Be Safe

Thread: Be Safe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Be Safe

Just got back home after the mandatory evacuation was lifted here. The fires are undescribable.I am not sure how many are aware of the complete devastation here in San Diego but estimates are over 1000 homes lost and 100s of businesses. No end in sight.
    For all those that live here in the area, be safe and if you need a place to stay, please let me know.
    Good luck,
    Bob

Re: Be Safe

Quote Originally Posted by shark bait bob View Post
    Just got back home after the mandatory evacuation was lifted here. The fires are undescribable.I am not sure how many are aware of the complete devastation here in San Diego but estimates are over 1000 homes lost and 100s of businesses. No end in sight.
    For all those that live here in the area, be safe and if you need a place to stay, please let me know.
    Good luck,
    Bob
    Bob, I do agree with you seeing what we see on the news does not truly reflect all the devistation you see up close and personal.

I hope you and your family stay safe. My prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Take care!
    Thanks Nick

Bob, I personally am watching this very closely. My wife's best friend lives in San Diego and we are scheduled to fly out to see them in 2 1/2 weeks. I cannot grasp the anxiety that you must feel along with all the others that actually live there. Our thoughts and Prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Best of luck to you guys out there. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose so much. Hang in man, just hang in and keep us posted if you can.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

From someone living in a frequent drought and fire area I hear you. What we don't have here in Florida is the equivalent of Santa Ana winds. Thank God the heavy winds we get are tropical and water laden. If we had Santa Anas, Florida would be a cinder. Be safe.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. The car is still packed just in case.
    Jason:hopefully all will be quiet when you visit.Let me know, will have a cold one waiting for you.
    I thank all the brave hard working firefighters. They are amazing.
    All the best,
    Bob

We just exchanged emails with Cheryle's friend. She says she is about 10miles from the frontlines. She has picked up a couple of her friends as refugees that are evacuated at the moment.

Please keep us posted if possible, but please stay out of harm's way.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Bob, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all the others in harms way. A friend on another forum has already evacuated his family.

Praying for no wind and a rain storm.....

Paul

rain very unlikely,hoping for no wind.Fires seem to be starting up again further north at county line but no resources left to contain.
    Bob

This is unnerving news for me. We are just getting word on these blazes here in Iraq and we are scrambling to confirm who has family members in the affected areas.

As soon as I received an email from my SgtMaj asking for me to confirm who has family in San Diego I emailed my wife immediately.

The last message that I received from her she informed me that she along with the rest of my family were evacuated at 02:00 from our house as the flames were fast approaching. They fled to a friend’s house in a neighboring city. Latter that day at around 11:00 they too had to be evacuated. I’ve since lost contact with her.

In the meantime I’m trying to get a handle on my Marines families. I was informed a couple of hours ago by my SgtMaj that our Col had authorized family members to seek safety in our barracks on base. Now, only a few minutes ago, I’m notified that the barracks was evacuated because it is now surrounded by flames.

My Lt is also from San Diego. The last contact that he had with his parents they were living in some High School gym; he too has lost all contact.

It is difficult to maintain your composure in a time like this. I’ve been in combat plenty of times and all I had to worry about was my Marines and our mission. Now I worry about the before mentioned and my family.

It is 03:45 here and most of the Marines in my platoon are up pacing. I’m sure our communication equipment is screaming for mercy right now as we are calling all over our AO trying to contact my Marines that we have attached out to different Marine and Army units.

I can only pray for the best in regards to my wife and daughter. Right now though, I must concentrate on my Marines mental wellbeing and ensure that their families are safe.
    Tom
    Marathon, Omega, Rolex, Ruhla, Seiko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information