Something completely different....

Thread: Something completely different....

Something completely different....

I found this old Doxa watch in Switzerland and because of it roots and maybe as a predecessor of the famous divers it had some attraction to me.
    It is a steel, tonneau shaped automatic daydate from the Synchrom era. The funny thing is that on the dial is written : Doxa by Synchron, Conquistador, Automatic.
    On the crown is the Synchron triangle. The blue leatherband is original and signed : Synchron S A Switzerland. The movement is not an ETA but an Anton Schild 566. The same 17-jewels movement has been mounted in some of the Blancpain fifty fathoms divers from the same era.(A. Schild 565).
    Regards,
    Adrian.

Re: Something completely different....

Hi Adrian

Yeah those come up fairly regularly as NOS items, wish we could get 300T Conquistadors for the same money!

D.

This one is pretty rare...
    It is a military pocket watch issued for the German Army during world war II and meant to be used by officers.
    The inscription on the back is D2436878H.
    DH means Deutsche Heer or German Army.
    This watch has a screw back, which was typically for military watches because most had hinges.
    Many other Swiss manufacturers made very similar watches according to military specifications : Eterna, Buren,Grana,Minerva etc.
    I realise that this has nothing to do with our beloved divers, but maybe a few forum members consider this as interesting.
    Regards,
    Adrian.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

That is sweet! Breitling made similar watches as well. I've bid on both Breitling and Doxa versions over the years, but so far I've not bid quite high enough! Someday......
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Way cool - I love that black pocket watch. I've been watching for a genuine DOXA dash clock for my car (being that the original and best dash clock was a Doxa) but so far, all I've seen is white-face models.

I have to rely on my trusty Elgin - to match the rest of the dash:

See, we're always willing to indulge "non-SUB" discussion here - the friendliest forum in the world. Oh, and if you ever see a black, Doxa, dash clock let me know A.S.A.P.!!!
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

Well...
    You should look at www.ebay.de and hit "DOXA"
    I have seen several on the German ebay. And not speaking German is not an issue there.
    Good luck,
    Adrian.

THOR, even though your dash clock isn't a Doxa, it's still sooooo cool to see it every time! Your car rocks! -Steve

Thread Information