SUB 5000T Dimensions

Thread: SUB 5000T Dimensions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SUB 5000T Dimensions

Guys,

since most of these are now on the Doxa site. Here are the dimensions of the Prototype. It looks like the production model is the same size. These were taken eyeballing a steel tape so they may be a fraction out

Case Length - 47mm (maybe 48)
    Case Width - without crown 45mm, with crown 48mm
    Lug width - 21mm
    Bracelet 21mm tapering quickly to 20mm over whole length
    Bracelet Thickness - 3.5mm
    Height - 15mm to top of bezel (domed crystal adds less than 0.5mm to that height)

Weight for a 6.75 inch wrist sized bracelet 200g

Pete

Re: SUB 5000T Dimensions

Lug width 21mm? On a watch that big? That's very disappointing as I would have liked to have seen 24mm...or at least 22mm.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Quoting Dr. Peter Millar from 2/10 thread:

Oh and before someone asks.... the width of the band is ....22mm. Man how many people are now leaping up and down

End of Quote.

Doxa or Doc, can you please confirm, I have placed an order based on lug and band width of
    22mm. Not 21mm taping down to 20mm. To some this might be irrelevant or splitting hair, to me it is very important.
    Thanks a million.

Daniel
    Last edited by dibetu; November 9th, 2007 at 15:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    Lug width 21mm? On a watch that big? That's very disappointing as I would have liked to have seen 24mm...or at least 22mm.
    The case is approximately the same length and width as the 750T but thicker. Though not as thick as the 600T-Graph. The bracelet is substantial and it works very well with the watch, better than the ricebead on the 750T and T-Graph in my opinion. Look at the photos of the watch. It is impossible to make the lugs 24mm. 22mm would also start to make the distance between the edge of the lugs and the side of the case very small and would have not looked good, in my opinion. I think it is just about perfect but again just my opinion. I'm dead against wide bracelets unless you have 8 inch wrists. The 5000T has bags of wrist presence, wears small and is very comfortable for being a big watch. A 22mm wide bracelet would have added a whole bunch more weight to the watch.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dibetu View Post
    Quoting Dr. Peter Millar from 2/10 thread:

Oh and before someone asks.... the width of the band is ....22mm. Man how many people are now leaping up and down

End of Quote.

Doxa or Doc, can you please confirm, I have placed an order based on lug and band width of
    22mm. Not 21mm taping down to 20mm. To some this might be irrelevant or splitting hair, to me it is very important.
    Thanks a million.

Daniel
    Daniel,

the 22mm was in the information I was given at the time. I didn't have the prototype then. The clasp is actually a little wider than 20mm from what I remember (not wearing the watch today but will check later) but the actual width of the links is 20mm. Sorry for the mix up but I was just working on the info I had at the time.

Pete

HUH ????

Pete in thread titled Super Sub 2/10 you stated it was 22mm ????

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...highlight=22mm

D.
    Last edited by GraniteQuarry; November 9th, 2007 at 15:58. Reason: Added Link

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    HUH ????

Pete in thread titled Super Sub 2/10 you stated it was 22mm ????

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...highlight=22mm

D.
    Don't shoot the messenger, kids. I post the info I'm given. It was wrong. I'm sorry.

Pete

Was just pointing out the conflicting info, i know i'm not the only one who thought we were getting 22mm here!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Was just pointing out the conflicting info, i know i'm not the only one who thought we were getting 22mm here!

D.
    Heck, David, I thought they were 22mm too. Not that I wanted 22mm but I know some people did. To be honest I've kept stum on the dimensions in case the prototype used 20mm and the production model did indeed have a different case size, lug width and bracelet size, but from what is on the Doxa site (21mm lugs) it would seem very unlikely that they would now use a 22mm bracelet.

Personally I believe that when people get their hands on the 5000T they will forget all about the bracelet size. the watch is beautifully proportioned and wears tremendously well.

Pete

Indeed 1mm isn't fundamental here! I'm just glad to see a more solid bracelet, not quite sure of the polished rows though, will see how it looks in the flesh.

D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information