Sub 200 Pictures Thread - Page 3
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Sub 200 Pictures Thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Sub 200 Pictures Thread

Picked this one up from Time & Tide on the 30 December. Must say, it's getting a lot of wrist time in the summer sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sebast975, arislan, TSH and 2 others like this.
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

So I just received the new the Sub 200 black dial variant, aka Sharkhunter ref. 799.10.101.10.

I will write a more comprehensive review after I wear it for a good amount of time, but some quick impressions:

Positive

- It wears great on my 7" wrist, guess I can attribute that to the 46mm lug-to-lug, while it's 42mm in diameter it wears like 40.
    - It's a stunner, really, love everything about its minimalist style.
    - The domed sapphire crystal really adds to the depth and vintage feeling.
    - Beads of Rice bracelet was easy to adjust (screw links) and wears very smooth and comfy on the wrist.
    - Finishing is top-notch with nice beveling.
    - Love the lugs! Not sure what's the nickname for this type, perhaps Lyre lugs?

Negative

- The clasp. It does feel quite cheap but more than that, there's some kind of "click" sound whenever I rest it on something, or press it with my finger. I think it has something to do with the diver's extension. Any other owners experience that?
    - The bezel is a dust and smudge magnet.
    - AFAIK there's no AR, and the crystal is very reflective, especially in a florescent-office environment.
    - The lume is nothing to write home about, though I was aware of that pre-purchase, still I'd expect more from Doxa.
    - I just set it 4 hours ago and it's already running 3 seconds fast. My experience with other ETA 2824-2 powered watches was much better. It's said that Doxa finishes the movements, so why no regulate as well? At least it's running fast and not slow, and perhaps it will settle in as I wear it.

Name:  sub2001.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  486.5 KB

Name:  sub2002.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  397.9 KB

Name:  sub2003.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  400.0 KB

Name:  sub2004.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  531.5 KB

Name:  sub2005.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  478.5 KB
    Mēdčn ágan - Nothing in excess

My 300T has settled from about +12 per day to around +6, it’s annoying that you can’t get it regulated locally as I assume it invalidates the warranty and I’m not even sure Doxa would do it if you sent it to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    My 300T has settled from about +12 per day to around +6, it’s annoying that you can’t get it regulated locally as I assume it invalidates the warranty and I’m not even sure Doxa would do it if you sent it to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah mine seems to be around +12 or so. I wouldn't send it to DOXA, just go to a local watchmaker, anyone can regulate this movement.

I hope mine will settle to something around your number as well, but even if not, not sure I'll bother regulating it (just set it earlier). I find that personally for me obsessing about timekeeping too much takes away from the enjoyment of the watch.
    Pegasus likes this.

TSH

Have my Sub 200 Pro for almost 3 weeks. Overall quality is great. It is running between +2 and +4 per 24 hours day in, day out. Regardless if it is on the wrist or stationary. Contrarily to what was said here - the crown is not simply painted, but inlaid with paint/enamel. It is readily evident under magnification. It's not a cheap thing to do to the crown and definitely is a great little detail. Another thing - Doxa nowhere mentions bezel being sapphire and if it was they would say so. So I am pretty sure bezel insert is mineral glass. The only one negative is of course the lume, but I still like the watch.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  254.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  221.9 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  269.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Have my Sub 200 Pro for almost 3 weeks. Overall quality is great. It is running between +2 and +4 per 24 hours day in, day out. Regardless if it is on the wrist or stationary. Contrarily to what was said here - the crown is not simply painted, but inlaid with paint/enamel. It is readily evident under magnification. It's not a cheap thing to do to the crown and definitely is a great little detail. Another thing - Doxa nowhere mentions bezel being sapphire and if it was they would say so. So I am pretty sure bezel insert is mineral glass. The only one negative is of course the lume, but I still like the watch.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  254.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  221.9 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  269.9 KB
    Finally! Someone with the Proffesional orange color. Keep posting more pics, perhaps some wrist shot.
    Toooooooonyyy likes this.

My new blue Sub 200Name:  Doxa_sub_200.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.40 MBName:  Doxa_sub_200.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.40 MB
    boatswain and Sambation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Doxa nowhere mentions bezel being sapphire and if it was they would say so. So I am pretty sure bezel insert is mineral glass.
    AD said it was sapphire. Mineral.glass would not be strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

Name:  BC6D1CAC-E606-4BAF-AE6A-D004AF3C1BAF.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  1.09 MB
    Sambation and BradPittFUAngie like this.

Name:  doxasub2003.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  601.5 KB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information