Scratched my 600T Hope Doxa can help

Thread: Scratched my 600T Hope Doxa can help

Scratched my 600T Hope Doxa can help

Well 1st let me say it was my fault, I allways baby all my watches, and never wear them when they might get screwed up hince they look new. Well today I was working (nothing that would scratch it) and I took a step backwards and fell in doing so I put my watch hand out to stop the fall (I was falling on that side) and the clasp hit a stone marker, well it did not bend or break but the Jenny logo side got some good scratches the other half of the clasp is fine. I already put an e-mail to Doxa I hope I get a new clasp for that side,(fingers crossed) I must have looked at that clasp a 1,000 times today man it's driving me crazy.

Re: Scratched my 600T Hope Doxa can help

If the clasp isn't damaged you can try to polish the scratches out with very very fine sandpaper. Should be successfull if you work carefully.

Btw you should be happy that nothing happens to the watch itself like a dig or scratch in the case
    Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Re: Scratched my 600T Hope Doxa can help

Quote Originally Posted by subpro300 View Post
    If the clasp isn't damaged you can try to polish the scratches out with very very fine sandpaper. Should be successfull if you work carefully.

Btw you should be happy that nothing happens to the watch itself like a dig or scratch in the case
    If you do use sandpaper, which I don't know if that's such a good idea, use nothing coarser than 1000 grit. You are probably better of with jewelers rouge or some liquid polisher such as compound for auto body.
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

Thread Information