So what makes the 1000T better than ...

Thread: So what makes the 1000T better than ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The original Washington ( near Newcastle , chilly North of England )

So what makes the 1000T better than ...

this ???
    Just kidding guys , its just that I LOVEEEEE my 750T so much and still for me its the best sub ever IMHO , I adore the size and everything about it , just the perfect watch .
    Saying that I can understand that some will enjoy the smaller case of the 1000T , thats whats so good about Doxa , theres one for everyone ( well nearly , make a Nymph for my wife )
    Regards

Mark

Re: So what makes the 1000T better than ...

That is still the best photo I have ever seen of the PRO!

Quote Originally Posted by markrichardsonno9 View Post
    this ???
    Just kidding guys , its just that I LOVEEEEE my 750T so much and still for me its the best sub ever IMHO , I adore the size and everything about it , just the perfect watch .
    Saying that I can understand that some will enjoy the smaller case of the 1000T , thats whats so good about Doxa , theres one for everyone ( well nearly , make a Nymph for my wife )
    Regards

Nice shot.
    And I agree with you about the perfect size of the 750. It fits much better on my wrist than the new 1000.
    But I understand that some people might prefer a smaller watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Top photo, I agree! But, just a small thing, look at the black paint on the 2 o'clock marker compared with the minute hand, it looks almost bubbled? The odd marker on my 600T is the same just an observation.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Cheers
    Mark

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Top photo, I agree! But, just a small thing, look at the black paint on the 2 o'clock marker compared with the minute hand, it looks almost bubbled? The odd marker on my 600T is the same just an observation.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark,

The hands are powder coated and will give a smoother appearance since the finish is baked on. I'm sure the dials are screen printed in some way giving them a different appearance. The reason being is that the paint has to be pressed through a screen.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Mark,

The hands are powder coated and will give a smoother appearance since the finish is baked on. I'm sure the dials are screen printed in some way giving them a different appearance. The reason being is that the paint has to be pressed through a screen.
    Ah! Illumination is a wonderful thing! Thanks for the info, now I understand
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Cheers
    Mark

I don't mind the wider case on the 750T, but it should be proportionally thicker and I prefer the smaller dial on the 600T and 1000T.

From what I see the 1000T is going to be great.

I'm not knocking your 750T though. It's still a nice watch.

Perfect for me would be the width of the 750T, but thicker, and a smaller dial like on the 1000T, and true 22mm lugs to go with the 750T width but thicker case.

While that would be pleasing to my eye, it might be hard for many to lug around. Sometimes I wither under the weight and bulk of the Dreadnought and the Steelfish.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Mark, that is an awesome shot of the 750T! love all of my 750'S too. Wouldn't mind trying a 1000T mind you, but I'm not sure it would win me over above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Connelly View Post
    I don't mind the wider case on the 750T, but it should be proportionally thicker and I prefer the smaller dial on the 600T and 1000T.

From what I see the 1000T is going to be great.

I'm not knocking your 750T though. It's still a nice watch.

Perfect for me would be the width of the 750T, but thicker, and a smaller dial like on the 1000T, and true 22mm lugs to go with the 750T width but thicker case.

While that would be pleasing to my eye, it might be hard for many to lug around. Sometimes I wither under the weight and bulk of the Dreadnought and the Steelfish.
    Sounds like what you need is a T Graph (750 diameter, but thicker) or maybe a GMT (750 case, but effectively smaller dial).... but hey, if the Dreadnought becomes too much of a burden for ya, feel free to let me help . Send it my way and I'll carry the weight for awhile. Okay, what the heck, the Steelfish can come too .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I prefer the flat crystal over the bubble crystal. I like to see the whole dial on one plane rather than moving my wrist to see parts of the dial that the bubbled crystal distorts. So I'll favor the 750T.

howboutdemRedSox

Hey Doxa Dan -

I tend to agree ith you about the domed vs flat crystal. I know it looks better longer on my wrist than a domed crystal....I tend to put a ding or two on a domed crystal. All that being said - I LOVE the look of a domed crystal. My Seiko 300m tuna is really an impractical watch, but I'm having a tough time parting with it because I love the look of the crystal - which is just sapphlex - so even though I've weighed in on not having the 1000T call to me, I'm seriously thinking about getting one (someday - preferably a used one) because the crystal is sapphire and not that highly domed.

I find the 20 mm lug width surprisingly "right" for the 750, that and it's thin width just help this large watch sit so inconspicuously on my wrist. After evaluating the Seiko Sumo ( and coming to a "no") and flipping a Marinemaster in about 18 months (because it was just too blingy and too thick) I realize I love the dimensions, understated finish, and proportions of the 750T - it's a watch that really works for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information