SUB1000T Searambler - Pre-order Link

Thread: SUB1000T Searambler - Pre-order Link

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SUB1000T Searambler - Pre-order Link

Dear friends and members,

while the demand has been rather fluctuating on a the SUB1000T Searambler, yet we have finally decided to proceed with manufacturing the SUB1000T Searambler, currently we are undecided whether to make a 30 to 50 piece edition, or even more depending on the demand. With around 25 commitments to this model, those who voted to pre-order, please use the link below to submit your pre-order. Those on the poll list will still be able to receive this model at $1590.00 + shipping despite the eventual upgrades and improvements listed below. After the poll closes, the pre-order price will be $1890.00 + sh. Please note that the Poll will close on August 1st. 2009.

SUB1000T SR Pre-order https://www.doxasub.com/Order/order.aspx?ID=171

As the Searambler was initially released with the Synchron specs, we are using the original SUB300T Searambler as a reference to the new re-edition. Here are the specs:

1. SUB1000T Searambler silver dial (dampened SUB750T Searambler dial which will resemble the original to the furthest extent possible)
    2. same case diameter as the current SUB1000T, but eventually thicker than the current SUB1000T series
    3. SUB 750T GMT bracelet dimensions
    4. Depth rating between 1000 and 1200 meters
    5. HRV at 9 o'clock
    6. orange minute hand, black hour and second hands

If for whatever reason the minimum number of 25 pre-orders cannot be reached, the project will be postponed and the deposits will be refunded within 10 days from today.

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; July 29th, 2009 at 20:55.

Re: SUB1000T Searambler

So glad to hear this is moving forward. A couple of questions...as we always do:

What does "dampened...dial" mean? and when you say to resemble the original to the furthest extent possible do you mean the original 750 or the 300?

Got the same case diameter but am concerned about the "eventually thicker than current..series." One of the reasons I like this line so much is that it wears well (not top heavy) and can get comfortably under my dress shirts. Does eventually thicker mean after the first round of 'Ramblers it will get thicker or does eventually mean that this release will be thicker? Any idea how much?

Finally, thank you guys so much for listening and responding as you all do so well!

Mike

Hi Mike, good questions that did not come up very clear in our posting:
    1. the new dial will resemble the vintage SUB300T dial in color, texture, but please note that all dials that you see on vintage pieces have their patina.
    2. Minimum of 1mm and a max. of 3 mm. thicker to resemble the Synchron era SUB300T Conquistador. And also to accommodate the HRV. This is in fact to follow numerous requests for a SUB1000T thicker case, please bear in mind, that when the thicker bracelet is used, then the case must grow in thickness as well, else it would result in an aesthetical misconstruction.
    We think that the above upgrades will make a fantastic looking Searambler, that is very true to the original of the Seventies
    DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; July 29th, 2009 at 13:09.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This sounds great. I like the upgrades while retaining respect for the past. I sufficiently trust the judgement of Doxa on this one to properly honour their heritage. I have placed my deposit
    Last edited by tokyotokei; July 29th, 2009 at 13:22. Reason: typo

not complaining- well i suppose a small bit- but this was slated at 1490.00 yes? the extra hundred is fine but notable right!

Hi, it is definitely no problem to have order at $1490.00 with the standard bracelet

DOXA

Re: SUB1000T Searambler - Pre-order Link

With all of these great upgrades from the standard 1000T, are we still looking at an October delivery?

Rob

Just called Doxa. Karen said they're hoping for October. WHOA!!!!!! This will be the best 1000T IMO--with all the upgrades, the coolest and most versatile color combo.

Love how they're staying true to the spirit of the vintage but adding the modern touches--as others have pointed out. Deposit in!

Note from DOXA:

We apologize, Karin was not informed at the moment, as this is an entirely new case, dial and hands, and upgraded bracelet, this model is anticipated for November or December 2009.

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; July 29th, 2009 at 20:35.
    --AC

My payments in!

Come on chaps. Its the final hurdle to cross and we've been asking for this for such a long time.
    Breitling: Avenger Chrono, Navitimer
    Marathon: TSAR
    Rolex: GMT Master "Pepsi", Yachtmaster, GMT Master Ceramic, Submariner, Sub 5513, Sea Dweller, Explorer II, Daytona
    Seiko MarineMaster, Tunacan
    Tudor: Heritage
    Doxa: Sub 1200T

Laughing Re: SUB1000T Searambler - Pre-order Link

Guys,

OMG, I just did it! I cannot wait to get the watch that I've pined for for quite some time. We're in the home stretch boys!

:thanks

Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information