Simple question to Sub-1000 owners?.

Thread: Simple question to Sub-1000 owners?.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Simple question to Sub-1000 owners….

I had a Sharkhunter 750 before and I feel its size is perfect to me. But I sold it for some reason..so, I am planning to buy Sharkhunter 1000 coz it really like its vintage design.

But I’ve never buy a watch which is smaller than the preivous version.

My question is any Sub-1000 owners feel it is too small for you? Any owner feel regret?
    :thanks

Re: Simple question to Sub-1000 owners….

I don't own a Sub 1000 but my Sub 800Ti is the same size as the Sub 750 that you owned,just a little thicker.The Sub 1000 is about the same size as a Seiko Orange/Black Monster which I also own(Orange,of course).I have a 7 3/4" wrist & the Seiko O/M has never felt too small so unless you have a wrist size larger than 7 3/4" I'd say the Sub 1000 should wear just fine.
    Current(Automatic):
    Fortis "Mars 500 Chronograph",1 of 500...
    Squale"30Atmos GMT"Alpine Green,1 of 200...
    Zodiac"Super Seawolf"Ivory/Old Radium,No Date...
    Deep Blue "Daynight Diver"Sunray Blue/Blue Ceramic,T100GTLS...
    Future additions:
    Undone custom"PVD/Old Radium No Date"Diver...
    Squale "60 Atmos"Black/Orange/Brushed...
    Squale"101 Atmos"PVD/Yellow...
    GRAIL:2020 Omega Seamaster "Bond 007 Edition"...

I have both size Doxas and have a 6 1/2" wrist. The 750 is border-line too large (to my taste) and the 1000T is perfect.
    However, as I am sure many will tell you, it is a very personal thing. The current trend is to larger watches. The 1000T will seem a bit smaller but it is a little thicker so has good wrist presence. If you are going for the classic look, you should be fine as that is closer to the size of the "original". There are times when I feel like a larger watch and times when the 1000T is just what I want to wear. That is why you need both.

Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the 1000T...as for its size, as others have noted, it's a personal call. From my personal perspective, while I feel the outside dimensions of the 1000T watch case and height are a fine size, I struggle on a daily basis with the actual watch crystal and 'dial' size dimensions. While it may be a retro look to the 60's, I can't help think it looks like I'm wearing my wife's dive watch when it's on my wrist - and I have a skinny 6.5 inch wrist. I also have a now discontinued Seiko SCH033 (very similar to the 007) which has an outside case dimension the same as the 1000T, but it looks much bigger because the bezel sits nearly on top of the outside case edge allowing for a bigger crystal and dial size. That's the gotcha in my opinion on the 1000T looking small - looking straight down on the watch, there's a lot of free space outside the bezel to the case edge. That dictates a very small dial face. The previous post by E8ARMYDIVER is another perfect example - I would argue it does not look small to him because the dial is larger - in pics, you will see the Monster's bezel sits nearly on top of the outside of the case.

For me, the feeling that the 1000T is too small grates at me everyday like slow drips of water to the forehead, and that is not a good feeling. If I could have justified the cash outlay for the 5000T, I would have gone for that, albeit with reservation over the non-traditional DOXA center alignment of logo/naming. My first DOXA had to have the branding in the opposing 10 and 5 hour locations.

I think DOXA erred in not continuing the base model 750T - I would have bought that in a heartbeat. Please, DOXA, if you want to extend the reach of your awesome brand, reintroduce the base model 750T - I think that model was perfect in every way.
    Last edited by BCOH; August 28th, 2009 at 18:02.

I am opposite of BCOH. I've got 6.5" wrists, and the 1000T is infinitely better for me than the 5000T. Granted, the 5000T is a better watch in almost every way, however, the 1000T is a better fit for me in just about every category.

Not an ounce of regret in choosing the 1000T over the larger brethren.

I have had every case that Doxa has made, and still have a few if you look at my signature. I've had all of the 750T models. The 750T is a great watch. I"d prefer it with a domed crystal, but that is me.

The 1000T is, IMHO, the most wearable on a daily basis. I have the DS and the Caribbean. I have the Searambler on order.

