Someone got a steal on the bay!

Thread: Someone got a steal on the bay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Someone got a steal on the bay!

I can't believe this sold for so little!

Click HERE
    Last edited by Jason71; December 5th, 2007 at 04:08. Reason: Link Fixed ;)
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

Re: Someone got a steal on the bay!

There are some deals to be had on Fleabay right now. There seems to be the "mass sell-off" that rick has spoken about where everyone is trying to get the newest and latest model. It is a good time to be a buyer, but that doesn't mean that you can't get a good deal as a seller as well. If you are a seller, you must figure out your price and stick to it. If nobody is willing to pay your price, maybe it is not your time to sell
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by SurferD View Post
    I can't believe this sold for so little!

Click HERE
    That was me! I'm surprised too. Thought I'd be outbid but sniped very late in the auction. One question, though. The Seller had a previous auction that showed the warranty card then he closed that auction early because of "an error in the listing". Then he relisted it with this auction and I noticed that the new auction photo didn't show the warranty card.

So, I've emailed him to ask if he will include the warranty card even if it has been registered before. I'm aware that the warranty is transferable on all Doxa watches until the two year period is up.

Here's my questions, though. Isn't the 1000T Divingstar a fairly new model? How many of the 5000 (1000Ts) are Divingstars? And, what's the earliest this watch could have been bought?
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CONGRATS!!! I too was watching that one for a while! Enjoy and happy holidays

P.S. were all eagerly waiting for pics
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray K View Post
    Isn't the 1000T Divingstar a fairly new model? How many of the 5000 (1000Ts) are Divingstars? And, what's the earliest this watch could have been bought?
    There are going to be 5000 of each for the different 1000T models. (5000 Divingstars, 5000 Pros, 5000 Caribs, etc). This is a very new model.

This information was posted by Doxa on August 20th, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Dear friends and forum members, I truely appreciate your participation in the Divingstar poll, the feedback, as usual, gives us the confidence that we are on the right track.

Please let me introduce the new SUB1000T Divingstar, same technical specifications as the SUB1000T Professional. Same yellow tone as the SUB750T GMT Divingstar dial (just to get a feeling of the yellow color, as it might appear different on various types of monitors and different color calibrations)

Estimated delivery is one week from now.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    There are going to be 5000 of each for the different 1000T models. (5000 Divingstars, 5000 Pros, 5000 Caribs, etc). This is a very new model.

This information was posted by Doxa on August 20th, 2007
    WOW!! 5000 of each? Was taht the same situation for the 750T's? I was under the impression with the 750T's that there was 5000 made with varying amounts of the professional, sharkhunter, military etc all together composing the 5000. And Jason, by any chance would you happen to know hoe many of the 750T Pro GMT's have been made? Ive got one, my frined has another, and I believe you have 2....so that's 4 so far...

Thanks,

Mike
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray K View Post
    That was me! I'm surprised too. Thought I'd be outbid but sniped very late in the auction. One question, though. The Seller had a previous auction that showed the warranty card then he closed that auction early because of "an error in the listing". Then he relisted it with this auction and I noticed that the new auction photo didn't show the warranty card.

So, I've emailed him to ask if he will include the warranty card even if it has been registered before. I'm aware that the warranty is transferable on all Doxa watches until the two year period is up.

Here's my questions, though. Isn't the 1000T Divingstar a fairly new model? How many of the 5000 (1000Ts) are Divingstars? And, what's the earliest this watch could have been bought?
    Hi Ray,

The !000T Divingstar was released at the end of August. I got mine for $1590 (that's with the returning Customer discount) on Sept. 4th. So, Yes you got a really good deal. The 1000T issues are 5000 of each model, not 5000 total like the 750T. So at this point there are 20,000 1000T cases planned. A drop in the bucket when compared to the likes of Rolex, Breitling or Omega. A lot though for the Doxa Dive watch part of the company. So while the watch is rare by normal production standards, it's definitely not as rare as the 300T reissue or the 750T COSC reissue Divingstars or the 600T divingstar. Great deal!!!

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I thought it was funny that the seller described it as "rare".
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by doc3341 View Post
    CONGRATS!!! I too was watching that one for a while! Enjoy and happy holidays

P.S. were all eagerly waiting for pics
    The seller has answered my email that the warranty card is included. I will definitely post pics when it gets here.

I've been led to believe that Doxa bought 5000 cases for the 1000T series and that all Divingstars, Sharkhunters, Professionals, GMTs, etc will be within this 5000 cases. I believe the same statements were made on the 5000 750T cases. Can anyone verify this?
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I thought it was funny that the seller described it as "rare".

If you compare doxa production numbers with the likes of Rolex, Breitling, Tag, Or Omega, the entire Doxa production Of the 1000T (20,000 watches) is a drop in the bucket. By those standards any Doxa on the Planet is rare. Us Doxaholics have been spoiled by really rare runs like the 25 COSC 750T Divingstars. I still haven't seen any doxas on the street.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information