Sub300 losing seconds after perfect accuracy?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By ljb187
  • 1 Post By nepatriot

Thread: Sub300 losing seconds after perfect accuracy?

Sub300 losing seconds after perfect accuracy?

Hey gang,

I was wondering if any sub300 owners have experienced this? My Rambler was on spot on +1 seconds per day if that, and now losing a good amount (maybe -4 to -8 seconds per day) . Haven't changed my wearing habits, hasn't been banged around, nothing.

Have you experienced this? How has everyone else's accuracy been going thus far?

Re: Sub300 losing seconds after perfect accuracy?

Sorry to hear of the problem you're having - hopefully you'll get them resolved soon.
    My SUB 300 Professional has been rock steady from new in 2016 at less than a couple of seconds gain per month :)
    Amazing accuracy from an amazing watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it helps, -4 to -8 seconds per day is actually pretty good...close to COSC specs. It's a bit hit or miss for mechanicals: I currently have a 600T Sharkhunter from 2004 which I bought second hand (and have no idea about its service history) which runs at about +1/SPD. On the other hand I have a Sinn with the same movement, serviced just a few years ago, and it's running at about -17/SPD. This form is peppered with anecdotal posts about the accuracy of Seiko's 6R15 movement yet mine is by far my least accurate mechanical...doesn't keep it from being one of my favorite watches though.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Estradagy View Post
    Hey gang,

I was wondering if any sub300 owners have experienced this? My Rambler was on spot on +1 seconds per day if that, and now losing a good amount (maybe -4 to -8 seconds per day) . Haven't changed my wearing habits, hasn't been banged around, nothing.

Have you experienced this? How has everyone else's accuracy been going thus far?
    How old is the watch, how long have you had it, and did this start suddenly? Is this one of the anniversary additions with the COSC ETA's?

Mechanicals can be sensitive at times, and will also behave differently depending on how wound up the mainspring is. If it's new, it may "break in"; many do not believe watches have a break in period, while others do. Some watch mfg's comment on break in in their manuals. I've had some that appear to break in; others that do not. My first Doxa came in at +20 out of the box, which is within specs for the ETA used the watch. It is now running +11 or 12.

Most of my mechanicals run slow when the power reserve is low, usually at the end 3 - 4 days of low activity, like business trips with long hours on planes, in meetings all day, late diners etc.

There's an app you can get for your phone - Hairspring - that works with your earphones. Wind it up fully, and see how it does.
    ljb187 likes this.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply! I just got it maybe less than 3 months ago. It is indeed a 50th anniversary searambler.

This did just happen suddenly. I didn't wear it for about a week, put it back on for a week and noticed I was about a minute behind. I was stunned because prior to that it was right on the money daily. Maybe +1s per day. Since yesterday (24hrs) it's lost about 8s.

I'll be sure to download that app. Just never seen something like this happen so rapidly. My black bay ETA, for example is still running -1S per day since I got it about a year ago, so I didn't expect this chronometer rated ETA to change so rapidly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Estradagy; July 22nd, 2018 at 20:34.

Thread Information