Some Questions from a Future Doxa Owner

Thread: Some Questions from a Future Doxa Owner

Some Questions from a Future Doxa Owner

All,

I have been admiring the Doxa line from afar on this forum for a couple months and will likely be taking the plunge on a Doxa in January, but I have gone around and around on what I want.

If you will indulge me, I have a couple questions for those in the know since I have still never seen a Doxa in person! Any thoughts, comments and preferences on these issues are appreciated.

1. Although I love heavier and thicker watches in pictures, I tend to pick up the lighter/thinner watch in the morning. With that in mind, I have been leaning toward the 1000t, but am a little weary of the thicker case and the fact that the bezel might actually be a little small for me compared to my Omega Seamaster and Oris Regulator. I have seen some comparison pics with the Omega, but any with the Oris would be appreciated (both from the top and side since the Oris is a thick 15mm).

2. Along the same lines, I like the Oris because it is big but light at about 115 grams with the rubber strap. The Omega is only 85 grams with the OEM strap. Has anyone weighed the 1000t, 750t or even the 750GMT with the rubber strap? I have seen the weight postings on this forum, but I think I would likely wear it as much with the rubber strap due to the weight issue and if light enough may step up to the 750t or 750 GMT.

3. I love the look of the Professional (but have a Seiko OM), really love the Caribbean (but have the Blue dial Omega Seamaster and a Blue dial Aqua Terra on the way), am intrigued by the Divingstar (but am weary of yellow getting old) and think the Sharkhunter is the most pragmatic (but pragmatism is not the driving factor for me to buy a Doxa!). Can anyone help out a really confused prospective purchaser with a suggestion on the basis that I plan for my Doxa purchase to be primarily a weekend and nights watch?

4. Finally, I like the idea of the COSC certified 1000t and the look of the extra diver logo on the dial, but not sure if it is worth the extra cash. Thoughts?

Thanks to all who reply!
    RALaustin
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph * Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Tribute to Aqua Lung * Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Navy Seals Alarm * Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Automatic Navy Seals * Rolex Sea-Dweller 1665 * Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller 116660 * Rolex Submariner 116610 * Rolex Submariner 114060 * Doxa 600t Professional * Doxa 300t Professional * Doxa 300 Searambler 50th * Doxa 300 Professional 50th * Kobold Soarway Diver (arctic blue/ti) * Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition

Re: Some Questions from a Future Doxa Owner

check out Dr. Pete's great site... http://www.doxa300t.com/

Go with the colour configuration you gut tells you to. You will happily wear it that way
    Last edited by Jason71; October 23rd, 2008 at 13:44. Reason: spelling ;-)
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

If you like the larger bezel watches, certainly go for the 750 or 5000. If you like black then the sharkhunter will treat you well. The Doxa guys have added the link on the www.doxa.us site for a few they had up their sleeve. Being a milled chunk of stainless, Doxa's are heavy. I rather like the weight of my Doxa's and although I own rubber for them, I'll never wear it. The stainless bracelets are much too comfortable and durable in my opinion and besides, the bracelet balances the watch out. I cannot comment on the GMT as I do not own one and have not seen one, but if the incentive program is still going on, you will save hundreds by purchasing sooner rather than later. I also like the diving helmet on the 1000T COSC watches. I cannot attest for all, but my non-cosc doxa's both run close to those specs without being certified. The logo sure is cool though......And finally, do your homework. Figure it all out before you order. I cant imagine anything worse than having the "I could have" or "I should have" six months after receiving your DOXA. I say six months because it doesnt matter which one you get, when the delivery guy shows up you'll say nothing but "WOW".
    Current rotation include:

DOXA SUB600T Dirk Pitt #1021/3000
    DOXA SUB750T Caribbean #226/250
    DOXA SUB 1000T Divingstar COSC #3002/5000
    DOXA Aquaman
    Tag Heuer Formula One
    Citizen Hyper-Aqualand
    Seiko SKXA61 "Orange Knight"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are concerned about the overall weight, you could always consider mating whichever one you choose with a Nato or Zulu strap. I have now been wearing my Caribbean with Natos for a few months and I'm wondering if I can go back to the standard rice bead strap. I have also tried the Doxa issued rubber straps for my 750 and found that the Nato is more comfortable.

