Should brand equity be aligned with brand proposition?
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Should brand equity be aligned with brand proposition?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post deleted by author: the moderator's edits changed the point of this post.

Note: this is not commenting on moderator's "moderation"; rather that the moderators' editing transformed the post into something that would be misleading to the reader.

From original post, now deleted, post:

"How might customers perceive these statements, down below, from any company they might do business with? What would you think of any company that posted these words over their service desk? "

The moderator removed the aforementioned "statements, down below" (which BTW were his own statements), which were material to the point of the post: would any of us, do business with a company that employees such policies for serving its customers?

Note: while material to the original post, the use of the moderators original statements - the ones removed by the moderator - was not discussing the moderator's moderation.

As a gentle reminder from the site Administrator: Rule 11. WatchUSeek moderation is not a topic for discussion, decisions are made by those who created and run this forum, and are made in its best interest.
    Last edited by nepatriot; 1 Week Ago at 16:49.
    adg31 and lvt like this.

Re: Should brand equity be aligned with brand proposition?

As an RSS subscriber, I have the fortune of reading all the "negative" posts, even after they are removed from board. The vast majority are written respectfully.

I think one challenge is that most forum members believe that this Doxa forum is not Doxa-owned or managed.

It sounds to me as if the sole purpose of this forum is to create buzz that increases demand for new Doxa sales. However, I suspect most users would prefer to use it as a forum for discussing the products from one of their favorite models.

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerzulu View Post
    As an RSS subscriber, I have the fortune of reading all the "negative" posts, even after they are removed from board. The vast majority are written respectfully.

I think one challenge is that most forum members believe that this Doxa forum is not Doxa-owned or managed.

It sounds to me as if the sole purpose of this forum is to create buzz that increases demand for new Doxa sales. However, I suspect most users would prefer to use it as a forum for discussing the products from one of their favorite models.
    Well, just in case you are in doubt, THIS FORUM IS NOT RUN BY DOXA!
    lab-guy likes this.
    DOXA independent forum moderator since 2010.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm very glad the OP's post was not deleted, as I was 100% expecting it to be (given the history of deleted posts in the past.)
    MZhammer and nepatriot like this.

If, as stated, the forum is not owned or operated by Doxa or one of their distributors isn't it in and of itself in violation of the original Watchuseek definition of an Official Forum?

Don't get me wrong, a Forum should have rules and shouldn't become a brand bashing arena - but it would be rather unrealistic, dull and ultimately dishonest if users can only post how wonderful / fantastic / amazing / glorious / awesome (delete as applicable) that brand is.
    Sometimes on the Christopher Ward forum there are some adverse comments posted around the issue of service but these are balanced out by positive comments giving a more rounded - and independent - view of the brand.
    My concern is that when censorship takes over in place of brand engagement there is a disconnect between fantasy and reality.
    I love my remaining Doxa watch, it's great quality, very accurate, comfortable to wear, unique in appearance etc and I've already paid for the 50th Anniversay book by Dr Pete of this parish.
    However I sold my last Doxa at a loss as it had the Serif date font which meant you couldn't easily read it with its right alignment clashing with the distortion on the box crystal - and Doxa couldn't offer a solution. Would I have purchased it if this had been known in advance?
    Possibly not.
    Now when I'm looking to buy a replacement SUB 300 Sharkhunter questions on Livechat such as 'can I get one with a Sans Serif font?' are either ignored or brushed aside.
    Surely this isn't the way to sell watches at the £2500 price point where you are competing with Tudor and Omega?
    From a manufacturers perspective a customer complaint should be seen as someone trying to be loyal to the brand - the alternative is simply walking away which isn't in anyone's interest!
    Just my £0.02 so feel free to close or delete the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    If, as stated, the forum is not owned or operated by Doxa or one of their distributors isn't it in and of itself in violation of the original Watchuseek definition of an Official Forum?

Don't get me wrong, a Forum should have rules and shouldn't become a brand bashing arena - but it would be rather unrealistic, dull and ultimately dishonest if users can only post how wonderful / fantastic / amazing / glorious / awesome (delete as applicable) that brand is.
    Sometimes on the Christopher Ward forum there are some adverse comments posted around the issue of service but these are balanced out by positive comments giving a more rounded - and independent - view of the brand.
    My concern is that when censorship takes over in place of brand engagement there is a disconnect between fantasy and reality.
    I love my remaining Doxa watch, it's great quality, very accurate, comfortable to wear, unique in appearance etc and I've already paid for the 50th Anniversay book by Dr Pete of this parish.
    However I sold my last Doxa at a loss as it had the Serif date font which meant you couldn't easily read it with its right alignment clashing with the distortion on the box crystal - and Doxa couldn't offer a solution. Would I have purchased it if this had been known in advance?
    Possibly not.
    Now when I'm looking to buy a replacement SUB 300 Sharkhunter questions on Livechat such as 'can I get one with a Sans Serif font?' are either ignored or brushed aside.
    Surely this isn't the way to sell watches at the £2500 price point where you are competing with Tudor and Omega?
    From a manufacturers perspective a customer complaint should be seen as someone trying to be loyal to the brand - the alternative is simply walking away which isn't in anyone's interest!
    Just my £0.02 so feel free to close or delete the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    first, please let me introduce myself, my name is Rick Marei, I am a watch enthusiast and the first official DOXAholic, I spent 20 years of my life raising my kid "the DOXA SUB" in its home (this forum)... please read the rest of the story in the new, just released DOXA 50 year journey book by Pete Millar; https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/ac...-year-journey/