The size issue was brought home to me when I received my Searambler 600T T-Graph. I hadn't had a 750 size case in a while as I decided to keep what I felt is my ultimate Doxa in each color. Although a 600T, The T-Graph is a 750 size case and it is just too big for everyday wear unless you never want to button a cuff and want to leave your personal mark on every door frame.

I'm also reminded of this when I wear my Sharkie 5000T, which is the ultimate Sharkie in my estimation. The 800Tis light enough that the size is somewhat nullified, but when I strap the T-Graph or 5000T on, I sometimes still look down and feel like a little boy wearing my father's watch.

Size is what you are used to wearing. I had to re-acclimate myself to smaller watches when I got back into wearing a Rolex. The Rolex looks fine on my wrist.

BTW: I have an 8 inch wrist plus water weight on any given summer day.

A 750T Sharkie

An oldie, but a goodie:

A 600T wristshot as it is about the same as a 1000T

IWC Aquatimer for perspective

Last edited by Mr.Boots; August 28th, 2009 at 19:32. Reason: Fat Old Fingers

Omega SMP 2589.30 Chrono
    Sub 5000T Professional
    Sub 5000T Caribbean
    Ball Muhle Glashutte SAR
    Ball COSC Diver
    Ball Fireman First Generation
    IWC Aquatimer
    Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic
    Rolex Sub Date
    Rolex Milgauss
    Ocean7 LM-2
    Ocean7 LM-4
    Ocean7 American
    Lum-Tec M38
    TimeFactors Italian LE
    Seiko 6105 IWW/Mk II Mod
    Prometheus Black, Yellow, and Blue Jellyfish. White and 2 PVD Baiji
    Prometheus Ocean Diver

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time. - TS Eliot

I had struggled with the 750T vs. 1000T for a while, having owned almost every color variant of each model at some time. The 750T seemed too big sometimes and the 1000T seemed too small sometimes (particularly for the dial-size reason stated in BCOH's post).

I finally figured it out, with my wife's help. For me, the dark-dialed Doxas (Sharkie and Carib) look better in the bigger 750T case. The lighter-dialed Doxas (Pro and DS) look better in the smaller 1000T case. (I have an 8.1" wrist). This is the big reason why I begged and pleaded for a 1000T Searambler. The brighter dials just "fit" the 1000T size, while being too bold in the 750T. At the same time the darker dials "fit" the 750T, while appearing too diminished in the 1000T.

This is how it's played out for me anyway. Personally, I love the proportions and domed crystal of the 1000T. It's also the better dress diver. If Doxa only made one model ever, I would pick the 1000T despite my wrist size.

Rob

Very interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    I had struggled with the 750T vs. 1000T for a while, having owned almost every color variant of each model at some time. The 750T seemed too big sometimes and the 1000T seemed too small sometimes (particularly for the dial-size reason stated in BCOH's post).

I finally figured it out, with my wife's help. For me, the dark-dialed Doxas (Sharkie and Carib) look better in the bigger 750T case. The lighter-dialed Doxas (Pro and DS) look better in the smaller 1000T case. (I have an 8.1" wrist). This is the big reason why I begged and pleaded for a 1000T Searambler. The brighter dials just "fit" the 1000T size, while being too bold in the 750T. At the same time the darker dials "fit" the 750T, while appearing too diminished in the 1000T.

This is how it's played out for me anyway. Personally, I love the proportions and domed crystal of the 1000T. It's also the better dress diver. If Doxa only made one model ever, I would pick the 1000T despite my wrist size.

Rob
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Pirates & Penguin territory (can't mention the Steelers '13)

Hi
    I have both the 750T Pro (Dirk Pitt edition) and a 1000T TUSA Sub and the 1000T wears smaller but IMHO looks better on my 7" wrist. Something about the antireflective on the 1000T is also quite catchy.
    You cant beat the summer special that Doxa is offering on the 1000T. Whichever way you go I think you are getting an amazing watch.

Check out the Maratac straps that Howard Marx has on his site (WestCoastTime). They look fantastic on both models. 22mm fits the 21mm lugs on the 750T and 20mm is an exact match for the 1000T.

1000T is perfect for my 6.5-inch wrist. But if you loved the size of the 750T before, I think you mind find the 1000T a little small. It does wear small given the dial size.

But that said, I have no regrets about going with the 1000T and it is one of the most comfortable watches I own.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information