Servicing Your Doxa?

Thread: Servicing Your Doxa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Servicing Your Doxa?

Greetings fellow Doxaholics.After a 5 week wait(damn Doxa Holiday) my 1st.Doxa,which is also my Holiest of Grails,a Sub 800Ti Professional will be here Friday or Sat.Since dive watches should have thier seals checked once a year & I WILL be diving with it, I'm wondering how you guys handle this.Do you ship the watch off to Switzerland every year for Doxa to check it out or is there an authorized service center here in the states that can do it out without voiding the warranty?Thanks much for your replies.

Re: Servicing Your Doxa?

Doxa authorized service center in the US:

NOTE - Stoll & Co. is no longer the authorized US Service center in the US.

If you need service for your DOXA SUB, please email DOXA at:

customer support (at) doxa watches . com

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA Forum Administrator 1; August 13th, 2009 at 16:48. Reason: incorrect information
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

I dive my Doxa, my Seiko SKX007, my Submariner, and my GSAR. So far, none have ever been serviced. I will probably service my Doxa and Submariner after 5 or so years of diving.

IMO, manufacturers really oversell servicing. Seikos are living proof of it!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently purchased a 750T GMT from another WUS member, but it is out of warranty. From the advice by WUS forum members, I went to a nearby trusted watch maker to have it pressure tested. It passed and I received a very nice compliment from the watch maker.

But, had my watch been under warranty, I would definately have the watch serviced by a Doxa authorized service center. If my watch encountered a problem during the pressure test, I would have sent my watch to the Doxa authorized service center.

I test about three watches a year this way and have not encounted any problems during diving. I find that most "diving" watches far exceed any depth that would be considered "recreational" diving depths.
    LEX ET ORDO

Hey E8Army Diver,

I too am awaiting my first Doxa's arrival. I didn't realize they were on vacation when I ordered. Not a problem except that I am VERY anxious. I expected to get a shipping notice on the 11th or 12th, but so far nothing. I ordered July 17th. When did you order and I assume you have already received a shipping notice?

Any good watch repair shop should have pressure testing equipment. They should be able to do it as you wait. It is a non invasive procedure and will not invalidate your warranty. When the test is done they give you the results on what looks like a cash register receipt.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Hey 72hotrod,I ordered mine on July9th.Last week when I posted this question I had received an email from Doxa that the Sub 800 would be going out last Thursday but I still have NOT received that shipped Confirmation or Tracking #.On a side note what 72 Hot Rod do you drive?I don't know if you've ever heard of it but every year in the first week of August we here in Reno,Nv.have a little thing called Hot August Nights.A Thousand or more vintage rods NO later than '72 converge on the Biggest Little City in the World for cruising,organized & sanctioned drag racing out at the local strip,show & shines & much more frivolity.SOOOOO COOOOOL!!I got out of rods when my '70 LS6 Chevelle was stolen a few years ago.So what took it's place?Watches,geez I'm a gluton for punishment!

Hey Sarge,

Well I kinda was referring to myself...born in '72. But I am also into old cars and trucks. I always wanted a '72 Chevrolet pickup, and finally found a decent stepside project. I have several other old Ford and Chevrolet pichups, but my pride and joy is a '67 Plymouth GTX. 440, auto, B5 blue.
    I HAVE heard of Hot August Nights. Sounds like a lot of fun! My sister moved to Elko a few years ago, so I might be able to stay with her one year and make it there. I know its a ways off, but MUCH closer than Louisiana! That sucks bout your Chevelle. I'd STILL be lookin. We had a guy in our club recover his stolen '72 chevy recently. I saw it every day on the way to work, but the new paint job disguised it.

I would be sick if I had a 70 LS-6 chevelle get stolen. Thats my grail car. I also love older cars and have a 70 Monte Carlo with a 396 BB in it that i've owned for 22 years. I also love the 70-72 chevy pickups and someday will probably pick one up.

Wayne
    Doxa Sub 1000T Professional, Doxa Sub 600T Professional, Doxa Sub 600T Divingstar, Doxa Sub 600T Sharkhunter, Doxa Sub 1200T Searambler, Seiko Orange "Sumo", Seiko SKX011J, Seiko SKX011K
    Seiko 7002-7039, Casio G-Shock DW5600, Zixen Trimix 44 diver(Black face), Zixen Zulu Black face diver. Scurfa Nato, Scurfa Diver One SS, Scurfa Bell Diver 1, Scurfa MS 18, Citizen Eco-drive 300m diver.

Quote Originally Posted by whaler View Post
    Doxa authorized service center in the US:

NOTE - Stoll & Co. is no longer the authorized US Service center in the US.

If you need service for your DOXA SUB, please email DOXA at:

customer support (at) doxa watches . com

DOXA
    This is new to me I sopke with Stoll & Co. and they said they were still a Doxa authorized service center, if you know different please explain. Thanks Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information