Stolen Sub300T Professional
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Stolen Sub300T Professional

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stolen Sub300T Professional

It's been 4 years since it was stolen, but I am still keeping an eye out for my first reissue Sub300T pro. Bought it new from Doxa, serial # 444. It was stolen in the TSA line at Dallas Love airport in 2009. I still have the police report and have kept all the goodies that it shipped with from Doxa (tube, extra band, box, etc.). Should anyone ever run into the watch on eBay, etc., please drop me a line. Probably silly to think it will ever turn up, but hate to give up entirely. Reference original thread at https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/sto...rt-232972.html
    Name:  162501d1234544013-stolen-sub-300t-reissue-alert-watch2.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  40.3 KB
    davidtsee likes this.

Banned
    Dungji, Taiwan / Sacramento / San Diego / Santa Barbara / San Francisco / NYC

Re: Stolen Sub300T Professional

Ouch; at an airport terminal?? I've had nightmares of that as well.. I always stuff my watch, wallet, iPhone, etc. etc. into my duffle bag I use as a carry-on now and zip up the pocket prior to going through the TSA security checkpoint. Not that anybody would have an idea what my Nivrel is worth since it looks so subtle but just to be safe.

Hope you find it!! There's lots of great recovery stories on WUS. I recently was held at gunpoint over my PMD56-2952 and still haven't gotten it back yet but hey, Karma, right?

I remember your story well. Because of you, I started conducting myself differently regarding my watch when going through the TSA line. Thanks for reposting as it just helps us to remember the serial no. Maybe one day it will surface

BTW, your orange-dialed vintage Divingstar is doing just fine with me
    davidtsee likes this.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by davidtsee View Post
    Ouch; at an airport terminal?? I've had nightmares of that as well.. I always stuff my watch, wallet, iPhone, etc. etc. into my duffle bag I use as a carry-on now and zip up the pocket prior to going through the TSA security checkpoint. Not that anybody would have an idea what my Nivrel is worth since it looks so subtle but just to be safe.

Hope you find it!! There's lots of great recovery stories on WUS. I recently was held at gunpoint over my PMD56-2952 and still haven't gotten it back yet but hey, Karma, right?
    At gunpoint....wow...you've got the attitude of a saint or zen guru to patiently wait for Karma to get that culprit . I certainly wish you both the best with the recovery of your watches. Happy endings shouldn't always be Hollywood related!
    davidtsee likes this.
    Omar Montaño

"The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish" - Jacques-Yves Cousteau

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Mike, I remember the story too, and thanks for the reminder. With enough good will, and eyes on the lookout, I'm hoping it can't hide forever.

I'm going to add your watch #444 to my signature. With over 4000 posts all over Watch-U-Seek; maybe someone, someday will stumble across it, and know the whereabouts of your watch.

In reading the old thread, I noticed you had a 600T Sharkhunter, a reissue T-graph, a Grafic, and a NOS Sub 200T Coralline. Are those still in your collection?
    Last edited by subkrawler; July 2nd, 2013 at 07:26.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Perfect example of why I never take my best gear whenever I fly. Hell, I don't even bring along my 2nd stringers. Only the items I can either very easily replace if stolen or gear barely decent to the point I really won't care if it's taken.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Perfect example of why I never take my best gear whenever I fly. Hell, I don't even bring along my 2nd stringers. Only the items I can either very easily replace if stolen or gear barely decent to the point I really won't care if it's taken.
    Doesn't really work very well when flying with dive gear. I always take my top-shelf stuff. IMHO, there is no reason to have nice things unless you plan to use them. If the place I am planning to visit is too dangerous to wear a nicer watch??!! Don't want to go.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

WOW I Am Sorry To Hear That i know how much mine means to me if stolen i would be .. well lets say unbearable ... so sorry for your loss.

A happy ending to a very old thread. After years of looking #444 was in an active auction this past Sunday from a location several states away. After getting contact information from eBay on the user, and contacting a very responsive and wonderful agency the Kentucky State Police, my watch was recovered yesterday and Fedex'ed to me today. So for the first time since 17:00 on 02/12/2009 I am wearing #444 on my wrist! Many thanks to all of you who communicated with me and kept an eye on it and a huge thank you to the Corbin, KY PD and the Kentucky State Police!

The seller was a retired teacher who had purchased a box of electronics at a flea market to resale on eBay. This watch was in the bottom of the box with one other. Will never know who, as Peter so aptly put it, the rat bastard was that stole it but I am happy and reunited with my watch. This was most likely a one in a million event and I am thankful to have it again!

Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  101.9 KB

Great news, and of course - congrats on the return of your watch.
    Seiko skx 171 modded
    Seiko skx a53 modded - currently for sale on WUS only
    Some G's + Suunto Core all black

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information