Singing the Blues

Thread: Singing the Blues

Singing the Blues

Always kind of regretted selling my orange / coral Superocean. Tremendous watch but if I wanted to wear an orange watch it had to be a Doxa. I always liked the blue Superocean so I needed an excuse to buy one. I'm now writing a review of the new HRV Doxa 5000T and I wanted to compare it against other HRV watches. I have the Sea-Dweller and the Seamaster but what I really needed was a Superocean..... "honest darling, the devil made me do it"... not sure the wife will go for that excuse but easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I'll use it for the review of the 5000T and compare it against the 1000T.

Pete

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Singing the Blues

SUPER Pete! I've always loved the Superocean, planned on buying one long ago. Could never decide between the blue and black dials (simply wouldn't do to have two of the same watch with different color dials, now would it? ).

First time I was going to buy, I couldn't decide, so I ended up with a Navitimer. Second time? My Doxa 750T Professional.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    SUPER Pete! I've always loved the Superocean, planned on buying one long ago. Could never decide between the blue and black dials (simply wouldn't do to have two of the same watch with different color dials, now would it? ).

First time I was going to buy, I couldn't decide, so I ended up with a Navitimer. Second time? My Doxa 750T Professional.
    T, I was Breitling fan long before I ever owned a Doxa. I first saw one in the flesh when I was sitting beside a young lady who was wearing the green dial Chronomat on a flight from Hong Kong. Man was it a superdooper watch. The lassie was pretty nice too. I remember arranging to meet her in Hong Kong a couple of months later but was never able to make it..... story of my life really..day late and a dollar short. Anyway, I digress. I loved the Chronomat and Navitimer and always said I'd buy a Navitimer. Bought a fake one about 2 years ago. Nice quality "sexton blake" but boy did I go right off Navitimers. Really glad I never bought one now. Just wasn't the watch I imagined it would be. The Superocean however was very nice. I picked up a secondhand orange one and used it as my beater for a while until I sold it about 16 months ago. Not the most comfortable watch (never could seem to get the bracelet resized to be comfortable enough that the watch "disappeared"), not the fanciest but something nice about it. I like the numbers on the dial and I like the rider tabs on the bezel (not everyone does). There is also a smooth soapy feel to the case that doesn't seem to be with other watches. Could be the grade of stainless steel I suppose.

Not sure how long I'll keep this one after the reviews are done because even thought I have all these nice expensive watches, I find myself going back to my trusty Doxas

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the side by side pictures. i've considered getting a doxa for a long time now -- i love the 750 caribs, 'ramblers and the GMT's -- but i've always been a bit put off by the size of the cases. i don't have a large wrist and 44mm is pushing it for me. i've thought about a 1000, but doxa hasn't come out with a searambler (yet) or a GMT in that size case. and the 1000 carib lacks that great orange hand.

but i own a blue dial superocean (great watch!) that fits me well and never seemed too large on my wrist. seeing it next to that 750 the doxa doesn't seem much larger. how do they compare on the wrist? thanks again for the great shots.

best,
    chris

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drxblack View Post
    thanks for the side by side pictures. i've considered getting a doxa for a long time now -- i love the 750 caribs, 'ramblers and the GMT's -- but i've always been a bit put off by the size of the cases. i don't have a large wrist and 44mm is pushing it for me. i've thought about a 1000, but doxa hasn't come out with a searambler (yet) or a GMT in that size case. and the 1000 carib lacks that great orange hand.

but i own a blue dial superocean (great watch!) that fits me well and never seemed too large on my wrist. seeing it next to that 750 the doxa doesn't seem much larger. how do they compare on the wrist? thanks again for the great shots.

best,
    chris
    The 750Ts wear very well on the wrist. My wrist is only 7 inches and it's a perfect fit for me.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    The 750Ts wear very well on the wrist. My wrist is only 7 inches and it's a perfect fit for me.
    thanks for the feedback!

chris

Thread Information