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

Sounds as if you have done your homework. One concern that I have is that you are wearing an Omega SM. If you consider the 1000T, the cases are of similar size, but because of the cushion case on the Doxa, it will have a smaller dial. I would think that the dials on the SM and the 750T would be more comparable.

I agree with a bit of the above sentiment. You really should check-out the GMTs. It does depend on whether you prefer a more simplistic or a busier dial. I think the GMT line of Doxas are the best yet, AND they are on sale for forum members right now. (but not for long)

Good luck with your quest!!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there!

If you like a "logo'd" SUB 1000T but want a more "cash conscious" option we have the Project AWARE SUB. It is now on sale for $2,390 - the same price as the standard 1000T - and you have the added "feel good" factor of helping to support an evironmental non-profit!

http://www.doxawatches.com/sub1000t_project_aware.htm

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by RALaustin View Post
    All,

I have been admiring the Doxa line from afar on this forum for a couple months and will likely be taking the plunge on a Doxa in January, but I have gone around and around on what I want.

If you will indulge me, I have a couple questions for those in the know since I have still never seen a Doxa in person! Any thoughts, comments and preferences on these issues are appreciated.

1. Although I love heavier and thicker watches in pictures, I tend to pick up the lighter/thinner watch in the morning. With that in mind, I have been leaning toward the 1000t, but am a little weary of the thicker case and the fact that the bezel might actually be a little small for me compared to my Omega Seamaster and Oris Regulator. I have seen some comparison pics with the Omega, but any with the Oris would be appreciated (both from the top and side since the Oris is a thick 15mm).

2. Along the same lines, I like the Oris because it is big but light at about 115 grams with the rubber strap. The Omega is only 85 grams with the OEM strap. Has anyone weighed the 1000t, 750t or even the 750GMT with the rubber strap? I have seen the weight postings on this forum, but I think I would likely wear it as much with the rubber strap due to the weight issue and if light enough may step up to the 750t or 750 GMT.

3. I love the look of the Professional (but have a Seiko OM), really love the Caribbean (but have the Blue dial Omega Seamaster and a Blue dial Aqua Terra on the way), am intrigued by the Divingstar (but am weary of yellow getting old) and think the Sharkhunter is the most pragmatic (but pragmatism is not the driving factor for me to buy a Doxa!). Can anyone help out a really confused prospective purchaser with a suggestion on the basis that I plan for my Doxa purchase to be primarily a weekend and nights watch?

4. Finally, I like the idea of the COSC certified 1000t and the look of the extra diver logo on the dial, but not sure if it is worth the extra cash. Thoughts?

Thanks to all who reply!

Hello,
    If you haven't done so already, go above to the Doxa sub forums. Click on reviews by the Doc, and then go to reviews in the upper left hand corner.

You'll find a wealth of info and tons of comparisons there.

Good luck and btw, I'm looking to get a TT1 small second one day.

Thanks to all who replied. I have actually read (and re-read!) the reviews and at this point am definitely leaning towards the 1000t and also getting the curved end black rubber strap. I just like lighter watches and can live with the height over the weight difference with the 750t. Now, as to watch model/color, that is still way up in the air!

Still a couple months away until I pull the trigger (combination of promise to wife and year end reward to myself) so I will definitely be watching the forum postings for continued inspiration/confusion!
    RALaustin
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph * Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Tribute to Aqua Lung * Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Navy Seals Alarm * Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Automatic Navy Seals * Rolex Sea-Dweller 1665 * Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller 116660 * Rolex Submariner 116610 * Rolex Submariner 114060 * Doxa 600t Professional * Doxa 300t Professional * Doxa 300 Searambler 50th * Doxa 300 Professional 50th * Kobold Soarway Diver (arctic blue/ti) * Oris Carl Brashear Limited Edition

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Quote Originally Posted by RALaustin View Post
    Thanks to all who replied. I have actually read (and re-read!) the reviews and at this point am definitely leaning towards the 1000t and also getting the curved end black rubber strap. I just like lighter watches and can live with the height over the weight difference with the 750t. Now, as to watch model/color, that is still way up in the air!

Still a couple months away until I pull the trigger (combination of promise to wife and year end reward to myself) so I will definitely be watching the forum postings for continued inspiration/confusion!

You will always get a lot of great advice here!

Please give us a call to answer any further questions you might have!

DOXA

Thread Information