SCUBA Expo - Long Beach, CA May 15th & 16th

Thread: SCUBA Expo - Long Beach, CA May 15th & 16th

Off topic SCUBA Expo - Long Beach, CA May 15th & 16th

Hello Doxaholics and fellow divers,

Just curious if any of the Southern California lurkers are heading to the SCUBA expo down in Long Beach this weekend. If there are, how about a So Cal get together to celebrate our love of Doxas, diving, and all things in between?

If not, I'll do my best to represent the group at its best. Which means most of my pictures will not be fit to publish.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Re: SCUBA Expo - Long Beach, CA May 15th & 16th

I might go on Sunday but I'm not sure yet. Saturday is my Rescue Diver checkout day so I don't know how exhausted I'd be comes Sunday.
    The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Re: SCUBA Expo - Long Beach, CA May 15th & 16th

Got back from the expo yesterday in the afternoon. Enjoyed the exhibits and saw some cool tech diving gear, and some stuff that just seems pretty far out there.

Highlight of the trip for me was meeting Stan Waterman and going to a couple of the seminars he was presenting. He was very kind to sign his book Sea Salt as well as his section in Pete Millar's Diving with Legends.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised - in person he was very soft spoken and even seemed frail, but he seemed to grow stronger as soon as he was front and center. Pretty soon he had us cracking up with his sense of humor. Very self deprecating and humble, extremely knowledgeable and happy to share what he knows.

I can only hope I have his energy and enthusiasm when I'm 87!

The other cool part was seeing an exhibit from the museum of underwater diving. This was started by Nick Icorn, and if I remember right he was the first president of PADI and wrote the first training manual for the organization.

All in all, a lot of fun. Long Beach isn't my favorite town, but it was worth the trip down there.

Cheers,

Avi
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Thread Information