For those who canít wait, here is a brief summary of my story with the DOXA SUB and the forum: I approached DOXA 20 years ago and managed to convince the owners to create a true re-edition the DOXA SUB, With a lot of Enthusiasm and love for the DOXA SUB, DOXA agreed and then has become the first Swiss watch brand to be offered online in 1999. See doxa's site on the webarchive, the first Watch company to ever offer a watch online, while other brands only warned their visitors about the internet grey market and NOT to buy their watches online: https://web.archive.org/web/19991127...xawatches.com/

With the help of Ernie Romers, the founder of Watch U Seek we created the world's first or maybe the second (I cannot remember who was first, us or Michael Kobold) watch brand forum, since that day, I have created every DOXA SUB re-edition model except for the latest gold T-Graph. This forum, back before the word social media was invented, was what social media meant for a Swiss watch brand. Over the years, All of you, my team and I have become the Doxa family, and the first organic official forum, that is run by watch enthusiasts, brand fans, friends and collectors. This forum also made other DOXAholic like my dear Pete Millar to create a book with the help of watch guys for watch guys. So call it official or non official, all what counts is that it is still the best place to be for all DOXA fans. I raised my kid among his family, now its a grown up and it is time for me go, As I will soon be leaving Doxa in order to bring back another legendary Swiss watch brand to the watch enthusiasts, I want to stay in touch with my friends and the DOXA family through this forum.

My love for Doxa will never fade...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_M View Post
    first, please let me introduce myself, my name is Rick Marei, I am a watch enthusiast and the first official DOXAholic, I spent 20 years of my life raising my kid "the DOXA SUB" in its home (this forum)... please read the rest of the story in the new, just released DOXA 50 year journey book by Pete Millar; https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/ac...-year-journey/

For those who can’t wait, here is a brief summary of my story with the DOXA SUB and the forum: I approached DOXA 20 years ago and managed to convince the owners to create a true re-edition the DOXA SUB, With a lot of Enthusiasm and love for the DOXA SUB, DOXA agreed and then has become the first Swiss watch brand to be offered online in 1999. See doxa's site on the webarchive, the first Watch company to ever offer a watch online, while other brands only warned their visitors about the internet grey market and NOT to buy their watches online: https://web.archive.org/web/19991127...xawatches.com/

With the help of Ernie Romers, the founder of Watch U Seek we created the world's first or maybe the second (I cannot remember who was first, us or Michael Kobold) watch brand forum, since that day, I have created every DOXA SUB re-edition model except for the latest gold T-Graph. This forum, back before the word social media was invented, was what social media meant for a Swiss watch brand. Over the years, All of you, my team and I have become the Doxa family, and the first organic official forum, that is run by watch enthusiasts, brand fans, friends and collectors. This forum also made other DOXAholic like my dear Pete Millar to create a book with the help of watch guys for watch guys. So call it official or non official, all what counts is that it is still the best place to be for all DOXA fans. I raised my kid among his family, now its a grown up and it is time for me go, As I will soon be leaving Doxa in order to bring back another legendary Swiss watch brand to the watch enthusiasts, I want to stay in touch with my friends and the DOXA family through this forum.

Another legendary swiss brand? Please tell more

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    Another legendary swiss brand? Please tell more
    I wish I could tell you now, it is too early to say, but please stay tuned..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_M View Post

For those who canít wait, here is a brief summary of my story with the DOXA SUB and the forum: I approached DOXA 20 years ago and managed to convince the owners to create a true re-edition the DOXA SUB, With a lot of Enthusiasm and love for the DOXA SUB, DOXA agreed and then has become the first Swiss watch brand to be offered online in 1999. See doxa's site on the webarchive, the first Watch company to ever offer a watch online, while other brands only warned their visitors about the internet grey market and NOT to buy their watches online: https://web.archive.org/web/19991127...xawatches.com/

Hi Rick, thanks for a great post and I also think it's fantastic that you are joining the discussion; something I doubt would happen on the Rolex Forum!

I'm sad to hear that you will be leaving Doxa for pastures new after all that you have put into resurrecting a classic watch in the SUB which so many of us enjoy.

However, before you go I would appreciate your views from the top about the current level of customer service at Doxa - is it where you believe it should be for a £2500 brand.

More pertinently, if it was your money would you honestly spend it on an item, as a repeat customer, where you can't even get a reply about something as basic as the date font without chasing - and then after a week being told effectively 'we don't know'?

If you don't want to answer on a public forum please feel free to PM me but I would genuinely appreciate an answer.

PS: I'm really looking forward to receiving the new book by Doctor Pete, my order has already been placed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nepatriot likes this.

Hit by the WUS phantom...
    Last edited by nepatriot; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast