The Super Sub 5/10

Thread: The Super Sub 5/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture The Super Sub 5/10

I know most of you have figured out the name already based on a couple posts. BUT, you have not seen it accompanied by this next Picture. Let me know if you notice anything else in this snippet.

The Seaconqueror

Last edited by Jason71; November 2nd, 2007 at 18:13.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

zak

Re: The Super Sub 5/10

Mmm...Its growing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I know most of you have figured out the name already based on a couple posts. BUT, you have not seen it accompanied by this next post. Let me know what you think of this little snippet picture.

The Seaconqueror

Strange to see the Doxa logo centered and not offset to the left. Also I am not sure about the silver hands. I guess, like Pete suggests, I will reserve final judgement until the complete reveal. The font on the Seaconquerer looks a little odd and hard to read. IMO, they should have used the same font style as the Conquistador.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********
    REPLY BY DOXA
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ********
    Hi Malayel, As we continue posting single features of the new SUB, please remember, this is a complete watch, and can only be looked at in whole, and believe me, this is a stunning watch and the most beautiful SUB ever made! All editors of the watch magazines, who have watched the evolution of the line over the past few years, and I really mean all of them, have called this watch the best SUB ever and are featuring it in the next issues of their publications. I am sure when you have seen this watch in the flesh, you will like to order one too.

Yes, the new DOXA SUB will have the logo and name centered. Remember, we are gradually shifting away from the retro look of the SUB300T, with a new bracelet, applied markers and centered logo, For those who are fond of the vintage and retro look, the SUB1000T is the closest to the original of 1967. For bigger sized wrists, the GMT and the new T-GRAPH will retain the retro look as we move forward towards an entirely new design.

The font used on the dial is the original Divingstar font, it was used in italic in order.

BTW, I intentionally had this picture made, to show the thickness and the build quality of the hands, and the amount of Superluminova used, THIS SUB stands for Quality !

we appreciate your opinion, so keep the feedback coming

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 2nd, 2007 at 19:07.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is that a real word? Sea Conqueror ? That's ok. They can call it the big orange clown watch and I'd still buy it!

REPLY BY DOXA

The Seaconqueror is not a real word, else it would be separated in 2 words. It is the superlative of names like the searambler, seamaster, seastar etc.., because it will basically challenge and conquer any dive watch in earth today

rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 2nd, 2007 at 19:27.
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

MMMM,,,,, Silver hands, i mentioned that i felt things were going bling before this just confirms it.

DOXA are, to me, about a dive watch that is solid for the job yet that bit different, that wearing it with a suit is also an option and not unusual. But at the end of the day it is a good solid dive watch.

These silver hands coupled with the markers seem to be taking the watch into the fashion watch world. I have always liked what DOXA do with the hands with the differing colours.

I am not convinced.

I will however reserve judgement, you can't move forward without making change.

Carl.

(Seaconquerer?? Please don't go down the car world route of making names up)
    Last edited by Carl.1; November 2nd, 2007 at 18:09. Reason: More comment

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel View Post
    Strange to see the Doxa logo centered and not offset to the left. Also I am not sure about the silver hands. I guess, like Pete suggests, I will reserve final judgement until the complete reveal. The font on the Seaconquerer looks a little odd and hard to read. IMO, they should have used the same font style as the Conquistador.
    Sometimes change is good. Just from what little I know of it so far; It looks like Doxa is out to set a new standard in dive watches. Just like they did in the 60's. Orange still is the best color to see under water. Big hands are important. Easily adjustable bands are important. HRV are important. Big dials also help. Ability to withstand high amounts of pressure. Oh yea! BIG shiny watches attract sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronometer View Post
    HRV are important.
    come on, HRV's are important? Cool, yes. Important, no.

REPLY BY DOXA

The HRV is a milestone in the DOXA history, and if future models of the DOXA SUB will incorporate it, then 90% of it is a hommage to the Conquistador, the world's first HRV equipped watch, and 10% our contribution to the dive world and to those saturation divers out there, who like to use a mechanical backup to their computer

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 2nd, 2007 at 19:14.

The hands can't be that bling...otherwise we would have noticed from pic 4/10? no?

REPLY BY DOXA

The hands are not bling, they are very masculine and only reflect highest quality

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 2nd, 2007 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel View Post
    come on, HRV's are important? Cool, yes. Important, no.
    Yes not important too me. I have a 7 ft deep pool. That is the extent of my diving. Not much diving going on in the mid west unless someone drowns.

To some HRV is VERY important. Say your watch falls off while diving. It drops to the bottom of the ocean. You don't want it to implode before you retrieve it. Someday you might just be able to dive that deep and retrieve your (now classic) Doxa watch.

Oh yea. Your right. It does just look cool with the valve.

Would it be safe to assume there will be no other dial "embellishment" as we have seen most of the dial and now the hands?

Considering the centered Doxa and SeaConqueror names, it doesn't appear there will be a diver-type logo and the dial will seem a little plain to me unless they fit the WR rating in there somewhere.

At this point, I'm still not sure if it's enough of a variation from the 750T Pro, even with the metal hands and markers.

More waiting is in order to make a final determination.

Thanks, Jason, for the updtaes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information