Sub750T v Marathon SAR

Thread: Sub750T v Marathon SAR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Sub750T v Marathon SAR

If any forum members have a Marathon SAR automatic (Marathon watch product code WW194006) I'd appreciate a note of how it compares on the wrist to the Sub750T (any side by side pictures would be great), and any other observations (weight, accuracy, reliability etc). I also have a Sub300T reissue, Sub600T, old 250 sharkhunter, a couple of GMTs and Sub1000Ts, so comparisons to these DOXAs would make sense to me as well, but given its size I think the Marathon would be closest to the Sub750T.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill.

Re: Sub750T v Marathon SAR

The Marathon SAR,TSAR,GSAR,and SAR-D wear nothing like the Sub 750T series. While the case height is roughly equal the Sub 750T sits flatter on the wrist and is more well balanced. MWR's site claims the case diameter of the SAR is 46mm but that includes the crown. It wears more like 42mm and sits very tall on the wrist - top heavy

Many thanks for such a helpful (and quick!) reply

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For me the SAR is a poor relation - flimsy build quality (esp. the bracelet) and the fit and finish much lower, well it is like a $600 watch after all. I particularly remember the dial and hands being very rough. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    David.

Here are wrist shots of my Sub 750 and my G-SAR. THe G-SAR does not look near as big on my wrist as the picture makes it out to. I think it looks kind of small on my wrist myself. It does sit very tall on the wrist as stated. The Sub 750T IMHO is the ultiment wearing watch.

I loved my TSAR, and now my GSAR. That being said my 5000t is waiting for me in San Francisco. I think the marathons are great for their price point, and are very much a tool watch. I love tritium too. All that beind said, I fully expect my Doxa's to be in a whole different league. Also with the SAR, GET THE BRACELET.

The Sars and Doxa are in a different league. Both great watches, both unique. I own a TSAR, the quartz version, and the CSAR, the big daddy chrono version. The TSAR is more of a beater out door watch and is a little small for me. It would be perfect if it was about 2mm bigger and the same height. The CSAR is almost a little too big, if there is such a thing.

Regardless my main rotation, given all the watches I have, is the CSAR and a Doxa GMT. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by MaxStatic; December 15th, 2007 at 06:46. Reason: typo
    I have too many watches.....

hello to all,
    It is Friday night. I am quite tired from this week work load. But I need to say something here now. I own a Marathon ETA 2824-2 watch. And also a few more Doxas. I can't stand any form of a stupid attitude.....
    There is a point where we're talking about pure enjoyment !!!!
    And I'll tell you, I enjoy my TSAR watch 100% of it!!!!
    When I need to work around the car, the gocart, the woodshop, even the house, I try to wear my marathon TSAR....
    When I come home from work, and I " might " work on the car, the house or the space craft ?, then I wear a Doxa.
    Get it ?
    You don't need to enjoy one in order to shoot down any others.....
    Peace and love.
    Thierry

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogonwheels View Post
    I can't stand any form of a stupid attitude.....
    What are you talking about? No one is giving an ounce of attitude, just honest opinions about both brands. I don't get it.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    What are you talking about? No one is giving an ounce of attitude, just honest opinions about both brands. I don't get it.
    Well Thierry also mentions working on his space craft so try figuring that one out LOL LOL

D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information