The Seafire gets a makeover

Thread: The Seafire gets a makeover

The Seafire gets a makeover

For those that have the book, you will see a homage watch I made for my wife in it. I took a 250T and had it redialed with the US Divers logo and called it the Seafire. Just before we moved here my nephew used to look at it longingly and said it was a wonderful watch. He loved the domed crystal. It was his 18th birthday a while ago so my wife gave it to him as a present.

When I was back in Ireland a few months ago he said the watch wasn't working anymore so I brought it back to have a look at it. I think he must have dropped it as the rotor didn't seem to be spinning.

I opened it up and pulled it apart. One of the dial feet was broken and rather than have the original ETA 2452 serviced I decided to transplant an ETA 2824 into it.. The dial wouldn't fit as the one remailing foot was too thick. I tried filing it down but in the end just pulled it off and ended up gluing the dial to the movement ring. Brutal I know, but there wasn't much else I could do. I never liked the 250 hands so I replaced then with a crackin pair I bought. I love them and if Doxa ever go for a new style of hands these are them. They glow like Chernoble. I couldn't find a decent sweep hand so went for a plain white one. had to buy a new stem as well but it means he keeps the screwdown crown.

Loads of case and bezel polishing and I'm waiting on a new Seiko Monster style straight end bracelet to finish it off. I'll file down the word Seiko on the clasp. I repainted the bezel and filled in the outer orange dot with lume. Just waiting for it to harden and cure before removing the surplus paint. Should be pretty sexy when I send it back and it is running at + 2 seconds a day. Anyway here's a work in progress shot.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: The Seafire gets a makeover

Nice refurbish!
    I reeeaaally like those hands.

Are there any watches that has hands like that? Luv to get a watch with them already installed or buy a seiko or even a zeno and have them put on.

Pete, the domed crystal seems to be less domed than other 250s I have seen. Is that one different than the stock crystal??

Excellent watch BTW. You have done a splendid job!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Pete, the domed crystal seems to be less domed than other 250s I have seen. Is that one different than the stock crystal??

Excellent watch BTW. You have done a splendid job!!
    Nope, its the same high dome, Jason. I just shot it to remove reflections and the angle kinda hides the height.
    Pete

Awesome job Doc! similar to ocean 7 hands..minute hand orange and hour white would work with lume. the2ster

Thread Information