Shipwreck Hunter - Crackin book

Thread: Shipwreck Hunter - Crackin book

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off topic Shipwreck Hunter - Crackin book

Just finished

Shipwreck Hunter by Gerald Volgenau

Brilliant book all about wreck diving in the Great lakes. Only place I've ever dove apart from a quarry in Canada. Nothing warm and blue and high viz about diving there.

Started reading it this morning and just finished it. Well worth considering if you are looking for something to read. No Doxa's. Actually no watches at all but quite a few frozen regulators.........

Pete

Re: Shipwreck Hunter - Crackin book

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Just finished

Brilliant book all about wreck diving in the Great lakes. Only place I've ever dove apart from a quarry in Canada. Nothing warm and blue and high viz about diving there.

Started reading it this morning and just finished it. Well worth considering if you are looking for something to read. No Doxa's. Actually no watches at all but quite a few frozen regulators.........

Pete
    On a little different note, Golden Buddha by CC must have come out recently. Bought the paperback today from Sam's club. Maybe it has been out, but I just saw it. Plan on taking it to Bonaire this weekend for something to read...........

Thanks for the tip, Pete!! I am always looking for something good to read!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I just finished Shadow Divers and it was one of the best non-fiction adventure reads I've come across in quite a while. Must read for anyone with any interest in one/all of the following: wreck diving/WWII history/U-Boats.
    Last edited by twylie; August 7th, 2007 at 04:43.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I read Shadow Diver's a couple of months ago and it was a good book. I didn't want to put it down.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by twylie View Post
    I just finished Shadow Divers and it was one of the best non-fiction adventure reads I've come across in quite a while. Must read for anyone with any interest in one/all of the following: wreck diving/WWII history/U-Boats.
    Hey twylie, thanks for the tip on Shadow Divers. I searched it out on Half.com and it is headed my way now!! :thanks
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I have finally just finished this book, Shadow divers. I started reading it Sun night, and haven't been able to put it down after the kids go to bed in the evening. It usually takes me at least a week to get through a book, but I COULDN'T PUT THIS ONE DOWN!!!

http://www.robertkurson.com/book.html

What an incredible book. Well written and knock-your-socks-off diving. I don't think I could EVER do this type of diving, but an amazing read nonetheless. It is the story of two diver's quest to discover the identity of a newly found U-Boat off the coast of New Jersey. This was back when Tech diving was in its infancy and guys were not using trimix, but just compressed air at 200+ feet.

Twylie, thanks again for the recommendation

Now Pete, I need to try out your recommendation
    Last edited by Jason71; December 12th, 2007 at 04:02.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I have finally just finished this book, Shadow divers. I started reading it Sun night, and haven't been able to put it down after the kids go to bed in the evening. It usually takes me at least a week to get through a book, but I COULDN'T PUT THIS ONE DOWN!!!

http://www.robertkurson.com/book.html

What an incredible book. Well written and knock-your-socks-off diving. I don't think I could EVER do this type of diving, but an amazing read nonetheless. It is the story of two diver's quest to discover the identity of a newly found U-Boat off the coast of New Jersey. This was back when Tech diving was in its infancy and guys were not using trimix, but just compressed air at 200+ feet.

Twylie, thanks again for the recommendation

Now Pete, I need to try out your recommendation
    I will second "Shadow Divers" as a great read. I was held captive by that book !!! I also purchased the DVD Called "Hitlers Lost Sub" that documents its loss and dicovery by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler.

Thanks Dr. Pete for the tip on the new book.

JohnC

I will also highly recommend Shadow Divers. Finished it last month. Those guys had big brass ones to dive that wreck. I've dived the U-352 off NC but the one in this book is in a different category altogether.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

They're making Shadow Divers into a movie, slated for a 2009 release. Virtually no other info on IMDB, though, except the director is Peter Weir(?). Fantastic story, hope they do it justice in the movie.....

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Just finished

Pete
    I'm only on Chapter 5, but tearing right through (started over lunch). Real interesting reading... thanks for the tip Doc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information