Saving for first Doxa

Thread: Saving for first Doxa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saving for first Doxa

Ok...I'll admit it. I've posted somewhere else on this site that I didn't 'get' Doxa and that it looked like something my dad would wear in the 70's.

Since then, however, I've kept looking at them and now I really want one...lol. I don't have a real diver and really want one, of course, I haven't been diving in a while, but that's beside the point...right?

So I won't be able to purchase one before the new year, so knowing what you know now, if you could start again, what would your first Doxa be?

Here's a catch though...and it's kind of a silly one all things considered. I'd like to stay away from the black dial and the orange if possible. I know Doxa is famous for their orange, but I have an orange dial watch already...
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Re: Saving for first Doxa

If I was starting out and didn't want orange, I'd get the Divingstar GMT. Or the 5000T Caribbean. However, I love Orange, so for starters it would be the 1000T Pro. I can't imagine owning just one. So, start out with the flavor you like best and you can always sample the others later.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Welcome to the DOXA Forum. If you are shying away from Orange and Black dials, that leaves the Caribbean (blue), Divingstar (yellow), and Searambler (silver).

The Searambler is not in any of the current lineup but there is one 750T available.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=198683

I'd jump on that, you won't be disappointed. The 750T is a pretty substantial watch in terms of weight and diameter. Take a look around the forum for more info.

Good luck!
    -luke

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DMB
    Banned

I'd find a silver Searambler wherever I could. After that, the Caribbean would be my choice. BUT .... the black one and orange one will grow on you. - David

By starting again, can I also go back in time?

If so, I'd pick up a 600T Divingstar.

My other alternative might be a 750T Caribbean (or the Carribbean I should have got when it was on the sales forum back in the day...). The problem for me was, a 750 might have been a bit big for my chicken wrist.

I currently have a 1000T Pro, which I really like. It gets a lot of wrist time.

I had been lurking in the Doxa forums for a while, debating a 750, and wishing there was a 600 with solid end links. Then the 1000T came out. Bam! That was it. I thought about waiting to see if there would be a Divingstar version, but the more I looked at the Pro, the more I realized that the orange was for me. I don't regret it one bit.

I too have another orange watch, a Seiko Orange Monster (SKX781). That was my "gateway" watch.

Good luck with your hunt!
    Last edited by Doheth; November 24th, 2008 at 04:15. Reason: emoticon correction

If you want to see some Doxas in person I'm just a call away!!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

OMG that searambler is beautiful....i'm going to go and see if anyone wants a kidney so I can have it right now. And MJTO, I just may take you up on that...but when I'm closer to purchase so I don't torture myself more than I already am.

I kind of hate this hobby sometimes. But I also love it.

And I'm only atying away from orange because I have an orange watch and black because I have a lot of black face watches...

Thanks folks!
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

CSC, Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

MTJO is good people. Spent a recent hurricane with him on Grand Cayman (he went swimming in the heavy surf in the hours before it hit full force ).

BTW, you may have an orange watch, but not yet the orange watch.... As their tag line says, "Doxa, the inventor of orange". But the Searambler, Caribbean and Divingstar are all great too.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thanks...and you make a good point about the orange. A question...I keep hearing about the 800t but it's not on the Doxa website? Is it a previous model that has been discontinued like the searambler (which should be brought back IMHO)?
    Chris

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there and welcome to the DOXA Forum!

The 800Ti is, in fact, a brand new DOXA release. We were able to move very quickly to get it released early (before the Winter holidays).

It is limited to 500 pieces TOTAL. Here is a post that will give you a fair amount of info. For the moment, it is only available for order to returning DOXA Direct Customers, and DOXA Forum members - such as yourself.

It is priced at $1,890.00 - this reflects a discount of 30% off of the full retail price - which will go into effect on January 1st.

Here is a post that will give you a fair amount of information:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=202082

Again - welcome!

James
    DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by cp_ste.croix View Post
    Thanks...and you make a good point about the orange. A question...I keep hearing about the 800t but it's not on the Doxa website? Is it a previous model that has been discontinued like the searambler (which should be brought back IMHO)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information