Spring Bar Size?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Spring Bar Size?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spring Bar Size?

I'm looking for replacement spring bar pins for my DOXA SUB 1200. I contacted DOXA customer service and they said 20mm. When I asked what diameter is, I was told they'd get back to me. That was 3 months ago.
    Anyone know??

Re: Spring Bar Size?

Here's a thread that may help. Since you have one, can't you measure it yourself? Not that Doxa shouldn't have responded, but to wait 3 months...

Doxa 1200T Spring Bar Issue?? - The Dive Watch Connection

Maybe try Live Chat..if it's working.?
    Shark300 likes this.
    Cheers,
    Macey.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good luck, I've been waiting two weeks to get a return authorization from Doxa to send a watch in for warranty. The communication with Andy and Doxa USA has been great, but hearing back from the headquarters in EU is a different story. They're quick to ship out a watch when you send them almost two grand, but god forbid you have to send it in for service. Okay....short rant over lol.
    Shark300 likes this.
    Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

Instagram: @the.realwatchman

Quote Originally Posted by Mreal75 View Post
    Good luck, I've been waiting two weeks to get a return authorization from Doxa to send a watch in for warranty. The communication with Andy and Doxa USA has been great, but hearing back from the headquarters in EU is a different story. They're quick to ship out a watch when you send them almost two grand, but god forbid you have to send it in for service. Okay....short rant over lol.
    My experience exactly. You should try livechat, like Macey suggested. Since it is based in US, they at least are responsive there and it is working currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Macey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark300 View Post
    My experience exactly. You should try livechat, like Macey suggested. Since it is based in US, they at least are responsive there and it is working currently.

Just to clarify my post, Andy and Doxa USA has been responsive answering all of my calls/emails. But Doxa in Switzerland has not contacted him regarding a return authorization for my watch in over two weeks. Itís ridiculous that the middle man between the customers and the headquarters is also left in the dark. Not a good look. Providing return instructions can take on all two minutes but I guess itís not high on their list of priorities.

Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

Spring Bar Size?

Just to clarify my post, Andy and Doxa USA has been responsive answering all of my calls/emails. But Doxa in Switzerland has not contacted him regarding a return authorization for my watch in over two weeks. Itís ridiculous that the middle man between the customers and the headquarters is also left in the dark. Not a good look. Providing return instructions can take on all two minutes but I guess itís not high on their list of priorities.

Edit: Sorry, for derailing the thread. I used a spare 20mm spring bar in my Shark without any problems or excessive movement. Never measured the diameter of the ends though.

Current Collection:
    Omega:

Just to clarify my post, Andy and Doxa USA has been responsive answering all of my calls/emails. But Doxa in Switzerland has not contacted him regarding a return authorization for my watch in over two weeks. It’s ridiculous that the middle man between the customers and the headquarters is also left in the dark. Not a good look. Providing return instructions can take on all two minutes but I guess it’s not high on their list of priorities.

My experience was very similar. Others have reported the same thing.

Hmmmm ... a pattern perhaps?

The sympathetic "middleman" is doing all he\she can, but is at the mercy of distant powers that be. Customers feel bad for this nice guy. We don't blame the middleman, and don't want him to get in trouble with his superiors.

While I don't know this about Doxa, this is a technique some businesses use in a variety customer-facing departments. Like customer service.

While some business develop their techniques organically, there is a huge, multi-billon dollar industry around consulting, evaluating, selling, and even installing all kinds of customer-facing practices and techniques.

There's a variation used in car sales. My brother in law earned (retired a few years ago) a considerable income as a consultant to small to medium sized business like Walca. His company developed a variety of modular programs around sales and customer service. Full service: evaluate how a department is working, make recommendations. Often that included installing new processes, training employees, customizing ... even software and hardware, re-engineering work spaces.

Variations of "The middleman" are common. My brother in law was at the forefront of this industry, and created a model base on this 30 years ago, which evolved into a very sophisticated business technique. His clients included huge new car mega-franchises, the time share business, several manufacturers, etc.

None of this is devious or unethical. These are simply having a "best practice" for how businesses handle customers in various situations, typically where there can be emotions involved. The goal is to either maintain calm, or de-escalate, so things move along, via a uniform and well thought out process, to resolution.

I'll add in a timely manner ....

His recommendation to Doxa would likely be for an established customer - i.e. purchased a $2,000 item from you recently - who is inquiring about 50 cent item, just drop a few in the mail no charge.... the next day. The goodwill can generate more business, and that customer may become an advocate.
    Last edited by nepatriot; April 27th, 2019 at 15:58.
    Mreal75 and Econoline like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nepatriot View Post
    My experience was very similar. Others have reported the same thing.

Hmmmm ... a pattern perhaps?

The sympathetic "middleman" is doing all he\she can, but is at the mercy of distant powers that be. Customers feel bad for this nice guy. We don't blame the middleman, and don't want him to get in trouble with his superiors.

While I don't know this about Doxa, this is a technique some businesses use in a variety customer-facing departments. Like customer service.

While some business develop their techniques organically, there is a huge, multi-billon dollar industry around consulting, evaluating, selling, and even installing all kinds of customer-facing practices and techniques.

There's a variation used in car sales. My brother in law earned (retired a few years ago) a considerable income as a consultant to small to medium sized business like Walca. His company developed a variety of modular programs around sales and customer service. Full service: evaluate how a department is working, make recommendations. Often that included installing new processes, training employees, customizing ... even software and hardware, re-engineering work spaces.

Variations of "The middleman" are common. My brother in law was at the forefront of this industry, and created a model base on this 30 years ago, which evolved into a very sophisticated business technique. His clients included huge new car mega-franchises, the time share business, several manufacturers, etc.

None of this is devious or unethical. These are simply having a "best practice" for how businesses handle customers in various situations, typically where there can be emotions involved. The goal is to either maintain calm, or de-escalate, so things move along, via a uniform and well thought out process, to resolution.

I'll add in a timely manner ....

His recommendation to Doxa would likely be for an established customer - i.e. purchased a $2,000 item from you recently - who is inquiring about 50 cent item, just drop a few in the mail no charge.... the next day. The goodwill can generate more business, and that customer may become an advocate.
    Whatever is going on, and whether or not the middleman is stalling, I get the gist that Doxa is basically telling us we could take these issues and stick em. Iím glad the change in management is working out for the best...

Current Collection:
    Omega:

That is exactly how I understood and meant. My experience mirrors yours and his apparently :) Doxa EU is very slow to reply and it seems communication between Doxa EU and Doxa US is not that great either.

Mreal75 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information