Someone Got a Decent Deal

Thread: Someone Got a Decent Deal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Someone Got a Decent Deal

It has been a while since one of these has gone for less than $1,000. I realize it had the little problem with the dial. Could be an indication of greater problems (i.e. movement issues or compromise of seal), but for heaven sakes, a vintage bracelet sold for $550 a couple weeks ago........

Go Figure

Click HERE
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Someone Got a Decent Deal

I was following that. I think it may have gone for that price because of seller's low feedback. I don't know. These prices are all over the place. I need a vintage!

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Thought about snagging it myself, but.... too much going on right now.

And did you notice the 750T Caribbean that disappeared after it hit $1100 and change?
    (The note you get when clicking a link to it implies eBay themselves may have canceled the auction ).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Indeed that was for nothing, i was expecting someone here to snap it up!

That was a good deal, however the low feedback as well as the "private ,no ID "thing scares folks.

Another factor. I believe that as of yesterday, their were about 7-8 Doxa Sub's of different configurations on Ebay.Usually when there are a lot of choices, and nothing rare or out of the ordinary, the prices get a little soft.

Was a little surprised the sub200 T-graph dial hands and movement drew no bids. Was the 1035.00USD starting price too high, or was this one suspicious?
    Just my dos centavos
    Arthur
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

I tried my luck in the last seconds but got outbid by the highest bidder who has placed his bid a day earlier and was willing to pay more.

What kept me a bit on the low side was the Dial problem, ok he stated the watch hasn´t been flooded but the dial was damaged at one spot and looked kind of corroded.
    It was complete but still I believe it needed some work.

Maybe if there had been a movement pic a lot people would have bid more.

The issue that quite some watches are floating around the Bay at the moment which gives potential buyers the possibility of choice might be the point that prices at the moment are on the lower side and maybe some Newby Collectors also have realized that there is always another DOXA upcoming.

I´ll guess in the future pristine to NOS examples will fetch higher prices, project watches and worn pieces will be on the lower side.
    Also a minus for paying to much for a project is the lack of availlable Doxa vintage spare parts compared to brands like Rolex or Omega.
    And even if these parts where availlable to us, you often have to calculate another US$500 for Repair and servicing.
    Together with the buying price of the watch that will often make not much difference in Total compared to a good or pristine watch.

So even if the Orange-Fever has caught and infected us hard, we should still try to keep cool and be realistic in our decission.

Just my twocents

Regards Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE View Post

The issue that quite some watches are floating around the Bay at the moment which gives potential buyers the possibility of choice might be the point that prices at the moment are on the lower side and maybe some Newby Collectors also have realized that there is always another DOXA upcoming.

I do believe that with the introduction of the 5000T, the 2 register T-Graph, and the new 1000T COSC Seahunters has encouraged a number of people to put their current Doxas up for sale. It does seem to have made the Pre-Owned Doxa prices a little soft.

There was a couple months just a short while ago where almost NOTHING went up for sale. There were at least a couple weeks where a vintage was nowhere to be seen (for sale that is).

Prices can be a little screwy. Recently there have been 750T Carib Seahunters going for over $2k and then for barely over $1k. It had been a while since I had seen a complete watch (albeit the dial was corroded) go for less than $1,000. Might be a good time to pick up that vintage that you always loved (or to sell me your vintage so that you can buy a new model). Not you specifically Bernie.............but if the shoe fits............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Prices can be a little screwy. Recently there have been 750T Carib Seahunters going for over $2k and then for barely over $1k. It had been a while since I had seen a complete watch (albeit the dial was corroded) go for less than $1,000. Might be a good time to pick up that vintage that you always loved (or to sell me your vintage so that you can buy a new model). Not you specifically Bernie.............but if the shoe fits............
    Jason these ups and downs have been all the time in the past few years and everytime Doxa releases a new Model and gets more attention by new folks the prices went up a bit and later stabilize on a reasonable level again.
    The current higher Dollar prices are because of the strong Euro, so buying a watch advertised in Dollars is quite interesting for us Europeans at the current good exchange rate.

I also believe to see a watch as an Investment is not a good idea, only difference might be some of the vintage Rolex Models, but I believe the models produced during the last 10 years will probably never fetch the prices a vintage piece from the 50´s / 60´s or 70´s is fetching right now.

Also every generation has it´s own collectibles and in every hobby there are sometimes trends which come up and people are following these and then switch to the next, so up´s and downs are normal. Investing in watches only makes sense if you are willing to sell your beloved pieces at the peak.
    Just think about the 70´s and 80´s where nobody of the mass was interested in buying mechanical timepieces.

Just some thoughts.

By the way Jason, regarding selling I guess I could be your brother. I am more a hoarder than a collector.

Hey anything vintage you wanna sell or trade?
    Some old Doxa parts you don´t need

Regards Bernie

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy
    ...and the new 1000T COSC Seahunters...
    Jason, are you certain these are called Seahunters?

I know the SUB 600T Divingstar and the SUB 750T Caribbean both carried the helmet logo as a tribute to the Seahunters, but I've seen no mention of the Seahunters this time around other than this post. In Doxa's introduction, they simply refer to them as the SUB 1000T COSC version. Something we need to know here?
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Jason, are you certain these are called Seahunters?
    Absolutely not. I just found it the easiest way to describe the new watches with the logo.:oops:
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information