SUB 800Ti on new Isofrane!

Thread: SUB 800Ti on new Isofrane!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SUB 800Ti on new Isofrane!

Like many other 800Ti and 5000T owners, I was on the search for a good rubber strap for a long time. Then a couple of weeks ago, the new Isofrane strap was launched. And what would fit a sixties-design dive watch better than a sixties-design dive strap?

A lot was said about that strap over at the dive watch forum. Let me just sum it up by saying that it's simply excellent and worth every cent. However, it's a 24mm strap (20mm and 22mm versions are coming soon) but I decided to give it a try anyway. So I trimmed the strap ends with an X-ACTO knive to fit the 21mm lug width of a Doxa (I used the end pieces of the Ti bracelet as a template to get the correct width). I had no problems to cut the strap and all was done in a couple of minutes.

All 800Ti and 5000T owners who tried to fit a rubber strap to their watches know that the biggest problem usually is the ridiculously small space between the screw bar and the watch case: most rubber straps have too much material around the springbar hole to fit that tiny gap. However, I was very pleased to see that the Isofrane strap just fits in perfectly!

One last thing: Isofrane offers two different buckle shapes, a round one and a square one. I preferred the round one, but unfortunately these ones are bead blasted. So I brushed the buckle with a green Scotchbrite sponge to match the case finish.

But enough said, here are the pics! I like it a lot, and I hope you like it too!

Cheers,

Beedoo

Re: SUB 800Ti on new Isofrane!

Woooooooooo now that does look sharp. Great combination

Pete

Superb combination i must say. But, anyone knows if the lug end being trimmed any damages done to the strap like the stretchability and stregth at the lug end.

i am thinking to do the same on a 24mm strap for my t-graph but cut it using a scissor or a sharp knife.

Please share.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by shorinjikempo View Post
    Superb combination i must say. But, anyone knows if the lug end being trimmed any damages done to the strap like the stretchability and stregth at the lug end.

i am thinking to do the same on a 24mm strap for my t-graph but cut it using a scissor or a sharp knife.

Please share.
    Thanks for the compliments!

I think it's no problem stregth-wise. However, you notice that I did cut away a little square block of rubber on each side. And when you do the little cut in parallel to the springbar hole, you need to be very careful not to cut in too deep. I tried to cut in just enough to take out the little rubber block.
    I think when you cut in about 1-2mm too deep, then the strap could possibly tear in at this spot when much force is used. But the Isofrane strap is from very high quality. I tried to strech it several times with quite a lot of force and saw no signs of tearing. And I felt that the screw bar would possibly start to bend long before the strap would be damaged.

I would probably not use scissors to cut the end pieces, unless they are very small and sharp. I already trimmed a lot of straps, and X-ACTO knives, scalpels or razor blades worked best.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Beedoo

I am not usually a fan of Rubber straps, but that Isofrane looks KILLER
    Best Regards,
    Jason

That looks killer! I think there is an Isoframe in my future!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

What is a X-ACTO knife? Kind enough to show a photo.....

Great watch, Beedoo. Love the 800 and the trituim tubes.

p.s. Kempo, This is one style of x-acto knife

http://www.netrino.com/images/glossary/X_XActo.jpg

Got it, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information