SEARAIDERS INFORMATION -- Check Here

Thread: SEARAIDERS INFORMATION -- Check Here

SEARAIDERS INFORMATION -- Check Here

I am pleased to announce the addition of a new Sub Forum for Doxa. This is the new Searaider's Forum. This will be used for any discussion about the Searaider's annual trip. Please check this link frequently as updates will be forthcoming regarding Searaiders 2008

A big thanks to Ty for taking the initiative to organize this trip for us. My hope is that a much larger number of us will be able to attend this next year.
    All information will be placed in this new area. Our hope is that it will make it very easy to find. Your feedback is appreciated.

SEARAIDER'S FORUM
    Last edited by Jason71; December 1st, 2007 at 17:44. Reason: Clarification
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: SEARAIDERS INFORMATION -- Check Here

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I am pleased to announce the addition of a new Sub Forum for Doxa. This is the new Searaider's Forum. This will be used for any discussion about the Searaider's annual trip. Please check this link frequently as updates will be forthcoming regarding Searaiders 2008

A big thanks to Ty for taking the initiative to organize this trip for us. My hope is that a much larger number of us will be able to attend this next year.
    All information will be placed in this new area. Our hope is that it will make it very easy to find. Your feedback is appreciated.

SEARAIDER'S FORUM
    Jason, that's great news!! Thanks-a-million and I really appreciate the fact that you, Ernie and Rick could make this happen.

The new Sub-Forum will be the perfect place to archive Searaider events, along with news and information regarding the ultimate DOXA diving experience. This is going to be good!!
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Jason ... shouldn't the top sticky for SeaRaiders 2008 be moved to the sub forum??

Just wondering.
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    Jason ... shouldn't the top sticky for SeaRaiders 2008 be moved to the sub forum??

Just wondering.
    John,

You're right, eventually the Searaider 2008 trip announcement, along with the 2007 trip reports, will all be moved to the Searaiders Sub-Forum.

Since the sub-forum is so new, many aren't used to it yet. The '08 trip announcement could easily be over looked, if it didn't spend a little time in the main forum. I'd look for the '07 trip reports to be moved around Jan. 1st, and the '08 trip announcement to be moved around Feb. 1st.

If something new comes along that I feel is of interest to the forum members, I may post a "hey guys, check the Searaider Forum for an update" type of announcement in the main forum. I know it's easy to become so fixed on the main forum, that sometimes the sub-forums are overlooked.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

The Sub Forum was a great idea, but I wonder if maybe the '08 Announcement might do better as a sticky on the main forum for a bit longer? Just a thought, I know it's tough to balance and gets a bit "sticky" at times .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    The Sub Forum was a great idea, but I wonder if maybe the '08 Announcement might do better as a sticky on the main forum for a bit longer? Just a thought, I know it's tough to balance and gets a bit "sticky" at times .
    My original and main reason for coming up with the idea of the sub-forum, was to have a place to archive the rallies as they progressed through the years. This way, they wouldn't get buried in the main-forum as they lost their "sticky" status.

If things catch on, and the sub-forum looks like it will be an active place for news and info, then all Searaider posts will be placed there. Until then, I'll post in the main forum and have it moved once it's run it's course, or I'll post a notification on the main forum to go check the sub-forum.

You're right about the '08 trip announcement doing better as a sticky in the main-forum. I'd like to see it stay a sticky all year, but I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Thread Information